Ur Dragon Gen 171

#171FFchampionPosted 1/12/2013 11:39:27 PM
The Chow posted...
I'm sort of new to Ur-Dragon.

I've been at him for a while with multiple life bars for this current Generation. Three attempts ago, he was a 0.4 (assuming I'm understanding your terminology here), and the last three he's been at maybe 0.05 with no change. Each time, he had a different assortment of Hearts across his body. At the rate he was going down with the online damage, he should've been dead so long ago. What's going on here?

Each heart still needs a really good beating. What're your stats?
---
CitizenX2 Belial----Bodhum server
LoL ign: citizenx0
#172The ChowPosted 1/12/2013 11:50:28 PM(edited)
I guess this is the "Grace Period" that the wiki is talking about?

Level 98 Assassin. I'm going at it solo with the Assassin nighttime augments. I am managing to destroy the Hearts, though the Right Shoulder and the Tail ones are pissing me off. XD I had one time where there was a single one on his back, but I didn't really know the mechanics at that point. Actually, I'm just assuming at the moment that during the Grace Period, I have to destroy all the available Hearts and it'll count for me?

EDIT: Sigh, after that first time he was at 0.05 health with only one Heart on his back, he's always showing up with the same tail, right shoulder, and left shoulder Hearts. Is that normal? Also, how long is this Grace Period?
---
"I dreamt that I was a 'Genie-Firefighter'! I fought fires and granted wishes!"
#173nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 11:59:41 PM(edited)
The Chow posted...
I guess this is the "Grace Period" that the wiki is talking about?

Level 98 Assassin. I'm going at it solo with the Assassin nighttime augments. I am managing to destroy the Hearts, though the Right Shoulder and the Tail ones are pissing me off. XD I had one time where there was a single one on his back, but I didn't really know the mechanics at that point. Actually, I'm just assuming at the moment that during the Grace Period, I have to destroy all the available Hearts and it'll count for me?

EDIT: Sigh, after that first time he was at 0.05 health with only one Heart on his back, he's always showing up with the same tail, right shoulder, and left shoulder Hearts. Is that normal? Also, how long is this Grace Period?

Once he is in grace period, you need to destroy all lit hearts before he flies away. That will get you your kill.

Grace is usually 30 min or so, but we've had some longer ones recently.

Edit - right now, I still see the dead dragon, so it should still be GP
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade - Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/bj5jh.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Fighter
#174IFDragonPosted 1/13/2013 12:02:07 AM
omg that fight took over 8 minutes (he started flying off but ended up getting stuck and landing again) he just wouldnt die but i finally got him had a tough time even with blast arrows and 10 fold
---
PSN:ajmort696 Pawn:Rachel lvl200 sorc
ALT:TheRandomEvent Pawn: Eagle lv115 ranger(temporary bezel ranger till lv200)
#175The ChowPosted 1/13/2013 12:23:59 AM(edited)
Man, that right shoulder and tail was really annoying, but I got them. It's a sliver of health now. I think my last Heart seems to be on his palm or something. Yikes.

EDIT: ugh, is each attempt supposed to reset your progress? Still in Grace Period lol.

Are the Hearts at this point supposed to respawn? Are they random? I keep on getting the right shoulder and the tip of the tail. If that's the case, why did I get the relatively easier-to-stay-on left shoulder and back earlier but not any more?
---
#176AardicusPosted 1/13/2013 12:26:47 AM
I may have exclaimed easy GP a bit prematurely =) It was easy enough on my Sorcerer cause the heart on tail wasn't an issue. It was a major pain on my Alt. account as a MK. He would keep spinning and swatting me... sigh. I did finally get it but took like 3 tries.
---
PSN:Aardicus -Pawn:Lady Z?(lvl200 Strider)-usually...
PSN:Indifaery -Pawn:Lady Ireland(lvl200 Sorceress)-wifey's acc.
#177AardicusPosted 1/13/2013 12:36:19 AM
The Chow posted...
Man, that right shoulder and tail was really annoying, but I got them. It's a sliver of health now. I think my last Heart seems to be on his palm or something. Yikes.

EDIT: ugh, is each attempt supposed to reset your progress? Still in Grace Period lol.

Are the Hearts at this point supposed to respawn? Are they random? I keep on getting the right shoulder and the tip of the tail. If that's the case, why did I get the relatively easier-to-stay-on left shoulder and back earlier but not any more?

Yes, he resets each time unless you happen to get lucky at the end of a GP and get a 'Soft' GP where he has all hearts, but is super squishy. I actually have seen this mythical creature of of the Soft GP UR-Dragon and he died in about a minute as it seems you simply have to hit the heart(s) for them to burst.
---
PSN:Aardicus -Pawn:Lady Z?(lvl200 Strider)-usually...
PSN:Indifaery -Pawn:Lady Ireland(lvl200 Sorceress)-wifey's acc.
#178The ChowPosted 1/13/2013 12:45:46 AM(edited)
I'm probably on my eighth GP try now (I hate how many good items I'm using). I'm getting swatted a lot. I managed to get the right shoulder and tail destroyed again, but there's still a small bit of health... somewhere. >< I can't see where this last heart is. It's not on his palm any more like I saw way back a few tries ago.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I guess it should be good to ask... what should my stats be in terms of doing "decent" damage? I took a look and my Physical Attack with my night/solo augments is around 3200-ish. Should I level? I'm pretty close to 100, so levelling isn't going to be as efficient for stat-gaining as it was.

---
#179icancontributePosted 1/13/2013 12:41:21 AM
I went numerous rounds with Gen 171 earlier. When it was first announced GP grace period, i went in to face dragon again. I looked at the clock and it was 11 pm Pacific Time.

I went several rounds with the Dragon during grace period, each time i was unable to kill all 3 hearts. Right now it's 12:36am Pacific Time (1 hour and 36mins later) and the grace period is still going on. The dragon just flew in.

As the user below notes, each time the dragon returns all the hearts that i've killed have returned, fresh. So each time i kill 2 of the 3 hearts (the left shoulder, and the head) and it gets away before i can kill the heart on the tail

The Chow posted...

If someone manages to kill this Ur Dragon with a Magick Archer please post your stats, what is your base magik and strength? What are your augments?
---
I support Hideaki Itsuno!!
#180IFDragonPosted 1/13/2013 12:41:32 AM
The Chow posted...
I'm probably on my eighth GP try now (I hate how many good items I'm using). I'm getting swatted a lot. I managed to get the right shoulder and tail destroyed again, but there's still a small bit of health... somewhere. >< I can't see where this last heart is. It's not on his palm any more like I saw way back a few tries ago.

the one i kept getting was eyes shoulder tail
---
PSN:ajmort696 Pawn:Rachel lvl200 sorc
ALT:TheRandomEvent Pawn: Eagle lv200 rust ranger