Black hydra scale

#1so_hipPosted 5/13/2013 10:07:05 AM
If anyone has an extra, may you send it my way please?

Yes I ran into the arena and after 30+ minutes, I only managed to run into an archhydra not a regular one.

No, I will not restart for the hydra bc I have run through too many times and I just want to be done with forging already.

PSN: linzaka_

or...

Pawn: Mairik/ moniker: Zander/ lvl200 Sorc
#2ACasserPosted 5/13/2013 2:43:59 PM
Black Hydra Scales come from a regular Hydra, not an Archydra. If you're in the postgame, you should be able to find one in the Frontier Caverns once you accept the request board notice "A Challenge".
#3conspiraiciesPosted 5/13/2013 2:55:13 PM
Does it respawn in Frontier Caverns after the board quest though? No matter, I'll hook you up TC.
---
"Teabag with honor..."
DD Pawn album. Complete with leitmotifs for some reason! http://imgur.com/a/Dujst
#4ACasserPosted 5/13/2013 3:00:22 PM
The hydra at the Frontier Caverns will re-spawn. In the days before Dark Arisen, I used to break up the monotony of Everfall farming with a periodic trip out that direction to hit three Drakes and the Hydra.

I'm not sure when the re-spawn actually happens to be, as I didn't make the loop all that often. It could be seven days, or it could be like all the big postgame monsters that are on 21-day or 31-day timers.
#5conspiraiciesPosted 5/13/2013 3:18:18 PM
Ah cool, that's good to know. I could have sworn it did actually, I just wanted to double check.

Anyways, Black Hydra Scale sent...
---
"Teabag with honor..."
DD Pawn album. Complete with leitmotifs for some reason! http://imgur.com/a/Dujst
#6so_hip(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 3:11:34 AM
Ty very much!!!

And that is odd because I ventured over there and the hydra wasnt there! Do I have to accept the quest then EVERY walkthrough post game to fight it? That's probably what it was.
#7drag10Posted 5/14/2013 3:47:47 AM
The black hydra spawns only once every playthrough for that Frontier Cavern quest. However, if you are playing DA, there is a room in BBI which may randomly spawn a black hydra now and then (only during the first run through, though).
---
PSN: BN_bros Pawn: Greysif
#8ACasserPosted 5/14/2013 8:37:24 AM
so_hip posted...
Do I have to accept the quest then EVERY walkthrough post game to fight it? That's probably what it was.

The hydra will not spawn unless you've accepted the request board notice in question. The gate to the "arena" will not open until you accept that or the earlier ogre fight (the Silver Idol one).

As for the "he will not respawn" comment, it's a long timer -- probably 21 or 31 days like other uber-mobs that only appear in postgame. I doubt Dark Arisen changed it to a one-time event unless there's some proof to be offered up.
#9drag10Posted 5/14/2013 8:55:11 AM
so_hip posted...
Do I have to accept the quest then EVERY walkthrough post game to fight it? That's probably what it was.

The hydra will not spawn unless you've accepted the request board notice in question. The gate to the "arena" will not open until you accept that or the earlier ogre fight (the Silver Idol one).

As for the "he will not respawn" comment, it's a long timer -- probably 21 or 31 days like other uber-mobs that only appear in postgame. I doubt Dark Arisen changed it to a one-time event unless there's some proof to be offered up.

Hmm, guess I never realized the black hydra's respawn was so long. It seems even longer than the other special dragonkin (those took around 14 days or so). Still, thanks to the Rotunda of Dread room in BBI, we now have a quicker way to fight black hydras before post-game since you only need to change zones to reset the spawn (though it is random).
---
PSN: BN_bros Pawn: Greysif