Ur Dragon Gen 188

#101lilgreekgirl7Posted 2/15/2013 3:54:53 AM
So,soooooh. close..I can't. get the last two hearts ont the head....aagghh "!
---
Playstation ID: lilgreekgirl
DD info: Pawn: Tristan/ lvl >100 / Warrior; Can change to Stride w-Bezel if needed
#102Sensei_CainPosted 2/15/2013 3:58:44 AM
I got the kill about 5-6 mins in maybe...level 125 Assassin. 1-10 Strider and rest Assassin. Maker's Finger, Stacked Conqueror's Periapts, Blast Arrows with DF Fey Whisper. Spammed Pentad Shot. Was out of Vims...had to roll with Large Mushrooms. Pawns came in carrying extra blast arrows. Augs are the usual damage enhancing ones. Typical Assassin loadout too: Hundred Kisses, Gale Harness, Invisibility. Use the bow for the hard to reach places. Hundred Kisses on the Feet and such.

I use this to farm offline Ur as well...kills pretty quick. Make sure you take in a Pilgrim's Charm. Also Maybe use Asgard's pawn Brandt. He is using a Bezel Crown...let him last hit the dragon with the Pilgrim Charm on...TONS of XP.
---
PSN: azumasensei - Pawn: Milika (Mage/Sorc) --- PSN: azumasensei2 - Pawn: Genie (Fighter/Warrior)
#103Homm SyndromePosted 2/15/2013 4:01:34 AM
TimTheNinja posted...
Homm Syndrome posted...
i am beyond pissed. I cannot kill all these hearts in one go. I got rid of the leg and the tail but he flew off. I get healed up thinking I can finish him off next run and in my ignorance I had no idea he gets them all back. I spent so many hours on this one and its all for nothing.

Could always Assassin Hyper-mode:

Bloodlust
-Clout
-Acuity
-Autonomy
-Proficiency
-Equanimity
-Exhilaration

Rest till night w/ no pawns, jump off a cliff until you're in critical, go invisible, hundred kisses, drink Vim the whole time = win?

When I did this it became super easy.

Just a thought.

I want to try this but what happens when you get hit? he smacks me pretty hard with his front leg stomp and that holy aura isnt too friendly either. what level are you and what kind of gear are you wearing? you're gonna say "dont get hit" arent ya? thats what I would say too.
---
1931-black-1931-right
#104AardicusPosted 2/15/2013 4:03:45 AM
Homm Syndrome posted...
TimTheNinja posted...
Homm Syndrome posted...
i am beyond pissed. I cannot kill all these hearts in one go. I got rid of the leg and the tail but he flew off. I get healed up thinking I can finish him off next run and in my ignorance I had no idea he gets them all back. I spent so many hours on this one and its all for nothing.

Could always Assassin Hyper-mode:

Bloodlust
-Clout
-Acuity
-Autonomy
-Proficiency
-Equanimity
-Exhilaration

Rest till night w/ no pawns, jump off a cliff until you're in critical, go invisible, hundred kisses, drink Vim the whole time = win?

When I did this it became super easy.

Just a thought.

I want to try this but what happens when you get hit? he smacks me pretty hard with his front leg stomp and that holy aura isnt too friendly either. what level are you and what kind of gear are you wearing? you're gonna say "dont get hit" arent ya? thats what I would say too.

Invisibility is misnamed, it should be Invincibility. While it is active you take no damage, from anything. It uses stamina though, the reason behind needing liquid vims.
---
PSN:Aardicus
#105KelayrPosted 2/15/2013 4:03:49 AM
Sensei_Cain posted...
He is using a Bezel Crown...let him last hit the dragon with the Pilgrim Charm on...TONS of XP.

The bonus EXP from the Bezel Crown doesn't stack with Weal. Weal items are more for the case when the Bezel Ranger doesn't manage to get the kill shot - at least you still get double EXP rather than the regular amount.

Homm Syndrome posted...

That's what Invisibility is for. Makes you invincible to anything other than fall damage.
---
PSN: Kelayr
Pawn: Elaine, Level 200 Strider
#106RidewordPosted 2/15/2013 4:10:36 AM
raynold101 posted...
without autonomy, 4x str/mag boost + night time

2 lv 200 pawn 1 lv 40

It still took almost 7mins to kill Ur.

So yeah if you're not using 4x boost items its pretty much guaranteed you won't kill.

Can you maybe explain the concept of 4x boost items? Do I just use the same periapt four times over to stack it or something?
---
bideo games
#107AardicusPosted 2/15/2013 4:13:20 AM
Rideword posted...
raynold101 posted...
without autonomy, 4x str/mag boost + night time

2 lv 200 pawn 1 lv 40

It still took almost 7mins to kill Ur.

So yeah if you're not using 4x boost items its pretty much guaranteed you won't kill.

Can you maybe explain the concept of 4x boost items? Do I just use the same periapt four times over to stack it or something?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626515-dragons-dogma/64783146

A bit long at this point, but the important bits are at the beginning. <grin>
---
#108Homm SyndromePosted 2/15/2013 4:14:02 AM
thanks everyone who had suggestions. going to try the assassin tricks on the next one I catch.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
omae wa mo shindeiru
---
1931-black-1931-right
#109TimTheNinjaPosted 2/15/2013 4:16:37 AM
Aardicus posted...
Invisibility is misnamed, it should be Invincibility. While it is active you take no damage, from anything. It uses stamina though, the reason behind needing liquid vims.

Truth.

This set up is waaaay too OP.

My arisen is around (866) str and (300) mag and with all this and heavens keys, combined it's around 8000 - 9000, stacked with x4 boosters.. it's comical to fight offline Ur.
#110AardicusPosted 2/15/2013 4:16:44 AM
Asgard posted...
Aardicus posted...
Seems there is not a way to avoid, it saves immediately after the keel. But it's not as tragic as it seems, to claim a GP keel requires significantly less damage than what I was doing in a 'round' earlier vs the UR. I am still WELL under the lifetime damage max.

It must have blown that amazingly minimal 200k figure out of the water though XD

EDIT:

Actually, a record of the HP of a Grace Period would be extremely useful.

Yeah, added quite a bit, heh. I figured it would be worth it since I don't recall ever seeing a figure on what GP is damage wise.

At just under 10mil I still have plenty of wiggle room so no worries.
---