My theory about who Grigori is. (Ending spoilers.)

#1MKID232Posted 5/25/2013 5:06:15 PM(edited)
So here's what we know:

The Arisen is destined to become the Seneschal if he succeeds in beating not only the dragon, but also the original Seneschal.

The dragon always offers a deal, to sacrifice that which Arisen holds most dear, be it a person, or some other prize, in exchange that the dragon will leave, and the Arisen gets all the fame as the one who slayed the dragon.

If the Arisen fails to kill the Seneschal, he becomes the dragon.

So by this chain of events, Grigori has to be the Arisen before Savan, who lost to the Seneschal of old. When Savan was victorious in beating Grigori, he gave him temporary relief. However, since Savan had beaten the old Seneschal and became the new one, rather than lost and became the dragon, Grigori had to be called upon again and again to face all the new Arisens, Dragonforged, Sofiah, and Duke Edmun, none of whom became the new Seneschal:

Sofiah most likely succeeded in killing the dragon, but decided to live in peace instead after going through the trials. (I also believe that when the Seneschal says that he will grant you a "merciful death", he doesn't mean kill you and revive you with no memories as being an Arisen, but most likely means that unlike being the Seneschal, eventually you will die, but peacefully.)

Dragonforged failed, but managed to escape, and Grigori fled.

Duke Edmun sacrificed his loved one, Lenore, to Grigori and became the Duke of Gran Soren, though his lack of a heart truly corrupted him.

By now, we eventually move onto the Player Arisen, whose story differs from person to person, and could probably spawn even more countless theories (alternative universes, as shown by the use of the Riftstones, for one.) that would take way too much time to speculate.

TL;DR Grigori was an Arisen, he got killed by Seneschal and turned into a dragon, replacing the old one, Savan became Seneschal, Grigori had to remain dragon until someone replaced him, which no one did for the rest of the Arisens.

EDIT: And then it just occurred to me that i haven't even considered any of the Arisens that show up in Dark Arisen, but I haven't gotten too far through that, admittedly...
---
But it was horrible. For everyone. And that includes you.
#2Shadow_Blaze23Posted 5/25/2013 5:08:03 PM
My only problem with your theory is that Grigori could just of easily come after Savan. Just because we know of a few failed Arisen doesn't mean that they were the only ones between Savan and our Arisen.
---
PSN: Shadow_Blaze17
Gamertag: Djzero000
#3kanerexPosted 5/25/2013 5:11:52 PM
The ones on bitterblack could be arisens from different times, as the rift crystals(as mentioned by a certain pawn) not only reach through worlds, but through time. And (spoilers) when defeating second form daimon he sinks into the rift, having been an arisen from a different time. Or realm.
---
Unoffical PSC List: http://bit.ly/ZQa0Ni
Updated Daily to closely match offical.
#4MKID232(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 5:13:50 PM
Shadow_Blaze23 posted...
My only problem with your theory is that Grigori could just of easily come after Savan. Just because we know of a few failed Arisen doesn't mean that they were the only ones between Savan and our Arisen.

It is also entirely possible that he was after Savan. This theory is contestable, and I do appreciate any feedback or possible alternatives.
---
#5enjelsamaPosted 5/25/2013 5:15:17 PM
Soifah likely decided to leave, and not even face the Dragon. She is a witch after all.

According to few NPC, she has been gone for a long time, its not really stated.. so its kinda up in air what happen to her. Her spilt soul and thing with Her Pawn could simply be magic.
The whole Pawn turns into you thing is.. just kinda there to fit the ending.
Savan Pawn, resembles his Father. And didn't take his form.

Grgiroi was a Arisen, Long before Savan.

He destoryed kingdom in Tainted Mountain long ago, its destory when Savan goes thru.
Since no other Arisen likely has come forth and lost to Savan. (And if they had, was not worthy of being a Red Dragon)
Grigori has been forced to stay.

As for BBI Arisens, Some Seek that place out and have never meet Dragon, Others may have failed or just like palce does.. calls to them.

Then again.. the changes BBI brings, kinda add a few loop holes and new insight.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#6kanerexPosted 5/25/2013 5:19:03 PM
enjelsama posted...
Soifah likely decided to leave, and not even face the Dragon. She is a witch after all.

According to few NPC, she has been gone for a long time, its not really stated.. so its kinda up in air what happen to her. Her spilt soul and thing with Her Pawn could simply be magic.
The whole Pawn turns into you thing is.. just kinda there to fit the ending.
Savan Pawn, resembles his Father. And didn't take his form.

Grgiroi was a Arisen, Long before Savan.

He destoryed kingdom in Tainted Mountain long ago, its destory when Savan goes thru.
Since no other Arisen likely has come forth and lost to Savan. (And if they had, was not worthy of being a Red Dragon)
Grigori has been forced to stay.

As for BBI Arisens, Some Seek that place out and have never meet Dragon, Others may have failed or just like palce does.. calls to them.

Then again.. the changes BBI brings, kinda add a few loop holes and new insight.

Sofia would have to have defeated the dragon but not been worthy of senechel, as she gave her life to her pawn, and old age doesn't effect arisens remember the duke doesn't age.
Your life is yours to hold and give away as you see fit, grigoris words. Sofia gave hers to her pawn..
---
Unoffical PSC List: http://bit.ly/ZQa0Ni
Updated Daily to closely match offical.
#7MHNetioPosted 5/25/2013 5:26:36 PM
Where does it explicitly state the dragon Savan fights is called Grigori?

Or when it comes to cycles, is everybody using the same name? The process for how the cycles happen is explained. I don't know why some of you say it's all the same character.

Keep in mind that when Grigori dies, the Everfall opens up.

Which you use to get to the Seneschal.

So how Savan could have killed Grigori and become the Seneschal without killing Grigori lets me know a few of you have yet to iron out your theories.

Keep in mind when you die to the Seneschal, you become the dragon. So the dragon for the new cycle, if I die to the Seneschal, would more than likely say it's name is Netio.

Given that Grigori has taken the hearts of three people (Dragonforged, Duke and Player), Grigori must be the arisen before the dragonforged, and after Savan, who then lost to Seneschal Savan and became the new dragon.
#8Shadow_Blaze23Posted 5/25/2013 5:27:56 PM
There's always the possibility that Sofiah was from a different country or nation and fled instead of moving forward to become Seneschal. With her heart returned after killing The Dragon it's quite possible that she just died of old age with Selene as company.
---
PSN: Shadow_Blaze17
Gamertag: Djzero000
#9enjelsamaPosted 5/25/2013 5:29:12 PM
She makes no Comments of beating Dragon, or facing it. Or even Failing.

To say she did is.. not right.

Her Story and placement in time is Unknown. She has been died for sometime, as Villagers have not seen her in many many years. And is mostly myth.

Duke was Last Arisen according to Dragon Forge.
And Dragon hasn't been seen in 50 years.

Selene looks as "She did" So Sofiah has aged, But this is do to her giving part of her Soul.
Not to same Pact you make when you gods bane yourself to set Pawn free.
She may have Age slowly do to only having part of a Soul.

Sofiah will likely remain a mystery for sometime. There not enough facts to place her within a set moment or even say what she did, or how great her Witch Power are.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#10MKID232(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 5:40:02 PM(edited)
MHNetio posted...

So how Savan could have killed Grigori and become the Seneschal without killing Grigori lets me know a few of you have yet to iron out your theories.

My theory is not that Savan killed Grigori, and became the Seneschal without killing Grigori. My theory is that Savan killed Grigori, then since Savan didn't become the next dragon, Grigori was brought back to become the dragon once again since no one replaced him.

But of course, it could've just as easily been Savan killed the old dragon, and then the old Seneschal became the new dragon, and Grigori killed him, but failed against Savan. But the dragon's voice that Savan hears before facing him is clearly Grigori's voice, so that pulls that theory (And one above that I pointed out could have also been easily possible...oops) out of the water.
---