So Dark Arisen is adding new things to the current vocations/classes? Well then-

#1gamer6879403333Posted 2/8/2013 12:17:47 AM
I can think of something I want changed. Warriors only have 3 moves at any time, unlike the 6 every other class has. So either they need to let you equip 6 like how mages and sorcerers only have 1 weapon but can equip skills to the secondary tree too, or they need to add a weapon to the warriors arsenal to give them 6. So... How about a crossbow? Warriors are based on Guts from Berserk (his armor and sword being in the game stand as proof), and Guts had a repeating crossbow that he was quite good at. Obviously, it needs to fire differently and have different skills then any of the bow styles in the game so it doesn't feel too similar. So either allow 6 sword skills at once, or give them a crossbow as their secondary.

I also know some things I really don't want changed. Do you think that invisibility and masterful kill will be nerfed? I hope not. Standing in the middle of Grigori's nuke attack while invisible is amazing, and being able to block the Ur-Dragon's Holy Furor with little daggers and teleporting to it and slashing it in the face as a counter is too badass for words to do justice to. The moves are brokenly strong, but I like them that way. In fact, I hope every skill in the game stays as it is and no stupid "balancing" is attempted. Nerfing is not cool.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#2BlackfoxK92Posted 2/8/2013 12:35:51 AM
I think the skills are great the way they are but i doubt the crossbow it would just to me overpower the game, cuz i'm an archer, an suck with warrior type classes. But 6 slots could work or if they keep it 3 make better skills. As for balancing the skills i mean if they don't do that then at least make the game more challenging, like either the enemies level up near xour level or they get smarter if xou start doing the same strategy. Cuz hard mode isn't really hard anymore :/
---
PSN: BlackfoxK92
Pawn: Riku over 100
#3tritiumrainPosted 2/8/2013 12:39:16 AM
I think invisibility should be scrapped altogether, it's just so stupid in this game. If you're gonna keep it at least make it so you can't attack anything while invisible.

Definitely would like to see some improvements for warriors. At least give them some kind of grappling or quick knock-down moves, if not 6 skills.
---
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv 200] http://i.imgur.com/iI742.jpg
PSN: KunXXoichi [Fighter Lv 22], PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Strider Lv 75]
#4nnytherkillerPosted 2/8/2013 3:28:59 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/65397413
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#5gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:46:00 AM
nnytherkiller posted...

Yes, I made this thread on both boards. And?... What's your point? Making it on both boards gets me more discussion and opinions and ideas to read, especially seeing as a lot of people only stick to one of the boards and might not ever see my thread if I restrict it to only one board.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#6nnytherkillerPosted 2/8/2013 4:16:49 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
nnytherkiller posted...

Yes, I made this thread on both boards. And?... What's your point? Making it on both boards gets me more discussion and opinions and ideas to read, especially seeing as a lot of people only stick to one of the boards and might not ever see my thread if I restrict it to only one board.

I wasn't making a point. I was just letting you know that you other topic had replies in case you hadn't been in there recently.
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#7gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:34:19 AM
nnytherkiller posted...
gamer6879403333 posted...
nnytherkiller posted...

I wasn't making a point. I was just letting you know that you other topic had replies in case you hadn't been in there recently.

I'm keeping an eye on both threads. I actually got into a minor argument in the 360 board version of this thread, with someone who I think might be a troll because he's to the point where he's just posting GIF images to stuff.
---
#8Orochi_LedePosted 2/8/2013 5:31:46 AM(edited)
Warriors defiantly need a boost to quicker moves and more skills, they are very strong, yes but they seriously lack in other areas. i did wonder why they only get 3 skills and every other vocation is versatile in some way..

i personaly dislike them because they are to slow and get laughed at by anything remotely agile, but they have some great augments for other meele vocations.

as for invisibility. no one ever likes to hear the word "nerf" but i'll admit it needs toning down, the fact you can just spam liquid vims and keep it up and nothing happens to you, just turns this game from easy to just plain brain dead. sure wish i could do that with sorcerer, the one vocation that could really benefit from being immune.

As for masterful kill, it's a counter only, meaning something has to hit you, and not everything can be counterd, let alone big enemies, that doesn't really need to be touched, sure which i could counter a dragon swiping at me. or a cyclopes that decides to go on a swinging spree.

and speaking of sorcerer i think it's pretty silly that no matter where you are in your cast you can just be stopped.

while casting? sure, that's fair, even when you are about to set it off, reasonble..

but the moment you swing your staff to let the spell off a nanosecond from being deployed and you can get smacked out of your spell? no..

i am interested to see what the new abilites are. assassin dosn't need anything tho.
---
"I'm sorry squeeky, it's just a game, you got to get before you get got"
#9gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:53:11 AM(edited)
Orochi_Lede posted...
As for masterful kill, it's a counter only, meaning something has to hit you, and not everything can be counterd, let alone big enemies, that doesn't really need to be touched, sure which i could counter a dragon swiping at me. or a cyclopes that decides to go on a swinging spree.

Take it from the person who discovered it, or at least made it common knowledge-

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/63209088

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn6bSpEQ18s

Masterful kill works on every physical attack in the game that isn't a grab or slamming attack like a drake body slam. It even works on certain specific spells.

Anyway, you want more durability when casting spells?
---
#10god_of_dragon_Posted 2/8/2013 9:11:39 AM(edited)
Did you know that Masterful Kill has an unlimited "counter time" after activating it, as long as you stay completely still? Try it. Go in the middle of enemies that only do physical melee attack (like wolves), activate Masterful Kill way in advance before any attacks come, and stay completely still.

What will happen is that you'll see that your character is "frozen" at the last animation frame. The Masterful Kill will stay active, and any incoming melee attack will be countered until you move. I'm sure it's a glitch, one that wasn't fixed.

Yes, couple that with all that's mentioned already, Masterfull Kill is broken as hell; Invisibility is overpowered as well. No wonder so many people use Assassin to have a power trip.
---
PSN: CHIGE23