Elder Ogre tactics?

#1chaoscontrol325Posted 4/26/2013 2:52:51 PM
I can not seem to shave this guy's health down very quick. This is the second one I faced, and the first one I had to lure down cliffside to kill. This time I'm facing him in the sewers. It's dark and my lantern keeps going out from the freaking water.

Anyways, I'm avoiding him fine and he doesn't hurt me much whenever he lands a hit but I'm just not hurting him a lot either. Is there any certain form of attack that hurts him a lot?
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#2Orochi_LedePosted 4/26/2013 3:03:07 PM(edited)
He is pretty brutal but i found lighting attacks hurt him, if not magic then try aiming for his head, i STRONGLY adivse on carrying STR boosting items and stack them, he has alot of health and he gets tougher at lower health. that drop kick he does is pretty mean, on hard mode it will one shot you. and some other massive fit attack he does combos you to death. i'd just just be careful if you get him low.
---
"I'm sorry squeeky, it's just a game, you got to get before you get got"
#3chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 3:06:37 PM
Orochi_Lede posted...
He is pretty brutal but i found lighting attacks hurt him, if not magic then try aiming for his head, i STRONGLY adivse on carrying STR boosting items and stack them, he has alot of health and he gets tougher at lower health. that drop kick he does is pretty mean, on hard mode it will one shot you. and some other massive fit attack he does combos you to death. i'd just just be careful if you get him low.

Yeah, the only time he get's any large amount of damage is when my hired pawn realizes that it's probably a good idea to attack the doused ogre with lightning, but it really doesn't happen often.
---
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#4chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 3:18:56 PM
Oooookay, he suddenly started hurting me a lot and he started hurting me randomly when I'm clinging to him. I don't even fly off him, I just randomly take a huge chuck of damage.

*sigh* this would be a lot easier if my hired mage would just realize that she doesn't have to stand right in front of the ogre to use her magic.
---
#5Klaatu77Posted 4/26/2013 5:16:44 PM
High Fulmination!
---
PSN: McCloud77 (Cloudstrike Lvl200 Ranger)
Alt: McLeod7_7 (Stormstout Lvl200 Sorcerer)
#6chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 5:21:02 PM
It's okay, I found another cliffside.
---
#7XaelloxPosted 4/26/2013 5:37:55 PM
If I'm not playing as Warrior I just cling to him and wail on his head until he starts to do that thing where he tries to flatten you. If I'm lucky with my landing I get a couple more shots at his head while he's on the ground. Rinse and repeat.

The chunks of damage probably came from him sometime slamming you against floors/walls when he's swinging his arms around. Or at least that's how it was in my case.

Doesn't hurt as much as his drop kick though.
#8Homm SyndromePosted 4/26/2013 5:40:42 PM
I experimented with Abyssal Anguish on my mystic knight and i totally wrecked the bastards with it. it basically stun-locked them and they couldnt get out of it even when they went into rage mode
#9RealWrecklessPosted 4/26/2013 5:46:30 PM
Magic Archer destroys him with those bouncing off the walls electric arrows
---
Sylviana LvL 200 Ranger - PSN: Wrecklesss (3 S')
#10chaoscontrol325(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 6:00:32 PM
RealWreckless posted...
Magic Archer destroys him with those bouncing off the walls electric arrows

Yeah, those would've been nice. The tunnel was narrow and he kept dousing himself in the water. Those ricochet hunters would've taken him down in half a minute.
---