Ur Dragon Gen 185

#91KarathraxPosted 2/9/2013 1:14:22 PM(edited)
I pulled an 0.03 three times, godsbaned and finally just gritted my my teeth on the fourth summons of an 0.03. That one seemed relatively resistant-- but I have only a sample of one on the PS3 to go by.

It's still in Grace? O.O
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#92nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:32:47 PM(edited)
Karathrax posted...
It's still in Grace? O.O

Probably. Our average grace has been about 2 hours recently.

ballinsoldier1 posted...
Is the only way to do it is min/max assassin these days? I'd love to play my sorc/MA or even try out MK, but this is ridiculously difficult and frustrating the way it is. I'm 125 or so...

You don't have to be a min/max assassin to kill Ur.

I do use max strength 'sin, but I don't use Autonomy or Exhilaration, so my combined strength and magic is less than 5000. I do use stacked conquerors periapts.

Any type of mixed build could achieve a higher combined damage than I have, if you use Autonomy and Exhilaration/Equanimity (plus all the other str/mag boosting augs).
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade -Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/wLJEPtz.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Fighter
#93KarathraxPosted 2/9/2013 1:28:44 PM
Heh. I am used to 45 minutes, maybe an hour tops.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#94lindaluvPosted 2/9/2013 1:45:18 PM
I keep getting the 3 heart ur, one on the tail, 2 on the front paws. AND the life just isnt budging, Ive done it 5 times now, using str peripts and nothing. Is this grace.. cuz Im in smash my controller rage mode now and its been close to 2 hours. This cant be grace.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 200 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#95AardicusPosted 2/9/2013 1:46:16 PM
Karathrax posted...
Heh. I am used to 45 minutes, maybe an hour tops.

Been this way for quite a few gens now on the PS3.

Anyway, GP had 3 hearts for me. Shoulder, foot, and tail. Didn't matter, my Sorcerer's glowing orbs of doom made short work.

Sadly alt account is too low atm since I restarted for testing purposes. lvl 38ish
---
PSN:Aardicus
#96AardicusPosted 2/9/2013 1:47:38 PM
lindaluv posted...
I keep getting the 3 heart ur, one on the tail, 2 on the front paws. AND the life just isnt budging, Ive done it 5 times now, using str peripts and nothing. Is this grace.. cuz Im in smash my controller rage mode now and its been close to 2 hours. This cant be grace.

This is GP. Won't be for much longer if it stays true to form.

Tough as nails GP that lasts about 2 hrs.
---
#97ElfergosPosted 2/9/2013 1:49:49 PM
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!! I finally nailed off the tail and the shoulder, I could barely see his life bar, he flies away, I quickly leave and come back in...... GP over >:(
#98AardicusPosted 2/9/2013 1:53:52 PM
ballinsoldier1 posted...
SuperiorSlasher posted...
And here comes the tank!

I'm about to retire. I totally fail at killing it as Sorc. Not sure if I'm just terrible or I should try another vocation. Stacking precepts, etc just isn't cutting it. Actually last I really tried I was 95 and I think I did about the same amount of damage.

Is the only way to do it is min/max assassin these days? I'd love to play my sorc/MA or even try out MK, but this is ridiculously difficult and frustrating the way it is. I'm 125 or so...

I'm having no issues as a Sorcerer, though admittedly I am lvl 200 w/ near max magic. (856of866).

Are you using the 'Leaping Focused Holy Bolts'tm of doom method?
---
#99AsgardPosted 2/9/2013 1:55:29 PM
ballinsoldier1 posted...
And here comes the tank!

I'm about to retire. I totally fail at killing it as Sorc. Not sure if I'm just terrible or I should try another vocation. Stacking precepts, etc just isn't cutting it. Actually last I really tried I was 95 and I think I did about the same amount of damage.

My Alt is a MAG optimized build. Recently I've been having her take on Ur Dragons as an Assassin but for Gen 185 I switched her back to Sorcerer. She was able to kill it, but with more difficulty than when she was an Assassin.

Assassin seems to be the easiest way to kill the Online Ur Dragon with pretty much any set of attributes. STR Assassins can do it more easily than MAG Assassins, but they'll probably have an easier time than other classes in any case.

My Sorceress was able to kill this Ur Dragon on her first attempt, but she is level 200. I wouldn't have been able to kill him on my first try with a level 125 Sorcerer.

So if you want to take him on as a Sorcerer, I definitely recommend power-leveling up to 200 (specifically in the Sorcerer class. No one else gets as much Magic).
---
PSN: Manfrinjinsindin, Pawn: Iristrielle - Mage 200 - http://i.imgur.com/8IbZs.jpg
Alt PSN: Asgard216, Pawn: Brandt - Ranger 90 - http://i.imgur.com/3zqFs.jpg
#100ballinsoldier1Posted 2/9/2013 2:01:57 PM
Aardicus posted...
ballinsoldier1 posted...
And here comes the tank!

I'm having no issues as a Sorcerer, though admittedly I am lvl 200 w/ near max magic. (856of866).

Are you using the 'Leaping Focused Holy Bolts'tm of doom method?

I'm not sure what that means, care to explain? I use holy affinity and then focus bolts with DF Talarian White. I think I walked in there with 6k Mag and I was stacking 4x precapts the whole time.

There is obviously something I'm doing wrong... He loves to cast spells that make me run out of their sigil, and when I get too close he does the "let's stomp on you or do anything to knock you down" move.

I just want to throw up my hands in frustration.
---
PSN: tdizzle00
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Jane - Fighter/Ranger(Bezel Crown when needed) - <150