I've had enough - it is time to call out some cheaters

#71FalthinPosted 1/29/2013 4:15:40 PM
@Angeloliveira18

Actually I've just discovered I may be rocked, so better reserve Lindaluv a df ring after all.

sorry.
---
PSN Durzo54Blint - DD pawn Catti-Brie Strider
PSN V1r1d1ana - DD pawn Snowflake Sorceror
#72Angeloliveira18Posted 1/29/2013 4:27:38 PM
Falthin posted...
@Angeloliveira18

Actually I've just discovered I may be rocked, so better reserve Lindaluv a df ring after all.

sorry.

ah ah no problem,rocked lasts 48h right?
---
Artemis Level:200 Ranger Utilitarian/Scather
PSN:Angeloliveira20 http://imgur.com/8Fz3j.jpg
#73Tom344Posted 1/29/2013 4:38:34 PM
Drksrs161 posted...
You do realize you're condisending yourself by posting here and you're no better by telling the board to split dice
1. Don't you look dumb
2. Look at you

If that was a reference to Major Paine, I have no choice but to correct 1 to - Don't you feel dumb. Sorry xD

Anyway on this subject, I'm not siding with anyone. There's two sides to every story and I haven't seen Flik defend himself, but either way. I don't even know where I stand on this. If what you said is indeed true, if they have found an exploit or such to modify their save file.. Honestly, I can't see it being much different than the Rift Store. That store exists because of Item Duplication, which in itself is an exploit. But I can see why you do it at the same time because the ranking system isn't really fair and doesn't give you a chance.. Uhh..

I really don't know.:/
---
PSN: TomW344 - Level 200 PURE STR Strider
#74FalthinPosted 1/29/2013 4:50:15 PM
Angeloliveira18 posted...
Falthin posted...
@Angeloliveira18

sorry.

It can vary, if my account really is rocked and there hasn't been a server error then I last reloaded a back up save and rested about 4 or 5 days ago, which would be a record rocking period.
---
PSN Durzo54Blint - DD pawn Catti-Brie Strider
PSN V1r1d1ana - DD pawn Snowflake Sorceror
#75Angeloliveira18Posted 1/29/2013 4:56:10 PM
Falthin posted...
Angeloliveira18 posted...
Falthin posted...
@Angeloliveira18

sorry.

It can vary, if my account really is rocked and there hasn't been a server error then I last reloaded a back up save and rested about 4 or 5 days ago, which would be a record rocking period.

I never got rocked more than 2 days,but what do I know I only did that twice!
---
Artemis Level:200 Ranger Utilitarian/Scather
PSN:Angeloliveira20 http://imgur.com/8Fz3j.jpg
#76TwizzlerstxPosted 1/29/2013 5:22:35 PM
nhankins7 posted...
@Twizzlerstx - Dice wouldn't have to resort to hacking to replenish his store. If you have multiple accounts, you can duplicate all the equipment you want by doing the following.

1. backup account 1
2. send equipment from account 1 to account 2.
3. receive equipment on account 2.
4. restore account 1 from your backup save.

It's pretty easy.

So abusing the ability to backup saves in order to duplicate items isn't cheating? I'm glad we cleared that up. The point is people assume he spends all waking hours of the day farming equipment in the Everfall and etc. so that, in his guise of generosity, he can give away what people think he got through hard work, when in fact all he does is cheat and duplicate the item infinitely. Duplicating is as much cheating as using a program to alter your save, one just requires less work than the other. Like i said, no cheater has the right to complain when someone else out cheats him. I appreciate the fact it makes getting rare items easier for people but i don't think its right that people stand up for him solely because they assume he is as innocent as a new born babe and that he works soooo hard for the items he gives them.
---
PSN: Twizzlerstx
Pawn: Asala
#77nhankins7Posted 1/29/2013 5:34:23 PM
Twizzlerstx posted...
nhankins7 posted...
@Twizzlerstx - Dice wouldn't have to resort to hacking to replenish his store. If you have multiple accounts, you can duplicate all the equipment you want by doing the following.

1. backup account 1
2. send equipment from account 1 to account 2.
3. receive equipment on account 2.
4. restore account 1 from your backup save.

It's pretty easy.

So abusing the ability to backup saves in order to duplicate items isn't cheating? I'm glad we cleared that up. The point is people assume he spends all waking hours of the day farming equipment in the Everfall and etc. so that, in his guise of generosity, he can give away what people think he got through hard work, when in fact all he does is cheat and duplicate the item infinitely. Duplicating is as much cheating as using a program to alter your save, one just requires less work than the other. Like i said, no cheater has the right to complain when someone else out cheats him. I appreciate the fact it makes getting rare items easier for people but i don't think its right that people stand up for him solely because they assume he is as innocent as a new born babe and that he works soooo hard for the items he gives them.

I said it wasn't hacking. I didn't say anything about it being cheating or not. If it is cheating, then a LOT of the board members are cheaters.
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade -Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/wLJEPtz.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Fighter
#78joseargaoPosted 1/29/2013 5:35:02 PM
Twizzlerstx posted...
So abusing the ability to backup saves in order to duplicate items isn't cheating? I'm glad we cleared that up.

I don't consider that cheating at all. As long as you can do it with an internet-connected PS3 and a copy of the game it's cool. The game even recognizes the tactic by putting a cost on it (rocking your account for some time). This is a cost that Dice has paid many times over.

It's only cheating if you need to manipulate your save file directly by using a hex editor or something similar. Alternatively, an easy rule of thumb is that you may consider yourself to be cheating if you feel that you need to hide or conceal your methods. Dice has never felt the need to hide the fact that he uses backup saves to run his store.
#79KelayrPosted 1/29/2013 5:40:11 PM
Twizzlerstx posted...

dice doesn't hide the fact that he reloads his backup saves whenever his stocks are running low - if you looked through his thread, you'd know that. Doubt anyone thinks he spends every bit of his free time farming for all the gear he gives out either; I'd like to think most, if not all, on this board have a life outside of DD.
#80Baku00Posted 1/29/2013 5:47:05 PM(edited)
Like i said around page three, this is basically a way for him to stroke his own ego about being in the top ten. he claims they are cheating & yet what is he doing? he is not innocent in anyway either, since he is duping items ect then he is exploiting the system to get himself to #1 as well, so he can't really talk like he's innocent.
---
Bound In Blood