Speedrun Information

#1mustain2121Posted 12/4/2012 7:07:33 PM(edited)
+You cannot save your progress while on speedrun, so you have to end it in one shot.

+All your inventory from your main game are available during speedrun, so you can use your money, ferrystones, portcrystals, Ur reward gear, everything. You also retain all your stats as does your pawn.

+Important: you do NOT have access to other people's pawns. In fact, the whole online community related pawn options are inaccessible during speedrun.

+There's a counter on the side of the screen that only resumes while you have control of the character, so time during cutscenes doesn't count. The counter also stops when you're in the rift so you can take your time picking the right pawn.

+The difficulty is on normal and cannot be switched.

+Pausing the game pauses the timer (unlike RE4 speedruns)

+Make sure you turn off tutorials because they're all over speedrun and can get pretty annoying at the beginning.

Feel welcome to post other things you discover for everyone to see.

I'll post more stuff later.
---
PSN: mustain21
#2ZeroJinKuiPosted 12/4/2012 7:17:45 PM(edited)
+Important: you do NOT have access to other people's pawns. In fact, the whole online community related pawn options are inaccessible during speedrun.

+The counter also stops when you're in the rift so you can take your time picking the right pawn.

...i sense a contradiction.

the whole point of going into the rift is to rent other people's pawns... but you said its impossible to do so.

so, which is it... can we rent other people's pawns or not?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#3mustain2121(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 7:26:40 PM
ZeroJinKui posted...

+The counter also stops when you're in the rift so you can take your time picking the right pawn.

the whole point of going into the rift is to rent other people's pawns... but you said its impossible to do so.

The rift is packed with pre-rendered pawns, not created by people. I guess they're developer created pawns. You can hire those, but not pawns by other users, so no online pawn community.
---
#4LoneFox177Posted 12/4/2012 7:52:34 PM
So if you die you have to start over again? No thanks.
#5flik101Posted 12/4/2012 8:02:34 PM
mustain2121 posted...
ZeroJinKui posted...

The rift is packed with pre-rendered pawns, not created by people. I guess they're developer created pawns. You can hire those, but not pawns by other users, so no online pawn community.

special pawns usually are useless. They'll just get in my way. I'd rather have my main pawn alone.
---
PSN: flik_101 (http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/flik101/)
Pawn: Lady Scatha (Lvl oo Sorcerer: Scather/Utilitarian) [Rank:3rd] Top Ranked Sorcerer
#6OhhSnapPosted 12/4/2012 8:08:58 PM
Question; Do you get anything for completing a speedrun?
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#7nhankins7Posted 12/4/2012 8:14:51 PM
OhhSnap posted...

If you complete it quickly enough you will get Selene's Outfit, and Barnaby's Outfit. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know what time you need to get to qualify for the rewards.
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade - Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/bj5jh.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Fighter
#8Shadow ReaverPosted 12/5/2012 12:29:14 AM
nhankins7 posted...
OhhSnap posted...

If you complete it quickly enough you will get Selene's Outfit, and Barnaby's Outfit. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know what time you need to get to qualify for the rewards.

i was at the Trice at 1hr and i forgot to carry the "soft" items and got stoned. i was so close.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#9flik101Posted 12/5/2012 2:09:48 AM
Does the timer stop when you go to your inn storage or buy consumables?
---
PSN: flik_101 (http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/flik101/)
Pawn: Lady Scatha (Lvl oo Sorcerer: Scather/Utilitarian) [Rank:3rd] Top Ranked Sorcerer
#10mustain2121(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 2:48:58 AM
flik101 posted...
Does the timer stop when you go to your inn storage or buy consumables?

Yes. Like I said above: the time only resumes when you have control of your character, except when you're in the rift where you can move around with the timer stopped.
---