So the Ur Dragon

#1Arc166Posted 12/8/2012 9:19:15 AM
I don't get this fight at all.

How the hell do I hurt it? I tried hitting the pink spots, like I read I'm supposed to, and it did nothing. Even Arc of Prescience with the strongest greatsword I own didn't even scratch it.
I did appear to break one of these points, since it turned into a bloody patch, but its HP was the same.

How often can I fight it? I've had it randomly leave the instant it enters. Other times it stayed for awhile then left.

How do I get it down when it flies to the edge of the map? I tried shooting it, didn't move. There seem to be no siege weps too...

And lastly, is there a recommended level? Outside of not hurting it, it doesn't seem particularly hard. One-shots my pawns, takes like 3 hits for me to be near death, but it's slow and easy to dodge. I've yet to die to it.
I just can't actually hurt it. Dunno if there's some magic level where I'll suddenly do damage or something...
#2Tom344Posted 12/8/2012 9:27:56 AM
Are you fighting the online version? If so, you ARE doing damage, it just won't seem like you do. My strength is 8944 and I take off barely 0.1 of a bar every 8 minutes.
---
PSN: TomW344 - Level 200 Bezel Ranger
#3Arc166(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:29:25 AM
I think I am... it has a number on it.

And thanks! I guess once per 8 mins is the limit.

I should also probably get buff somehow. Think I got just under 2000 strength, max.
#4Tom344Posted 12/8/2012 9:33:53 AM
Arc166 posted...
I think I am... it has a number on it.

And thanks! I guess once per 8 mins is the limit.

I should also probably get buff somehow. Think I got just under 2000 strength, max.

Yeah, that's the online version. He has tonnes of hp ;P
To fight the offline version, go into options and set "Connectivity" to offline.
---
PSN: TomW344 - Level 200 Bezel Ranger
#5YshnuPosted 12/8/2012 9:34:38 AM
I take it you've already tried the offline version. If not, give him a try first. The offline version will better train you for what spots to look for and it will give you a better understanding of how to exploit those weaknesses. You will also be able to grab some dragon parts (putrid dragon scales) that are extremely useful for upgrading Ur weapons. Finally, you get 20 wakestones and a weapon for killing offline Ur.

If you already knew all this, then my apologies for stating the obvious.
---
PSN ID: XARNON - Talithakoum/lvl 200 magnanimous/bezel crown ranger.
#6SheionPosted 12/8/2012 9:38:50 AM
I killed my first ur dragon at lvl 52. Not sure what level you are but to actually kill ur dragon you have to kill all of the hearts. Don't worry about the health bar because the dragon only dies when all of the hearts are dead. You can tell where a heart is from the purple color on the body part. Once you kill a heart then it will explode and the area will go dark. You can always tell when you are hurting a heart when you see purple blood coming out. If brown blood is coming out then you are doing it wrong. The fight is divided into two eight min segments, after eight mins the dragon will fly off so you can restock on consumables (Same for online and offline). When he flies off just go rest at an inn and return and ur dragon will be at the same hp as where you left off.

I don't know what happens if you take more than 16mins because i've never taken that long. About the part when he goes and lands on a piller you have to shoot his wings with arrows or magic. When you do enough damage he will come back down to meet you in the ring. You say you are not doing damage? Make sure you have the correct aguments for increased dps such as autonomy,bloodlust, ect ect. Also you can bring 4 conq pledges or 4 magic ones and stack them. You can use 4 of them at a time and it will increase your damage, you can buy them from fournvial. Maker's Finger can kill hearts as well. And about the respawn UR-Dragon has instant respawn once you kill him and rest and zone back in you will have a new dragon.
---
---[level-200 pure assassin]--- / Forever And Always / <DD- Loli Group>
(PSN:VhexMGS)
#7flik101Posted 12/8/2012 11:25:30 AM(edited)
Sheion posted...
The fight is divided into two eight min segments, after eight mins the dragon will fly off so you can restock on consumables (Same for online and offline). When he flies off just go rest at an inn and return and ur dragon will be at the same hp as where you left off.

I don't know what happens if you take more than 16mins because i've never taken that long.

Where did you get this idea? Sorry but I have to correct this n_n

Each UR Dragon encounter lasts for 8 mins and after which he will fly. For offline UR, if you cant kill it in the first 8 minutes, he will retreat and when you come back to continue the fight, his hp will be the same when the creature left off and you will have another 8 minutes to fight him. If you still can't kill him on the 2nd round, he will fly again and you can come back and have another 8 minute round. There is no limit to this. So say each round, you only deal 1 bar of damage everytime, you have to fight him 11x as to finish him off (he has 11 heath bars).

There are instances that Ur will fly before the 8th minute. This is a result of some glitches or his body parts has been positioned outside the map, sometimes resulting half his body to be buried underground making it impossible for him to perform his attacks so the server takes a shortcut to address the problem by making the Ur Dragon retreat
---
PSN: flik_101 (http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/flik101/)
Pawn: Lady Scatha (Lvl oo Sorcerer: Scather/Utilitarian) [Rank:3rd] Top Ranked Sorcerer
#8Arc166(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 11:40:28 AM
Thanks all. I think I'll have to try again when I next change class; the fight was clearly designed for certain classes to be used, and Warrior isn't one of them.

I really don't feel like switching class again, so for now I appear to be screwed.
#9YshnuPosted 12/8/2012 12:21:49 PM
You can kill the Ur as a warrior. I've done it a couple of times and the warrior is actually pretty good. A warrior can take out the lower hearts in the chest, feet, legs and tail very quickly.

Make sure you have good stamina curatives and it helps to have Potential and Arm-Strength augments. Basically, you have to climb all over him to kill him. Since you do not have ranged attacks, you will require the help of a team of rangers, striders and or sorcerers. Obviously, the hardest part is taking out the wing hearts, but it can be done. You just have to be patient and persistent.
---
PSN ID: XARNON - Talithakoum/lvl 200 magnanimous/bezel crown ranger.
#10Arc166(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 12:27:21 PM
If I'm climbing, literally any class with a Dagger would do better.

And if I'm relying on my team to do the damage, that doesn't really speak well for the Warrior either.

Thankfully I do have plenty of curatives, on account of never needing the damned things.