Ur Dragon Gen 195

#81KarathraxPosted 3/2/2013 5:12:37 AM
I have never seen that behavior, either. The person to ask about that might be Rohrgamer-- between his accounts on both ps3 and Xbox, he has over 400 kills. Compared to him, I am a slacker at 76.
---
GT: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti; PSN: Karathrax
#82CheetahSmithPosted 3/2/2013 5:14:25 AM
Got 'im. :D This would be my 12th online kill. :D

Literally just woke up, checked the boards, and went in thinking I missed him. Nope. Still lit up like a Christmas tree. Good thing I thought get my items in order before bed. XD
---
PSN: Esusyu
WKC 2: Cheetah * Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Asha (Lvl 200 Sorcerer)
#83ACasserPosted 3/2/2013 6:00:56 AM
Lucky you, Cheetah.... I wish I had your serendipity. I went to sleep when I said I did, set an alarm for three hours past then only to find him still alive, so I repeated the process. Not only didn't I get a very good night's sleep, but he died and went through his entire Grace while I was still asleep.

This seems like the third or fourth time this week alone that online Ur has been whacked while I was asleep and I've missed Grace by less than an hour.
#84CheetahSmithPosted 3/2/2013 6:29:11 AM
ACasser posted...
Lucky you, Cheetah.... I wish I had your serendipity. I went to sleep when I said I did, set an alarm for three hours past then only to find him still alive, so I repeated the process. Not only didn't I get a very good night's sleep, but he died and went through his entire Grace while I was still asleep.

This seems like the third or fourth time this week alone that online Ur has been whacked while I was asleep and I've missed Grace by less than an hour.

Ugh, bummer man. :( I know that feeling all too well. It's hugely frustrating. I tried doing the "Set alarms in the middle of the night" trick last night as well, but I slept right through them. Honestly, I think it was partly dumb luck and hungry cats on my part. But at least there's always the next one.
---
PSN: Esusyu
WKC 2: Cheetah * Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Asha (Lvl 200 Sorcerer)
#85ACasserPosted 3/2/2013 6:36:53 AM
Normally I don't even bother with the alarms and let the chips fall where they may. But normally I don't stay up as late as I did waiting for Grace.... that multiple reliable people were reporting an Ur down around 0.5 led me to believe that "if I just waited a little longer" I could get him. With the amount of effort I had put in, I was hoping for a better reward.

My real problem is that I live in a time zone where Ur often kicks the bucket at a very inconvenient hour.
#86DarkJedi666Posted 3/2/2013 8:03:35 AM
nhankins7 posted...
Got him.

Did anyone else have a difficult time? That dragon did not want me to kill him. Three times he threw me off and ran away, well before the time limit expired. Only half way in, he would toss me off and run away. I haven't seen that behavior before.

Not the flying away when grace is almost done. Every time I was about to kill him he ran. I wasn't even close to the 8 min mark when he ran.

I got him on my 3 account.
For the first time ever, with my first fight, he actually flew away in the middle of the battle, but since I time with periapt, I knew he could not be gone.
I checked if he went on top of the tower, but no.... about 30 sec later, I saw him high above, and then he decided to come back... very weird but died nonetheless soon after.

For my 3 account, I went assassin, and I also could check something I was suspecting for a while. May not be for all Ur the same if they have different stat, but my mix magic mix str Arisen assassin got him in 6 min, the full str in less than 4, and the full magic assassin barely managed in time ! I think there is diminishing return on the enchanted damage of the weapon (heaven key's in this case). For all of them I used 4 periapt of each types, except for the str base assassin (which was still the fastest).
---
PSN PS_Online_SM Pawn Nina Ranger lvl 200 Challenger Utilitarian max 766 str
PSN PS_Online_User Pawn Mina Mage lvl 200 Utilitarian Challenger max 866 magic
#87Guyver1288Posted 3/2/2013 9:00:18 AM
Wow u use assassin for 3 accounts. I gave up on assassin due to slow climbing especially when UR now have so many hearts left......

My favourite vocation strider can climb faster and really hope dark arisen will have more stylish female armor...........
---
PSN Guyver168 - Lvl 200
PSN Guyver_168 - Lvl 78 - mage
#88DarkJedi666Posted 3/2/2013 11:21:18 AM
I switch around. Last Ur, I somehow could not kill it while sorcerer with the max magic, so I use assassin, but got it last moment.
I wanted to test this one with 3 assassin to check.

Back in the day, it was being said assassin for Ur was as strong with max magic or max str using Heaven Keys (maybe even stronger max magic due to the Ur weakness to holy).
But that's clearly not true.

Does the strider naturaly climb faster than assassin ? I though the only thing that matter was the augment for this, not the class. But I never checked that before.
---
PSN PS_Online_SM Pawn Nina Ranger lvl 200 Challenger Utilitarian max 766 str
PSN PS_Online_User Pawn Mina Mage lvl 200 Utilitarian Challenger max 866 magic