If you are level 110+, Brandt can earn you 1,464,845 XP per Ur Dragon slain

#1AsgardPosted 11/25/2012 2:08:35 AM(edited)
Having been caught impersonating the Duke, Brandt is now on the run:

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh532/Asgard42/DragonsDogmaScreenshot_Brandt35.jpg

( PSN: Asgard216 )

Fortunately, with the highly useful Bezel Crown longbow which can multiply xp earned from kills by x5, Brandt can hopefully remain out of sight, aiding Arisen within the safety of the Everfall, fighting Deathless Elder Dragon Gods until this thing blows over.

Brandt was raised as a Warrior, and is strong enough to get a killing shot on the Ur Dragon even at level 90. As xp earned is heavily influenced by the levels of your pawns relative to the level of your Arisen, this means that it is possible for an Arisen of above level 90 to get an increased base xp figure while Brandt is in the party, which will be multiplied by x5 any time the killing blow is dealt by a shot from his Bezel Crown. The increased xp rate caps out once an Arisen is 20 or more levels above the pawn (level 110 or higher in Brandt's case).

-The following will assume that you are fighting the OFFLINE Ur Dragon, which is the fastest way in the game to gain xp-

For any Arisen of level 110 or higher, these are the xp figures that will be earned for killing an Ur Dragon:

Ur Dragon base xp:
150,000 (or 750,000 if slain with Bezel Crown)

Ur Dragon xp for 2 pawns of equal level and 1 pawn either removed from the party, or 20+ levels below the Arisen:
150000 / 0.80 = 187,500 (or 937,500 if slain with Bezel Crown)

Ur Dragon xp for 1 pawn of equal level and 2 pawns either removed from the party, or 20+ levels below the Arisen:
150000 / ( 0.80 * 0.80 ) = 234,375 (or 1,171,875 if slain with Bezel Crown)

Ur Dragon xp for main pawn removed and 2 support pawns either removed from the party, or 20+ levels below the Arisen:
150000 / ( 0.80^3 ) = 292,969 (or 1,464,845 if slain with Bezel Crown)

To get this optimal rate, you'll need to first hire Brandt (and another sufficiently low-level pawn, should you so choose) while your main pawn is in your party, as you cannot recruit otherwise. Then you must do the unthinkable to your beloved pawn :(
I wish we could just give them the day off. Once your level is higher than your main pawn, the pawn will gain astronomical amounts of xp, catching up to you very quickly, so leaving your pawn behind isn't generally a big problem.

The x5 Multiplier only applies if the final blow is dealt by the Bezel Crown, so everything possible should be done to make sure this happens. If you do bring another support pawn, be prepared to make sure they do not finish off the Ur Dragon themselves. Most importantly, BE CAREFUL WHICH HEART YOU LEAVE FOR LAST! If it's near the ground, a perfectly good Bezel Ranger may decide to just melee the thing. If the final heart is on a wing... well, you're likely screwed if this happens :(
Pawns do not act sensibly when the final heart is on a wing. Don't leave a wing heart for last! I recommend leaving the hearts on the Ur Dragon's head for last, every time.

You can remove a pawn's weapons to disable their offense when the Ur Dragon is getting into the critical stage. This also applies to Brandt's daggers if he seems to be over-emphasizing them. Just be aware that an unarmed pawn may attempt, and occasionally even succeed, in tearing the Ur Dragon to pieces with their bare hands O_o

Due to the Bezel Crown, Brandt will use up stamina very quickly, and should therefore be loaded up with stamina curatives like large mushrooms.
---
PSN: Manfrinjinsindin, Pawn: Iristrielle - Mage 200 - http://i.imgur.com/8IbZs.jpg
Alt PSN: Asgard216, Pawn: Brandt - Ranger 90 - http://i.imgur.com/3zqFs.jpg
#2densetsu_xPosted 11/25/2012 1:35:31 AM
You know that picture is such an obvious set up for the obvious question... how does Brandt get his hair to retain such a rich body and form?

(Yeah, I've already seen it in the wild on several pawns and knew who had it so, not even going to otherwise ask.)
#3Asgard(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:42:40 AM(edited)
In fact, I asked Brandt that exact question, but apparently the inquiry falls within one of the speech brackets I set to Reticent, so the mystery of his perfect hair goes on.
---
PSN: Manfrinjinsindin, Pawn: Iristrielle - Mage 200 - http://i.imgur.com/8IbZs.jpg
Alt PSN: Asgard216, Pawn: Brandt - Ranger 90 - http://i.imgur.com/3zqFs.jpg
#4Angeloliveira18Posted 11/25/2012 4:39:15 AM
nice info ;-)

and that's why I've always used pawns 20 to 30 levels below me for that exact reason,after level 100 the gap could reach 50 to 60 levels and that makes for a challenging game as well never liked hanging around with 200's by my side it would spoil the game to much.

and it can be a little hard to find a pawn with bezel that's below 100,so people go for it!!!
---
Artemis Level:200 Ranger Scather/Utilitarian http://imgur.com/tRSOg.jpg
PSN:Angeloliveira20
#5dicemanxxPosted 11/25/2012 5:09:14 AM
Asgard, your post immediately prompts me to ask an important question:

How do you bold the text in your posts? :)
---
Guinevere, Level 40 Bezel Crown Ranger (PSN: sello1221)
Night Queen, Level 197 Max Magic Sorcerer (PSN: terror999x)
#6nhankins7Posted 11/25/2012 5:20:58 AM
dicemanxx posted...

<8> marks the beginning of bold text, </8> ends it. Use B instead of 8
<1> marks the beginning of italic text, </1> ends it. Use I instead of 1
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade - Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/bj5jh.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Fighter
#7densetsu_xPosted 11/25/2012 5:22:13 AM
nhankins7 posted...
dicemanxx posted...

<8> marks the beginning of bold text, </8> ends it. Use B instead of 8
<1> marks the beginning of italic text, </1> ends it. Use I instead of 1

aka, the standard HTML code... plus I see what you did there...
#8manaburn876Posted 11/25/2012 8:20:12 AM
Here's a question that has nothing to do with hair or bold text if I used a pilgrim's talisman would that stack with bezel crown killings and give me a whopping 2,929,620 exp?
---
"That's not Selen. That's Ms Cleavage." Zyrax2301
PSN: thebiueninja/Fortenbras_DOOM Gamertag: the biue ninja
#9densetsu_xPosted 11/25/2012 8:21:11 AM
manaburn876 posted...
Here's a question that has nothing to do with hair or bold text if I used a pilgrim's talisman would that stack with bezel crown killings and give me a whopping 2,929,620 exp?

No. XP Bonus modifiers do not stack. Only the largest one is used so x5 if the Bezel killed it, x2 if the pilgrim's talisman is active otherwise.
#10manaburn876Posted 11/25/2012 8:28:41 AM
densetsu_x posted...
manaburn876 posted...

No. XP Bonus modifiers do not stack. Only the largest one is used so x5 if the Bezel killed it, x2 if the pilgrim's talisman is active otherwise.

That makes me a sad panda :,(
---
"That's not Selen. That's Ms Cleavage." Zyrax2301
PSN: thebiueninja/Fortenbras_DOOM Gamertag: the biue ninja