#11RebelGameMasterPosted 1/9/2013 12:35:12 PM
flik101 posted...
RebelGameMaster posted...
Wtf happened to 170!?

Like what you said here:

RebelGameMaster posted...
Super squishy one!!!

Be careful what you wish for ;)

I DID say that, and even thought,"Imagine of someone quotes me on that." And you did! Good job... But I feel stupid for not killing that one.
---
The greatest reaction a successful troll can get is have his/her message moderated.
#12gegethegreat9Posted 1/9/2013 2:48:51 PM
8,1. This one made a stop and flew away a minute alternative.
#13IFDragonPosted 1/9/2013 2:49:16 PM
wow xbox gen 173 died at 11pm EST last night watch a friend get the killing blow just now at about 4:40pm EST
---
PSN:ajmort696
ALT:TheRandomEvent
#14flik101Posted 1/9/2013 5:13:54 PM
IFDragon posted...
wow xbox gen 173 died at 11pm EST last night watch a friend get the killing blow just now at about 4:40pm EST

No surprise there.. Xbox have Ur kills everyday, may it be Super Squishy or Super Tank. Doesn't matter. <shrugs>
---
PSN: flik_101 (http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p614/flik101/)
Pawn: Lady Scatha (Lvl oo Sorcerer: Scather/Utilitarian) [Rank:3rd] Top Ranked Sorcerer
#15PierceLeePosted 1/9/2013 6:28:19 PM
flik101 posted...
IFDragon posted...

No surprise there.. Xbox have Ur kills everyday, may it be Super Squishy or Super Tank. Doesn't matter. <shrugs>

Wait, am I reading that correctly... xbox gen 173 died at 11pm at night (start of GP), his friend got that kill at 4:40pm the next day afternoon (still not end of GP), that's a 17+ hrs GP?!!!
---
Dragon's Dogma gallery: http://imgur.com/a/72J6R
#16IFDragonPosted 1/9/2013 6:36:01 PM
PierceLee posted...
flik101 posted...
IFDragon posted...

Wait, am I reading that correctly... xbox gen 173 died at 11pm at night (start of GP), his friend got that kill at 4:40pm the next day afternoon (still not end of GP), that's a 17+ hrs GP?!!!

my bad ment to say my friend got the killing blow to start gen 174's grace
---
PSN:ajmort696
ALT:TheRandomEvent
#17PierceLeePosted 1/9/2013 8:00:45 PM
Apologies for upcoming wall of text attack, but I think we need to talk about what happened to gen 170.

- One person reported "super squishy", 60% of votes said squish... not sure based on actually fighting him or just from the rate of hp decline
- After the first 8 hrs, he was 10.2, kinda normal for a tank
- At the 10 hrs mark, we started to see low 9.x, the rate increasing
- At 12 hrs (~11AM Japan), he dropped to 6.x (3 bars in 2 hrs)
- At 15 hrs (~2PM Japan), 1.x (5 bars in 3 hrs)
- At 17 hrs (~4PM Japan), sightings of as low as 0.3. Immediately after that, many of us were getting 3.x (though there's still reports of 1.x)
- At 18 hrs (~5:40PM Japan), start of GP
- Another 1.5 hrs, end of GP

There are a few curious things about the 170 experience, let's get one out of the way first:

(A) GP was extra long, about 1.5hrs. Personally I don't think this was abnormal. From my observation, GP is still a community effort, his rate of hp decline during GP is based on number of players fighting him and the consolidated damages (when one GBs, damages dealt are still uploaded).
- If the Ur is tankish, GP is longer
- If there are less players fighting him, GP is longer
Since it was a 'slow' time of the day (Japan and Asia coming to end of working hours, US still sleeping, Europe starting work), I am not surprised at the 1.5 hrs. (Will address the tank/squishy factor later.)

Next, a general observation, not just from that gen:

(B) When I reported GP, I rolled one with less than 0.05 and only 2 hearts (on front left leg, no bottom of foot). On hindsight, that's probably regular time, not GP. I only went in to check, totally unprepared. So I GB'ed (on hindsight, major facepalm) and, from then on, it's xmas tree Ur with a dozen hearts. Gen 169 was a xmas tree too. (Sadly I missed that kill cos I was too stubborn, fought on for too long when I should have GB. Hate tail and wing hearts.) This goes back tens of gens. It's quite clear that the placement of hearts in GP often has nothing to do with his heart condition in regular time going into GP.

We have players who zoom in on the tail/back/wing during regular time with the hope that those will not become a factor in GP. That's good intention (taking out the wings does help cos he can't fly around during regular time), but often that's just wishful thinking. There are still times when the heart status continued into GP though, which I think should be the normal scenario. My guess is, sometimes (1/3? 1/2?), Capcom monkeys with the heart status in GP, for the sake of challenge, drama and creativity.

Here's the fishy part about gen 170:

(C) Ok, so he was supposed to be super squishy, yet it was one of the toughest GP I ever fought. The huge number of hearts was certainly a major factor but regardless he was a tank during GP. I did not fight him during regular time but based on the GP, I cannot imagine him being anything but a 3-day tank at least. (Those who fought him during regular time, can you comment on his squishiness?)

It seems to me the group was hacking at him again. He's not supposed to be squishy, his hp only dropped quickly (after the first 8 hrs of steady decline) due to hacking. That could also explain why we saw a rebound to 3.x, cos there were still servers with much higher, unhacked, hp. (An alternate theory would be he was actually squishy but Capcom was toying with his hp, purposely increasing it near the end to give the Japanese players a chance to get home and get the kill.)
---
Dragon's Dogma gallery: http://imgur.com/a/72J6R
#18nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:04:16 PM
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade - Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/bj5jh.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Fighter
#19flik101Posted 1/9/2013 9:15:04 PM
IFDragon posted...
PierceLee posted...
flik101 posted...
IFDragon posted...

my bad ment to say my friend got the killing blow to start gen 174's grace

yeah.. I knew what you meant since I'm also checking Xbox Ur's board =)
---
Pawn: Lady Scatha (Lvl oo Sorcerer: Scather/Utilitarian) [Rank:3rd] Top Ranked Sorcerer
#20flik101Posted 1/9/2013 9:29:18 PM
@PierceLee: I fought 170 4x and my full strength assassin (with strength boosting equipment) + boosters only dished out a maximum of 0.2-0.25 damage at maximum. My assessment on 170 was he was a normal Ur. As for the decline, it's quite rapid. The decline did not happen in prime time. And guess what, 168 died at around 3PM Japan. 170 died at around 5PM Japan. They are close. It could be that during these times, these clowns (assuming they exist) are hacking Ur. This point is kinda moot for now, but we'll see if we will have the same trend in the future.
---