Is Utilitarian a good 2nd Inclination for a Fighter?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Is Utilitarian a good 2nd Inclination for a Fighter?
3 years ago#1
If Snow ends up like my first pawn, Gray, he's not going to have much in the way of 3 star enemy knowledge. So if that's the case, should I even bother with Utilitarian, or is the 2 star knowledge, which I'm sure will mostly contain melee knowledge, be good enough to make him effective?
---
PSN ID: Gamernamicon, Pawn: Gray, The Chair Thrower 90+
Alt PSN ID: Xyloth, Pawn: Snow, The Albino Elf 17+
3 years ago#2
I don't think it will matter. Are you hiring other pawns, or just going with a party of 2? The pawns you hire will use the tactics they've learned and end up earning him 3 stars on most of the enemy classes over time. He may hack at an armored cyclopes' leg uselessly at first, but he'll get it eventually.

Anyway, a lack of foe knowledge has never stopped me from hiring a pawn. I mean, I know what I'm doing, so all they have to do is play along.
---
PSN: DuckDiddler
Pawn: Bobbie - level 172 Strider (challenger/utilitarian) She's a climber..! Send a FR if needed.
3 years ago#3
I'm hiring others. Mainly Baku's and my own. So Utilitarian doesn't matter much? I was originally thinking Mitigator/Scather. Gray has Challenger/Scather and he gets the job done. I just figured Mitigator/Utilitarian would be a nice mix-up from Challenger/Scather.
---
3 years ago#4
Well it's not like you're stuck with the inclinations, even when you want to be. I find Utilitarian more useful to magic and bow classes, as they have more options than just swing or block.

On a Fighter, just make him charge in there and do work. ;)
---
PSN: DuckDiddler
Pawn: Bobbie - level 172 Strider (challenger/utilitarian) She's a climber..! Send a FR if needed.
3 years ago#5
I just thought maybe he'd block and use the shield more to knock people down. Alright, I'll go Mitigator/Scather.
---
3 years ago#6
I'm not sure if Mitigator/Scather is a good idea, since I recall talk on this board mentioning that it makes the pawn flip-flop between attacking strong and weak foes. Perhaps you might wanna try Mitigator/Challenger? Since some weak foes use ranged attacks like enemy mages, which fits both inclinations.
---
PSN: BN_bros
3 years ago#7
Oh, right. I think I remember that now too.
---
3 years ago#8
I use Scather/Aquisitioner. So I can load him up with potions and he can heal himself.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Is Utilitarian a good 2nd Inclination for a Fighter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived