Ur Dragon Gen 187

#71nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 7:57:01 PM(edited)
lilgreekgirl7 posted...
Okay...this is super dumb...I have all hearts out and can't get makers finger to release....WTF ??? Never used before so don't know what am doing wrong!!

You just equip it, and than shoot it like a normal arrow. Make sure you don't miss, you only get one shot

lilgreekgirl7 posted...
bloodlust but not autonomy... does it not help to have pawns at all?

You will always do more damage with Autonomy, than by bringing pawns.

Personally, I don't use autonomy, but that is mostly because I refuse to kill my own pawn. That and I don't really need it to kill Ur as a lv 200 max strength Assassin. But the use of autonomy is highly recommended, especially for lower level Arisens.
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade -Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/wLJEPtz.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Fighter
#72KelayrPosted 2/12/2013 8:00:38 PM
nhankins7 posted...
Personally, I don't use autonomy, but that is mostly because I refuse to kill my own pawn.

I've been meaning to ask - do you only bring Nightshade in or a full party of pawns? I should give that a try too sometime actually, but for now I use Autonomy since I fight him as a min MAG Sorcerer. Spamming Square as an Assassin for me was all well and good, but it got really old after awhile.
---
PSN: Kelayr
Pawn: Elaine, Level 200 Strider
#73nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:12:19 PM
silentexistence posted...
nhankins7 posted...
Personally, I don't use autonomy, but that is mostly because I refuse to kill my own pawn.

I've been meaning to ask - do you only bring Nightshade in or a full party of pawns? I should give that a try too sometime actually, but for now I use Autonomy since I fight him as a min MAG Sorcerer. Spamming Square as an Assassin for me was all well and good, but it got really old after awhile.

I bring a full party. Generally one spot goes to a mage to help keep the pawns alive - I don't use Exhilaration either, so I don't have to keep my health low. The last spot I prefer to have another sorcerer to mirror with Nightshade, but I will switch in other vocations sometimes to try and send RC to different people.
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade -Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/wLJEPtz.jpg
#74KelayrPosted 2/12/2013 8:24:04 PM
nhankins7 posted...
I bring a full party. Generally one spot goes to a mage to help keep the pawns alive - I don't use Exhilaration either, so I don't have to keep my health low. The last spot I prefer to have another sorcerer to mirror with Nightshade, but I will switch in other vocations sometimes to try and send RC to different people.

Oh, right, I didn't consider spell mirroring. While I don't imagine pawns would contribute much damage to Ur at all, I suppose if you're not going to use Autonomy then it can't hurt to throw a High Bolide or two in the mix. :P
---
Pawn: Elaine, Level 200 Strider
#75nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:41:18 PM(edited)
Yeah, I'm sure my pawns aren't contributing all that much, but I might as well make the most of what they do contribute. They actually took out one or two hearts during GP last gen (186) - hadn't seen much of that since the days of soft GP.
---
#76tritiumrainPosted 2/12/2013 9:04:25 PM
nhankins7 posted...
silentexistence posted...
nhankins7 posted...

I also bring a full party of pawns, usually my main pawn as a ranger plus another ranger/strider and mage/sorcerer. This gen I had 2 rangers and my level 90 alt strider. I give them each about 10 spring water and they will heal each other. Sometimes the ranger/strider pawns will latch onto a heart and spam hundred kisses along with me for a while. If nothing else, they will stagger the Ur occasionally.

I never use Autonomy, Exhilaration, Equanimity, Acuity, Attunement, Invisibility and my Arisen is nowhere near max strength. With Bloodlust, Clout, Vehemence my strength is about 2500.
---
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv 200] http://i.imgur.com/iI742.jpg
PSN: KunXXoichi [Fighter Lv 26], PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Strider Lv 90]
#77lilgreekgirl7Posted 2/12/2013 9:53:55 PM
I thought I posted this, but guess it didn't go thru...

Woooooohooooooi My FIRST Online URR keel !!

*jumps on table and does a little victory suarre`while chanting "yeah...I did it, uh,uh, I did it!! (yes, I CAN be quite childish at times). ;D

Finally got makers to release ( it wasn't like a normal shot- I had to trigger R2 to "fire")

I'm ridiculously excited to see my name on that dumb rock!!

Thanks to all the help on this thread...this yes been a challenging boss and I like that everyone sort of works together to take hI'm out!!
---
Playstation ID: lilgreekgirl
DD info: Pawn: Tristan/ lvl >100 / Warrior; Can change to Stride w-Bezel if needed
#78tritiumrainPosted 2/12/2013 10:00:07 PM
lilgreekgirl7 posted...
I thought I posted this, but guess it didn't go thru...

Woooooohooooooi My FIRST Online URR keel !!

Congrats!

The first kill is pretty damn exciting!
---
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv 200] http://i.imgur.com/iI742.jpg
PSN: KunXXoichi [Fighter Lv 26], PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Strider Lv 90]
#79TropicalwoodPosted 2/12/2013 11:02:57 PM
What is the trick to killing the Ur-dragon with a Sorcerer?
---
PSN: Tropicalwood (Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Solaire Fighter Lvl 101) http://i.imgur.com/yOA5MSQ.jpg
#80KelayrPosted 2/12/2013 11:22:25 PM
Tropicalwood posted...
What is the trick to killing the Ur-dragon with a Sorcerer?

Prepare a stack of 32 Demon's Periapts and have all the MAG boosting augments (optionally Eminence) together with Holy Affinity. During the fight, all you'll be doing is spamming Focused Bolts (hold Square until your archistaff pops, then jump and release if you're using Eminence) and reapplying Holy Affinity and 4 Demon's Periapts whenever they run out.
---
Pawn: Elaine - Level 200 Strider