My thoughts on the Rift Store (adjunct thread to the call out thread)

#71gmoshierPosted 2/1/2013 12:35:29 PM
TruSkooled posted...
TC, you have to realize you are doing yourself more bad than good making public posts like this.

^This. I already mentioned this statement in your other post. I really found it perplexing as to why you were posting this stuff in the gamefaqs forum to begin with? I did not enjoy reading your threads because of your constant complaining and whining. Now you have the possibility of getting modded. Your passion for the #1 spot turned into an obsession. There are more important things to life than to constantly worry about the rankings in a video game.
---
I am currently playing ME 2 & DMC. RER is coming to the PS3!
http://s1293.beta.photobucket.com/user/gmoshier/library/Natasha
#72dicemanxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:37:41 PM
mscouto posted...

I don't care about my pawn, yours , violet ... I don't care about Capcom , but I do care about this community .

Fair enough, but I think that entails also caring about the interests that others have and what is important to them.

That hollow feeling that you had when you did the grind and broke top 100 - since you read what I wrote, then you know that I also initially held it in disdain. However, I adapted by adopting a completely new perspective on the ranking system because I then knew it was completely flawed and didn't do what it was intended to do. Pursuing rank became simply a challenge, a two man race to the top. And it was pretty exciting actually.

It was "cheating" but only in the sense that it went against the intent of the ranking system. But since the actual rankings do NOT reflect or fulfill the original intentions of the designers, what do you say to that?
---
Celeste, Level 200 Strider, Ranked #5 (PSN: Sellomar)
Arianne, Level 200 Ranger, Ranked #1 (PSN: dice1221)
#73dicemanxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:47:18 PM(edited)
lindaluv posted...

hindrance? Why was it a hindrance? I was just pointing out that it should BEEN you, it was your problem, but you made it EVERYONE'S problem.. knowing full well they would comply since you fed em so much with the store, pretty much like this thread.. its a problem that concerns you and a few others.. keep it between them.

We did keep it between ourselves. Those that helped had an interest in removing the hacker. You didn't, and yet you insisted on interfering with the process in that Mia Rose thread.

I'm at a loss what you're trying to argue.

gmoshier posted...
I really found it perplexing as to why you were posting this stuff in the gamefaqs forum to begin with? I did not enjoy reading your threads because of your constant complaining and whining.

Can you please direct me to the threads that featured my "constant complaining and whining"?

I started one thread calling attention to rank hacking and the fact that one person was essentially laying ruin to the contests I was running, and I left that thread alone. I made this thread to present certain arguments about a tangental topic because I was interested in the arguments for and against the Rift Store and grinding for hires in general - there is no whining or complaining here.

---
#74haexpanePosted 2/1/2013 12:41:24 PM
I "bought" 1 item off the rift store. Couple of days later, I got an online URD grace period and the same item dropped.

I was no less excited about the OURD kill.

What was much more exciting, was getting a drop that you can't get from the rift store (hybrid class)

So yes, finding items on your own is exciting. But the rift store also made me appreciate the community even more.
#75lindaluvPosted 2/1/2013 12:46:35 PM
dicemanxx posted...
mscouto posted...

I don't care about my pawn, yours , violet ... I don't care about Capcom , but I do care about this community .

Fair enough, but I think that entails also caring about the interests that others have and what is important to them.

That hollow feeling that you had when you did the grind and broke top 100 - since you read what I wrote, then you know that I also initially held it in disdain. However, I adapted by adopting a completely new perspective on the ranking system because I then knew it was completely flawed and didn't do what it was intended to do. Pursuing rank became simply a challenge, a two man race to the top. And it was pretty exciting actually.

It was "cheating" but only in the sense that it went against the intent of the ranking system. But since the actual rankings do NOT reflect or fulfill the original intentions of the designers, what do you say to that?

How is using the system to your advantage .. "cheating". Crapcom implemented a ranking system based on "hires".. they also implemented a pawn sharing and pawn gifting system.. all within the scope of the game. All you did was use these systems to your advantage. Thats like saying that pple who grind off-line Ur with a Bezel Crown are cheaters for repeatedly killing him for massive exp. Crapcom also gave a small punishment for restoring saves... if they really wanted too, they could have made it so that wasent possible.. or made it so that you were perma rocked out from gifting.. but they didnt. And please do not speak of "intent" of the ranking system.. non of us worked at crapcom, or were the makers of the ranking system. All we know is that the ranking system is based on hires, how you acquire those hires within the limitations of the game is ok. Anything outside the game is when it becomes cheating.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 200 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#76dicemanxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:52:10 PM
Lindaluv, that was actually...well said. You`re not an easy dude to figure out sometimes.

(that`s why I use `cheating` in quotes when referring to the grinds, and why I use the unquoted word cheating when I refer to rank hacking)
---