Ur Dragon Gen 192

#121KelayrPosted 2/24/2013 1:21:34 PM
ballinsoldier1 posted...
Amazing how changing my strategy helped. Basically, the exact same gear/augments. I couldn't beat him for my life in the full 8 mins. Changing up my strategy just a bit, I was able to kill him in about 5 mins...

If you aren't already using them, I'll also add that DF Dragons Risen or DF Talarian White will help in terms of staggering him more if you need that brief window of opportunity to run around to his side or rear.
---
PSN: Kelayr
Pawn: Elaine, level 200 Strider
#122ACasserPosted 2/24/2013 1:21:51 PM
Got him.... and Platinum! Was a very close call, particularly since I forgot my Maker's Finger in storage.... but he went down right as my 8th set of Periapts expired. (Assassin with Autonomy, etc.)

Stupid newbish question time: Does Ur not drop any loot when he dies, other than the pile of goodies that appears by the tablet? Do I need to make a point of collecting drops from the ground as I burst hearts if I want them?

Double stupid newbish question time: Is there a way to scroll the lists on the tablet listing kills? I'd like to see my name there, even if it's a somewhat juvenile impulse.
#123kayos539Posted 2/24/2013 1:30:47 PM
Ugh I give up. He always flies off when I have only one heart left.
---
PSN: OctoberFire87; Pawn: Sienna, 200<, Ranger http://i.imgur.com/BoAs9dD.jpg
Alt PSN: EternalDust87; Pawn: Sebastian, 50<, Fighter
#124ballinsoldier1Posted 2/24/2013 1:38:33 PM
silentexistence posted...
ballinsoldier1 posted...
Amazing how changing my strategy helped. Basically, the exact same gear/augments. I couldn't beat him for my life in the full 8 mins. Changing up my strategy just a bit, I was able to kill him in about 5 mins...

If you aren't already using them, I'll also add that DF Dragons Risen or DF Talarian White will help in terms of staggering him more if you need that brief window of opportunity to run around to his side or rear.

Oh, yea my gear is pretty near mag max (although my sorc isn't quite). I forgot to check but I think I'm over 6k mag when I walk in.
---
PSN: tdizzle00
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Jane - Ranger(Bezel Crown when needed)/Fighter - 200
#125ironwolf9999Posted 2/24/2013 1:50:07 PM
Battled that bastard 8 times during GP. I finally got him, but am very annoyed. Even with pretty much maxed out mag on my MA, I dropped his health bar to literally nothing, yet he'd still fly away cause there were hearts left that for some BS reason, my hunter's arrow wasn't hitting them (back legs), Oh sure it would target them, but it never hit them to finish it off. I ended up having to switch to Sorcerer to get the kill. 5k+ mag on MA... 7074 on Sorcerer. with relevant augments. Grrrr.. needed the "focused" strike. :( I spent 190 levels on Sorcerer, I was hoping not to need to play it anymore.
---
PSN DD: ironwolf9999/ Mystaria/ 200/ Fighter/Warrior/Ranger
ironmonkey9598/ Ambrosia/ <50/ Mage/Sorcerer
#126kayos539Posted 2/24/2013 1:53:16 PM
Just because I hate quitting, I came back for another round and got him! My first online Ur kill ever! :)

I threw my pawn into the pit and got more periapts. Made a world of difference. Sadly this game looooooves to give me Volant Whites. I got more Ascalons and Heaven's Key. Grrrr.
---
PSN: OctoberFire87; Pawn: Sienna, 200<, Ranger http://i.imgur.com/BoAs9dD.jpg
Alt PSN: EternalDust87; Pawn: Sebastian, 50<, Fighter
#127SilbePosted 2/24/2013 2:16:41 PM
After my fifth try I finally killed the online Ur, even though I had 30 Conquerer's Periapts, 15 Liquid Vims and Tons of Mushrooms and Harspud Sauces with me that stupid Dragon wouldn't go down.
I had Ari and Nether with me, together with my sorcerer Petz they should be great damage support, or so I thought. My Main was a Ranger with a DF Heavens Key and I stuck to the Ur like a tick and hit him over and over and over, in the end i had to use a makers finger to destroy one of the stronger hearts. I somehow thought with my main at Lvl 167 (mainly assassin and ranger, although a couple of lvls as Warrior and Sorcerer and so on) with a heavens key and three sorcerers it would be easier. :/

I did beat him in the end, thanks to Ari and Nether!
---
-------------------
PSN:mezzokakerlake/Esca/Petz/Lv167/Sorceror at the moment
#128lilgreekgirl7Posted 2/24/2013 2:45:18 PM
Auuugggh!! Stupid work!!
---
PSN: lilgreekgirl: Tristan/ lvl >100 / Warrior
Alt PSN: lilgreekgirl7 / Charisma/ Fighter / lvl < 20
#129robert43sPosted 2/24/2013 2:46:49 PM
ironwolf9999 posted...
Battled that bastard 8 times during GP. I finally got him, but am very annoyed. Even with pretty much maxed out mag on my MA, I dropped his health bar to literally nothing, yet he'd still fly away cause there were hearts left that for some BS reason, my hunter's arrow wasn't hitting them (back legs), Oh sure it would target them, but it never hit them to finish it off. I ended up having to switch to Sorcerer to get the kill. 5k+ mag on MA... 7074 on Sorcerer. with relevant augments. Grrrr.. needed the "focused" strike. :( I spent 190 levels on Sorcerer, I was hoping not to need to play it anymore.

Ah..., the issue with MA. It's why I switched to sorcerer on the Xbox. Why, oh why are the MA weapons so under powered.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk and DragonHunter720
"Life? Don't talk to me about life!"