Is Utilitarian a good 2nd Inclination for a Fighter?

#1No-A-BodyPosted 10/4/2012 2:44:52 PM
If Snow ends up like my first pawn, Gray, he's not going to have much in the way of 3 star enemy knowledge. So if that's the case, should I even bother with Utilitarian, or is the 2 star knowledge, which I'm sure will mostly contain melee knowledge, be good enough to make him effective?
---
PSN ID: Gamernamicon, Pawn: Gray, The Chair Thrower 90+
Alt PSN ID: Xyloth, Pawn: Snow, The Albino Elf 17+
#2duckdiddlerPosted 10/4/2012 3:02:12 PM
I don't think it will matter. Are you hiring other pawns, or just going with a party of 2? The pawns you hire will use the tactics they've learned and end up earning him 3 stars on most of the enemy classes over time. He may hack at an armored cyclopes' leg uselessly at first, but he'll get it eventually.

Anyway, a lack of foe knowledge has never stopped me from hiring a pawn. I mean, I know what I'm doing, so all they have to do is play along.
---
PSN: DuckDiddler
Pawn: Bobbie - level 172 Strider (challenger/utilitarian) She's a climber..! Send a FR if needed.
#3No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:18:39 PM
I'm hiring others. Mainly Baku's and my own. So Utilitarian doesn't matter much? I was originally thinking Mitigator/Scather. Gray has Challenger/Scather and he gets the job done. I just figured Mitigator/Utilitarian would be a nice mix-up from Challenger/Scather.
---
#4duckdiddlerPosted 10/4/2012 3:27:19 PM
Well it's not like you're stuck with the inclinations, even when you want to be. I find Utilitarian more useful to magic and bow classes, as they have more options than just swing or block.

On a Fighter, just make him charge in there and do work. ;)
---
PSN: DuckDiddler
Pawn: Bobbie - level 172 Strider (challenger/utilitarian) She's a climber..! Send a FR if needed.
#5No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:40:43 PM
I just thought maybe he'd block and use the shield more to knock people down. Alright, I'll go Mitigator/Scather.
---
#6drag10Posted 10/4/2012 6:48:08 PM
I'm not sure if Mitigator/Scather is a good idea, since I recall talk on this board mentioning that it makes the pawn flip-flop between attacking strong and weak foes. Perhaps you might wanna try Mitigator/Challenger? Since some weak foes use ranged attacks like enemy mages, which fits both inclinations.
---
PSN: BN_bros
#7No-A-Body(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:46:09 PM
Oh, right. I think I remember that now too.
---
#8LumirendPosted 10/4/2012 8:13:37 PM
I use Scather/Aquisitioner. So I can load him up with potions and he can heal himself.