Ur Dragon Gen 369

#1nhankins7Posted 9/25/2013 2:38:05 PM
Important note - When calling GP or grace period, please include the keyword # grace, but remove the space so the # is up against grace, and it is all one string. Please do not use the keyword in this thread until it is grace period.

PierceLee
When you enter the Chamber of Lament, you will see an "accessing server" message, during which a copy of the online Ur dragon will be downloaded. Kill the 3 enemy pawns to summon the Ur dragon into the arena. The Ur dragon will come with hp (and weak spots status) representative of his global health, but at any time players may be greeted with Ur dragon of varying hp. Do not be alarmed if you see an Ur dragon with hp different from what others are reporting - he is not healing himself. Look at the mean for its general health rather than individual hp values.

You will then battle him for 8 minutes, after which he will fly away and you will see another "accessing server" message, during which the damages you did will be uploaded to the server for consolidation into the global health.

Over time, as players contribute their effort towards the common goal, the Ur dragon's global health will decline. Eventually, when the Ur dragon is killed by anyone, we go into grace period (GP). If you enter the Chamber of Lament during grace period, you will have a chance to land your own killing blow to gain good rewards (loots, and he will dragon forge every item you equipped).

nhankins7
Health Notation

The numbers you see posted in this thread are health updates. To give an update, just count the number of purple dots remaining on Ur's health, and add a decimal approximation of the current health bar. So, two dots and half a bar would be a 2.5. Ur starts at ten dots and a full bar, which equates to 10.99 or 11.0.

Important - always report what the health is at the beginning of a round, not what the health is at the end of a round.

General advice for getting a kill during GP

1. Use Bloodlust*, and fight at night.

2. Use Autonomy*, and fight solo. This is not always necessary, but highly recommended for lower level players.

3. Use all other strength/magic boosting augments at your disposal – Clout, Vehemence, Acuity, Attunement, etc.

4. Use stacked periapts. Bring at minimum 32 Conqueror’s and/or 32 Demon’s Periapts – Conqueror’s for strength, Demon’s for magic. Use 4 (of each) at a time, and reapply when they wear off. Substitute Tagilus's Miracle and/or Salomet's Secret to buff your entire party.

5. If you are a bow wielding vocation, bring a Maker’s Finger. If you can get Ur down to only one heart, you can MF the last heart to kill him. Don’t miss, you only get one shot.

6. Ur Dragon is weak to holy damage. Exploit this weakness.

7. During GP, you will have to destroy all active hearts in one round to get a kill.

*Note* - Autonomy and Bloodlust have been severely nerfed in Dark Arisen. Autonomy may not be recommended for DA players, but Bloodlust is still a viable augment.

---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade -Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/wLJEPtz.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Ranger
#2nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 2:38:27 PM
TIPS AND TRICKS:

Having a hard time killing Ur Dragon during Grace Period? Check this thread about stacking periapts!!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626515-dragons-dogma/64783146

===================================================================================================

The infinite supply trick:

• Just before you enter the Chamber of Lament, save your game. Then proceed to fight the Ur Dragon for 8 minutes. When the 8-minute round is over, wait for the "accessing server" message so the damage that you dealt to the Ur Dragon will be uploaded to the server. When it is done, use Godsbane to reload your last save. And there you go!! Infinite supplies!!

NOTE:

• Contribution rewards are dependent on your saved file after you fight the Ur-Dragon. So since you did not save after fighting him, your contribution rewards (in case you missed killing him during Grace Period) will be forfeited. If you don't care about getting petty rewards and you are sure to catch him during GP, then by all means, use this trick and fight him with infinite number of supplies!!

===================================================================================================

Strategies in fighting the Ur Dragon using different Vocations:

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ur-Dragon_Class_Strategies

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Ur Dragon is healing??

Capcom confirmed that HE DOES NOT HEAL. There is a generally accepted theory that there are at least 4 versions of the Ur Dragon on different servers, each with their own health points, thus the varying amounts of HP when you enter the Chamber of Lament. When one of these versions dies, all servers will synch and we will have Grace Period. There are instances when there is a big difference between the health points of different versions, so as to prevent the players from concentrating on the Ur with the lowest HP, the server will redistribute Ur's health.

I am not doing any damage!!

You are doing damage. It's just that Online Ur has a tremendous amount of HP and it takes a lot of players around the world to bring his HP down to zero, thus activating Grace Period. Also be sure to observe the blood that is coming out from Ur when you attack him. Purple Blood = damage, Grey Blood = no damage. Try to hit the glowing spots so you will draw purple blood.

How to discourage Ur from roosting?

Going to the West side of the chamber helps discourage the Ur-Dragon from roosting above the tower; while going onto the ledges on the East side of the chamber will often encourage roosting. Ur should also be less likely to roost once all 4 wing hearts are destroyed.

How to properly use the Maker's Finger:

The Maker's Finger is a special arrow that will instantly kill almost every enemy in the game. As for Ur, while it will not kill him instantly, it will deal massive damage to his HP. But you can only damage him if you hit a glowing spot or an intact heart. If you hit him on a dead heart, this will not do any damage.

You can only hold 1 Maker's Finger at a time. After you use it, Fournival will automatically restock another Maker's Finger. Don't forge it! A forgery will never work!!
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade -Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/wLJEPtz.jpg
#3andifirefusePosted 9/25/2013 3:28:25 PM
---
PSN: whoeversheis | Tonks - Strider
Alt: andifirefuse | Aesop - Mage/Sorcerer
#4nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 3:30:43 PM
full health
---
#513Z50PPosted 9/25/2013 3:32:29 PM
Could anyone kindly recommend some great pawns to fight Ur with in the lvl 125 to lvl 135 range.

Thanx
#6nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 5:03:04 PM(edited)
13Z50P posted...
Could anyone kindly recommend some great pawns to fight Ur with in the lvl 125 to lvl 135 range.

Thanx

You would be better off to just friend a couple level 200 pawns - online Ur isn't a good way to level up, so you might as well be using the strongest pawns available. Well trained Strider pawns probably do the most DPS. Sorcerer and Ranger are also popular choices for Ur fighting pawns.
---
#7HamptonRebelPosted 9/25/2013 5:46:22 PM
10.9 now
#8ACasserPosted 9/25/2013 6:50:55 PM
10.95 here

Lots of familiar names around me on the tablet -- Rocky, kuroken, InfernoRodan, andifirefuse .... does naho7 (Morrigan) belong to you, nhankins?

13Z50P posted...

If your Arisen isn't up to snuff, pawns won't make a whole lot of difference. Your equipment and augments count for a lot, so too will your strategy and tactics. The AI simply cannot be counted upon to do most of the work for you. If you're as far away as your final post in the previous thread implies, changing up pawns won't make up the rest. It's very much on you.
#9nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 7:23:09 PM(edited)
10.95 here as well.

ACasser posted...
.... does naho7 (Morrigan) belong to you, nhankins?

Nope - I've been keeping my alts at a low level, so the only account I use for Ur hunting is my main.

na-ho7 is currently 4th in the Ur rankings, so he/she is one of the people I'm trying to catch up to.
---
#10nhankins7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 3:58:14 AM
---