Dark Arisen weapons

#11tritiumrainPosted 3/24/2013 10:20:26 PM
A few new weapons we have seen so far:

Dragon's Ire
A Dragon's Rancor bow that harnesses the searing heat of lava, it's fire-enchanted arrows striking with the force of an erupting volcano.

Cursed Bite
A sword whose guard recalls the shape of a cursed dragon. Its unnerving design rouses destructive urges in all who wield it.
---
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv 200] http://i.imgur.com/iI742.jpg
PSN: KunXXoichi [Fighter Lv 30+], PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Strider Lv 120+]
#12MRn54Posted 3/24/2013 10:24:45 PM
tritiumrain posted...

Dragon's Ire
A Dragon's Rancor bow that harnesses the searing heat of lava, it's fire-enchanted arrows striking with the force of an erupting volcano.

Cursed Bite
A sword whose guard recalls the shape of a cursed dragon. Its unnerving design rouses destructive urges in all who wield it.

Here's hoping there's a fire or holy longbow.. nom nom nom
---
PSN: MRn54Alt1 Pawn: Arngrim / lvl.200 / Warrior
#13RiddlewizardPosted 3/24/2013 11:01:04 PM
Standard grass-cutting scythe like the Grim Reaper is portrayed with, I can't see a Warrior using. PERHAPS a war-scythe, though. I'm not quite sure how they were used, but they looked like polearms last time I saw a picture of them. Blade on a stick, essentially.
---
PSN: CrueltyIncarnate- Pawn: Morrigan- LVL 140+ Pure Sorceress
Keep your mind in the gutter. It's hilarious in there.
#14OldschoolukPosted 3/25/2013 1:53:26 AM
tritiumrain posted...
Its unnerving design rouses destructive urges in all who wield it.

Funny, that is what all weapons do to my arisen. PMSL
---
PSN: Oldschooluk Pawn: Pooh, level 200 Support Mage challenger/utilitarian
PSN: Newschooluk Pawn: Kaya, level 89 Strider scather/challenger
#15JayYoungs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:20:14 AM
NicoJay6 posted...
If we do get some perma-enchanted weapons, I'm hoping for some to have the mottled magical light look that rusted weapons get when enchanted. I really dig that look.
Since weapons can be upgraded a further 2 levels in power, maybe the currently lesser perma-enchanted will be brought up to par with the holy ones.

Yea that would be badass but I do have to admit I like the lava lamp kind of sheen of the Ascalon it looks soo nice lol

I don't think they will be the same level as the holy ones since the attack and magic damage is permanently weaker than them but they will be stronger than they are now

I just want better elemental weapons on par with the holy ones but I am expecting some powerful dark weapons on par with the holy ones since dark arisen is basically evil based

Imagine if they made death like the Ur dragon where you could fight him online and offline and when you defeat him you get the most powerful dark weapons, armours and masks and Death's robes :D
I hope there is something atleast similar like this in game

GOD I can't wait for Dark Arisen!
#16JayYoungs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:30:50 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
i highly doubt we'll be able to death a scythe like death's... that would be COOL... and developers rarely do cool stuff like that.

chances are its just the usual stuff, swords, bows, daggers, etc... wielding a scythe would probably require a whole new class.

Yea I agree that probably won't happen but it would be sooo badass if they allowed that but your right developers won't give us something like that yet alone Cashcom...

Yea but I'm not complaining about the usual stuff but at least have all elemental weapons on par or surpassing the holy ones instead of making them suck!

That would be badass having a new class for the Scythe hmm it would be called Reaper, Able to wield Death's own Scythe and use necromancy magic like being able to summon skeletons, Fell lords and weaker versions of Lich's and Wights when playing solo, Able to possess weaker enemies, drain life from enemies to fill your own, twice as powerful at nighttime, bring spirits from the abyss to fight with you for a time :D Sometimes I wish I was a developer I would do something like that in a game like Dragons Dogma
#17JayYoungs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:32:46 AM
InfernoRodan posted...
^ I could actually see a giant scythe working as a Warrior weapon.

But yeah, it's not gonna happen.

I know what you mean I could see a new move set for the warrior wielding a scythe but yea it's not going to happen unfortunately
#18JayYoungs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:34:42 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
InfernoRodan posted...
^ I could actually see a giant scythe working as a Warrior weapon.

i cant... scythes arent wielded like greatswords.

least, they SHOULDNT be, since they have a unique style about them.

But there could always be a new move set added in for the warrior wielding a scythe but I know what you mean
#19JayYoungs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:37:30 AM
tritiumrain posted...

Dragon's Ire

Cursed Bite

Ooooo that bow sounds smexy I want one!

For some reason the cursed bite sounds like an unenchanted weapon... It should be a dark weapon since its cursed
#20god_of_dragon_Posted 3/25/2013 7:45:27 AM
JayYoungs posted...
tritiumrain posted...

Dragon's Ire

Cursed Bite

Ooooo that bow sounds smexy I want one!

For some reason the cursed bite sounds like an unenchanted weapon... It should be a dark weapon since its cursed

TC, those two weapons are the ones featured in the second Pax East stream. The sword is that curved sword we see around so often on Dark Arisen preview, which looks like a love child between Dragon's Dogma (sword) and Carnation XD.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/381824800
---
PSN: CHIGE23
Alt PSN: Rothwind