Ur Dragon Gen 186

#41joelaxlePosted 2/10/2013 10:30:49 AM
savior9999 posted...
Finally!!!! Defeated him as a Ranger with 3 Ranger pawns all using bezel crowns.

yes yes yes! ranger-ranger-ranger-ranger!

our arrows will blot out the sun
---
PSN: Joelaxle, Jenniferlou, Ur-Chimera
Pawn: Fallon, Dahlia, Jadis http://i.imgur.com/ATWX6.jpg
#42tritiumrainPosted 2/10/2013 10:57:18 AM
nhankins7 posted...
We used to have 30 to 40 min GP, that started out hard and ended with a soft GP.

Now we are getting 2 hour grace that is hard all the way through - no soft ending.

I prefer the recent trend, it give more players a chance to get in on the kill and discourages those who are just waiting for soft GP to get an easy kill. The hardest boss in the game shouldn't be easy at any level IMO.

billida posted...
How come they changed the GP on PS3 and not (yet) on 360 ?

It might have something to do with the possibility of cheaters abusing MF to kill the Ur quickly. If that is the case then it should have happened on the 360 long ago, but perhaps Capcom has given up trying to make DD fair on the 360 because hacking is so rampant.

savior9999 posted...
Finally!!!! Defeated him as a Ranger with 3 Ranger pawns all using bezel crowns.

I killed this one as a Ranger too. DF my rusted longbow! =)
---
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv 200] http://i.imgur.com/iI742.jpg
PSN: KunXXoichi [Fighter Lv 22], PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Strider Lv 75]
#43spartiatis2Posted 2/10/2013 11:29:51 AM
This was my first time i was home and able to play till the end, but although it had no visible life bar remaining, it flew away and then i got just the common loot for participating..
Is there a strategy that i miss to deal the killing blow?

Thanks!
#44TropicalwoodPosted 2/10/2013 12:07:25 PM(edited)
spartiatis2 posted...
This was my first time i was home and able to play till the end, but although it had no visible life bar remaining, it flew away and then i got just the common loot for participating..
Is there a strategy that i miss to deal the killing blow?

Thanks!

Assassin with all the Strength boosting Augments active and Ferocity.
Stock up on some Liquid vim, Large Mushrooms, and 20 to 30 Demon/Conqueror 's Periapt.
Get a Heaven's Key and get the skills Invisibility and Hundred Kisses.
Now go to fight the Ur-dragon in GP then activate Invisibility now use a Liquid vim climb on the Ur's hearts and use 4 of each Periapts and then spam Hundred Kisses, when the items stop working use some more and repeat.
---
PSN: Tropicalwood (Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Solaire Fighter Lvl 101) http://i.imgur.com/yOA5MSQ.jpg
#45drajsmithPosted 2/10/2013 12:59:45 PM
ballinsoldier1 posted...
tritiumrain posted...
F*CK that one had almost every heart lit up. Good time to have 2 sorcerers with High Bolide =)

I fought it 3 times, no dice every time. First time the electricity went out with 2 mins left an it at 0.01 health left. Next two it flew away with no health left. The first chunk of health went by in like 2 mins but I can never get the last bit away.

I'm going sorc and standing on the rock so it's incredibly easy to knock out any hearts on the front half of his body. I just can't get to the back leg every time. Only time I can hit it is when he flies and that's just one shot and he falls back down to the ground. I try to run down and get around him but then he just destroys me and I spend most of my time running from him/getting knocked down.

Any ideas on how to get the back hearts that I'm missing? Incredibly frustrating the way I'm going and really makes me want to give up on the online version.

I have been fighting online Ur as Sorcerer for the last few and I have the same challenge (though I have managed to get the kills).
So, I have 3 possible approaches, which all have worked for me:
1) Throughout the fight, whenever he flies up and hovers in the air, hit him with a charged focused bolt and he will fall out of the sky and be unable to do anything for a good 30 seconds. Take that time to jump down and run toward his back. Once you are close enough, shoot the charged focused bolts at the tail or rear leg hearts. When he finally gets up, run back to the ridge, heal if necessary, and go back to your usual approach. When he flies up again, rinse and repeat.
2) Using the usual Sorcerer's Ridge approach, take out all the front hearts until there is no health and only rear legs and tail hearts left. Then heal up, run around to the back and keep circling him. Keep charging your focused bolt and shoot it off whenever it is full and you have an opening. Since they are "targeted", as long as you are near the back end and facing somewhat toward the Ur, you will automatically hit the hearts. It usually only takes a few hits to knock them out.
3) If all else fails, Godsbane and retry. You may get another version that has more favorable heart locations.
Hope that helps and good luck on your next one!
---
PSN: drajsmith; Pawn: Tiny Tina:Lvl oo Sorceress (quickcast)
#46nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:43:19 PM
tritiumrain posted...
nhankins7 posted...
We used to have 30 to 40 min GP, that started out hard and ended with a soft GP.

Now we are getting 2 hour grace that is hard all the way through - no soft ending.

I prefer the recent trend, it give more players a chance to get in on the kill and discourages those who are just waiting for soft GP to get an easy kill. The hardest boss in the game shouldn't be easy at any level IMO.

I also prefer the way GP has been recently, for those same reasons. Plus, the couple times I have slept through (or otherwise missed) an hour of GP, I've still been able to get a kill with the new format.
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade -Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/wLJEPtz.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Fighter