If you are level 115+, Brandt can earn you 1,464,845 XP per Ur Dragon slain

#11therapgamedudePosted 2/9/2013 6:19:22 PM
Hired. Just wished his stamina was higher but that's where mushrooms comes in.
---
PSN: Sleepinfireheart
@xxxxxx$:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#12Asgard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:34:56 PM
As long as he has Stamina Curatives, Grit enables him to recover from exhaustion quickly.

Any higher Stamina would come at a cost to his Strength. Warrior is a pawn's best source of Strength until after level 100, and until then it has rock bottom Stamina growth.
---
PSN: Manfrinjinsindin, Pawn: Iristrielle - Mage 200 - http://i.imgur.com/8IbZs.jpg
Alt PSN: Asgard216, Pawn: Brandt - Ranger 90 - http://i.imgur.com/3zqFs.jpg
#13therapgamedudePosted 2/9/2013 6:49:26 PM
I tested it, great pawn indeed! Good outfit. Would be funnier if there is one wearing jester outfit.
---
PSN: Sleepinfireheart
@xxxxxx$:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#14lindaluvPosted 2/9/2013 8:00:50 PM
Bump Cuz Brandt just broke top 100 and cuz he kicks all kinds of Ur arse! Well Done you sexy Duke garb thief!
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 200 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#15GreatKazooManPosted 2/9/2013 9:57:46 PM
Hate to be a party pooper, but when I used him, all he wanted to do was use his daggers. This happened 95% of the time, and so I sent him back and went on to do it all myself slowly with Autonomy and killing mostly the Sulfur Saurians in Deos Hills and other big EXP monsters (Chimera and Golems are the best for this). The Bezel Crown is super slow at killing enemies if you don't use Large Mushrooms, but I got 5x EXP every time instead of Brandt not using it for the kill.

I don't know if my Pawn had anything to do with his behaviour, but he didn't perform like I'd have hoped, but to those who can get him to work out for you, then I'm happy you did. I'll just have to take it slowly (I tried the offline Ur again and died three times in a row, so I will NEVER try to fight him again...he sucks).......or I do! :P

Sorry to be contrary, but it just happened this way for me.
---
PSN: Souji_Monaru
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: MegurineLuka (formerly Cariiarue)
#16god_of_dragon_Posted 2/9/2013 10:13:52 PM
^This is a glitch that happens often with ranger and strider pawns. To fix this, you usually just need to rest at an inn, exit to main menu, and go back in your game (not sure if you need to quit game). This glitch should fix itself like this.
---
PSN: CHIGE23
#17GreatKazooManPosted 2/9/2013 11:24:49 PM
I had my pawn as a ranger too, and she was killing with the bow she had, so maybe Brandt was the problem. Strange, though; as I've never really had that problem before.....
---
PSN: Souji_Monaru
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: MegurineLuka (formerly Cariiarue)
#18decepticlownPosted 2/10/2013 2:12:32 AM
Don't forget to mention the use of experience boosters prior to taking the killshot.
#19Asgard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:27:53 AM
therapgamedude posted...
I tested it, great pawn indeed! Good outfit. Would be funnier if there is one wearing jester outfit.

But considerably less Ur Resistant! Also, the Jester's Outfit is strangely disturbing on a 7 foot dude who is carrying knives...

lindaluv posted...
Bump Cuz Brandt just broke top 100 and cuz he kicks all kinds of Ur arse! Well Done you sexy Duke garb thief!

GreatKazooMan posted...
Hate to be a party pooper, but when I used him, all he wanted to do was use his daggers. This happened 95% of the time, and so I sent him back and went on to do it all myself slowly with Autonomy and killing mostly the Sulfur Saurians in Deos Hills and other big EXP monsters (Chimera and Golems are the best for this). The Bezel Crown is super slow at killing enemies if you don't use Large Mushrooms, but I got 5x EXP every time instead of Brandt not using it for the kill.

I don't know if my Pawn had anything to do with his behaviour, but he didn't perform like I'd have hoped, but to those who can get him to work out for you, then I'm happy you did. I'll just have to take it slowly (I tried the offline Ur again and died three times in a row, so I will NEVER try to fight him again...he sucks).......or I do! :P

Sorry to be contrary, but it just happened this way for me.

Typically Brandt makes heavy use of both weapons. During standard adventuring, he'll use his daggers often, but will just as frequently back off to shoot down the enemies with a few salvos of 10-folds. 10-fold is his only equipped bow skill, so he'll use it right away instead of taking several moments aiming the thing. This enables him to often get a few Bezel-kills right at the beginning of typical fights whether or not he has Stamina Curatives, though they will enable him to keep up the pace in prolonged battles.

For Offline Ur, Brandt is normally very active with the bow, and is highly resistant to all of the Ur Dragon's most common attacks, so he doesn't need much baby-sitting. If the Ur Dragon is killing you easily, you're most likely fighting him at a dangerous level. It's considerably easier if you come back at higher levels. On the other hand, if you get a Bezel-kill on the Ur dragon at lowish levels, it can immediately put you up 10 or so levels. So it might be worth going in with a lot of curatives and some wakestones and trying to chip him down over a few rounds.

Using Invisibility and not involving myself in the fight at all, I've watched Brandt not only survive against the Ur Dragon pretty easily by himself (with stamina curatives, and a few health curatives in his inventory to be safe), but personally inflict 2 bars of health on the Ur Dragon in a round. With damage also being dealt by the Arisen, it shouldn't take many rounds to finish off Ur as long as you can survive the encounter. At worst, Wakestones should make it possible. You'll get 20 Wakestones after killing the Ur Dragon, so you won't be suffering a net Wakestone loss.

But if Brandt was using his daggers 95% of the time, something was definitely out of whack, and you were likely experiencing the glitch god_of_dragon_ mentioned.

decepticlown posted...
Don't forget to mention the use of experience boosters prior to taking the killshot.

The x2 Experience boosters don't stack with the x5 from the Bezel Crown, but they may be worth using if you are also bringing along other pawns who might wind up getting the kill instead. Often times I bring a Blessed Flower as a backup.
---
PSN: Manfrinjinsindin, Pawn: Iristrielle - Mage 200 - http://i.imgur.com/8IbZs.jpg
Alt PSN: Asgard216, Pawn: Brandt - Ranger 90 - http://i.imgur.com/3zqFs.jpg
#20Tom344Posted 2/10/2013 3:40:50 AM
Definately recommend using Brandt, he remained useful even after I reached level 200. He performed better than even some level 200 pawns from my experience.
---
PSN: TomW344 - Level 200 PURE STR Strider