Max Mag Char and Pawn

#1nimdudePosted 7/28/2013 9:51:42 PM
Question to all the experienced players, how viable is a max Mag build (1-10 Mage, 11-200 Sorc) in a real play environment?

Or is it better to throw in some Warrior, Fighter, Strider (Mystic Knight) to increase survivability in terms of health and defenses?
---
PSN: nimrod2009us /// Nina/Rachel (F) | lvl 200 | Fighter | (DD, vanilla)
PSN: nimrod2009 /// Ramona/Rika (F) | lvl 20 (lvling) | Warrior | (DD, vanilla)
#2krono069Posted 7/28/2013 10:15:47 PM
Personally, I did a little leveling for every class for the augments. If I were you, I'd go through all the classes and see which augments you might want. Then I'd play with the appropriate classes until I got every augment I couldn't live without. Doing this early on is easier since you level up quicker at lower levels. Once you get that out of the way, then do your mage/sorcerer path. This is what I did and I have no regrets (except I didn't do high magic path. I did more of a strength path).

__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#3duckdiddlerPosted 7/28/2013 10:31:20 PM
I think a glass cannon pawn is going to be a bad idea, as they will be TKO'd repeatedly, especially if they aren't inclined/trained just right. I'd want to level them up a few levels early on for physical defense and stamina, at the very least. All of the augments you'll need can be earned with the guard trick in post-dragon, of course.
---
PSN: DuckDiddler -- Pawn: Bobbie (F) - lvl 200 Strider (DD)
PSN: Duckler2 -- Pawn: Frost (M) - lvl 200 Fighter/Warrior (DD)
#4nimdude(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:35:08 PM
krono069 posted...
This is what I did and I have no regrets (except I didn't do high magic path. I did more of a strength path).

Well thats what i did for my Fighter Pawn. which has pretty good stats overall, leaning heavy towards strenght with 5.000+ health.

And for a pure or nearly pure strenght build it isnt a problem either. 1-10 Fighter, 11-100 Warrior and 101-200 Ranger gives max strenght, very good defenses and 5.000+ health.

got those covered twice :-P

thats why i asked about mages in particular as i havent really played those especially not for my own main pawn.

Aiming for a Mage Pawn specifically here and was wondering Ifo it is more important to have maxed Mag or to add survivability like 3k-4k health and even defenses from Strider/Ranger.
---
PSN: nimrod2009us /// Nina/Rachel (F) | lvl 200 | Fighter | (DD, vanilla)
PSN: nimrod2009 /// Ramona/Rika (F) | lvl 20 (lvling) | Warrior | (DD, vanilla)
#5GreatKazooManPosted 7/29/2013 6:00:43 PM
My Sorcerer in the sig there has built up about 30 levels as a physical user before I went to mage and sorcerer and staying there. This is to do what duckdiddler mentioned so she doesn't die so easily. It's better this way, as she'll still be about 740 magic, which is good.
---
Dark Arisen Pawn: Madmartigan, Level 200 Fighter (PSN: Souji_Monaru)
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Astarotte, Level 75+ Sorcerer (PSN: Mikoto_Oneesama)