PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv 200] http://i.imgur.com/iI742.jpg
PSN: KunXXoichi [Fighter Lv 22], PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Strider Lv 75]
#62SuperiorSlasherPosted 2/9/2013 10:26:28 AM
A 1.7 and a 1.6
---
PSN: Rodbow15
Pawn: Quinte lvl 200 Ranger "The Blue Dragon"
#63KarathraxPosted 2/9/2013 10:38:50 AM
Most of the senior Xbox online hunters are Sorcerers and/or MKs, and I'm one of them. If I take a kill on this gen, it will be my 60th; I built my main GT out of ignorance as I didn't find GF until late August and I was already far past the point of any strategic leveling. So there's all the boring background.

I play a 1/4 Sorc, 3/4 mostly MK build. I have not have any trouble whatsoever taking online kills as an MK; I have 1 as Ranger, 30 as Assassin and the latest 6 are MK. The biggest hurdle to using the vocation that suited my build best was being told repeatedly that it wasn't feasible because my stats weren't strong enough. I find that to get the best damage from your MK, range counts-- firing a GC from a distance means most of your power is eaten by that distance. I fight directly under the Ur's feet, so my higher def from the MK's leveling pays off as I am not particularly phased by incoming physical damage.

I took my first MK kill in two rounds. The rest have been single-round kills. When I want efficiency in taking down the online Ur I can always bring out my min/max assassin alt, but for pure unpredictable excitement and high level violence it's MK all the way, baby.

More to the point, damage testing with a stripped down MK proved that the magic cannon stacks both str and mag into its bolts. I am not sure where the prevalent idea that only and ONLY a magic-only build would be acceptable came from; my main GT's max damage in one blow/foe is 2.4 million, acquired during a round against the online Ur.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#64god_of_dragon_Posted 2/9/2013 10:50:57 AM
Yeah, Escalina made a very thorough test on many things on this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626515-dragons-dogma/63558875

One of the first thing that was confirmed by them is that MK's cannons are affected by Str as well.
---
PSN: CHIGE23
#65ElfergosPosted 2/9/2013 11:08:31 AM
I have about 1.4 here
#66KelayrPosted 2/9/2013 11:09:23 AM
1.4 and 1.2.
#67KarathraxPosted 2/9/2013 11:13:24 AM
Then why does everyone with an interest in MK get immediately told to build a min/max sorc for MK? I don't understannnnd.

I've tried Sorcerer-With-A-Sword, on a third alt. Because the def isn't that great, I spent too much time sidetracked in evasion rather than keeping offense going. It doesn't suit my playstyle, hahah!

Arrgh, the controller spacing! I keep belly-flopping onto Lament's ledge. :D

0.6, gentlemen. No tail, cankle still there.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#68lindaluvPosted 2/9/2013 11:15:48 AM
I had a 1.2, with the right front wrist and the back left foot bottom having hearts left, also the tail too. Dont kill him for another hour or two please.. I have to go buy some sexy Persian rugs.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 200 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#69ballinsoldier1Posted 2/9/2013 11:16:23 AM
Karathrax posted...
Then why does everyone with an interest in MK get immediately told to build a min/max sorc for MK? I don't understannnnd.

I've tried Sorcerer-With-A-Sword, on a third alt. Because the def isn't that great, I spent too much time sidetracked in evasion rather than keeping offense going. It doesn't suit my playstyle, hahah!

That one is going down soon I guess. I just got one with 1.2.
---
PSN: tdizzle00
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Jane - Fighter/Ranger(Bezel Crown when needed) - <150
#70SuperiorSlasherPosted 2/9/2013 11:33:31 AM
ballinsoldier1 posted...
Karathrax posted...

That one is going down soon I guess. I just got one with 1.2.

I hope so. Been fighting this guy since 7am
---
PSN: Rodbow15
Pawn: Quinte lvl 200 Ranger "The Blue Dragon"