Totem Mace or Virge of Madness?

#1Rikku151Posted 5/10/2013 2:01:38 AM
I recently got the Virge of Madness mace for my Mystic Knight. I've got a question about how good it is, compared to a Totem Mace. I know it's probably better against normal mobs, due to the high attack. But which one is stronger against the Ur Dragon? A Totem Mace or the Virge of Madness with a holy enchantment?
#2newjerseyplayerPosted 5/10/2013 2:30:14 AM
Cursed Light.

Lol, if you want a Mace, you can always enchant your Virge of Madness with Holy Affinity (Or whatever that Mystic Knight Enchantment Skill was)
---
{]xxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> PSN: rjlikestv
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.
#3mmasters36Posted 5/10/2013 7:52:05 AM(edited)
Rikku151 posted...
I recently got the Virge of Madness mace for my Mystic Knight. I've got a question about how good it is, compared to a Totem Mace. I know it's probably better against normal mobs, due to the high attack. But which one is stronger against the Ur Dragon? A Totem Mace or the Virge of Madness with a holy enchantment?

I would still use Totem mace for the Holy enchant-try to get the mage-breaker as the stacking mag + Str values are best for MK-The attack value Df'd on the MB is higher than the Totem-I'm just not sure about the ice enchant-I just got it yesterday and hope to DF it_str only maces are simply not as effective in the long run for an MK IMO-especially vs Urdy

Edit: for example -my str attack bonus with the Verge is 2700-my stacked value with blue forged TM is 3500-1800 mag and 1700 str-since the values stack and the main attack for MK -the GC is 60-40 mgk to str value-TM is preferred
---
GT:Dragonkin777_ GT:Sorcerersword_ GT:baseballkidd99
Pawn 200 Sorcerer_Pawn 200 Sorcerer_ Pawn 35 Ranger
#4GaGorillaPosted 5/10/2013 8:35:44 AM
I'd recommend the Magebreaker. The extra Magic will help with Enchantments and Great Cannon. If you're fighting UR, you'll probably use Blessed Trance anyway.
---
psn: MadMonk-E | pawn: Serah [ Sorcerer | Lv200 ]
#5Rikku151(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:04:10 AM(edited)
So if I've got it right then a Mage Breaker will deal much more damage due to the extra magic power the TM doesn't have? :)
#6mmasters36Posted 5/10/2013 11:28:05 AM(edited)
Rikku151 posted...
So if I've got it right then a Mage Breaker will deal much more damage due to the extra magic power the TM doesn't have? :)

once Dfd and beyond the attack values are better-against the UR dragon who is weak to holy I'm not sure yet as I only got MB yesterday-If a MB is buffed holy I guess it should be better-I'm gonna check Urdy's defense against ice.

Edit: so Urdy is 75% weak to ice and 125% weak to holy-so if your attack value with the MB is approaching 50% more this should be a wash and if buffed holy-I think MB should be better.Need to do some testing though.

And to clarify TM and MB will do more than Verge of madness because the str only weapon is not stacking magick-both TM and MB should do sufficient damage. the question is which one of the stacking oines are better TM or MB
---
#7Rikku151(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:34:58 AM
mmasters36 posted...
Rikku151 posted...

once Dfd and beyond the attack values are better-against the UR dragon who is weak to holy I'm not sure yet as I only got MB yesterday-If a MB is buffed holy I guess it should be better-I'm gonna check Urdy's defense against ice.

Edit: so Urdy is 75% weak to ice and 125% weak to holy-so if your attack value with the MB is approaching 50% more this should be a wash and if buffed holy-I think MB should be better.Need to do some testing though.

And to clarify TM and MB will do more than Verge of madness because the str only weapon is not stacking magick-both TM and MB should do sufficient damage. the question is which one of the stacking oines are better TM or MB

Cool! Thanks for the clarification! I'll test both weapons out and I'll let ya know!
#8mmasters36Posted 5/10/2013 11:39:43 AM
Happy Hunting!
---
#9MHNetioPosted 5/10/2013 11:56:36 AM
You'll always be enchanting yourself with holy against Ur dragon anyway.

Virge of Madness with Hallowed Invoker will rival and probably even surpass damage from a Mage Breaker or Cursed Light.
#10Rikku151(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 12:19:14 PM
MHNetio posted...
You'll always be enchanting yourself with holy against Ur dragon anyway.

Virge of Madness with Hallowed Invoker will rival and probably even surpass damage from a Mage Breaker or Cursed Light.

Ah cool, good to know! But what's (an) Hallowed Invoker? Sorry if it's a dumb question.