Pawn Haters?

#1Kr1pl1ng1nfernoPosted 10/4/2013 1:14:47 AM
So I have a 48 Gandalf pawn with Philosipher robes, Dragon's Risen and Lordly Cloak, all dragonforged. Running (in no order) High Comesion, High Levin, Maelstorm, Seism, Gicel (don't bother with high on these because it's too slow, Articulacy+low cast time=better imo) and High Miasma, using Scather/Utilitarian.

He looks as close as I can get him to Gandalf (equipment matches nice too) and he goes to town on anything we come across, yet most of the time when I rest up I get 1-3 star ratings on everything ... Is this just haters, and will anyone truthfuly test him out?

P.S yes I know people here probably have better stuff, but for 48 I think it's pretty good also considering I don't have Dark Arisen yet.

PSN: KripplingInferno (captial K/I) and thank you if you will try him out!
#2Kr1pl1ng1nferno(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 1:18:01 AM
Forgot he might be using different spells, forgot to rest after I switched them lol.
#3nhankins7Posted 10/4/2013 2:58:17 AM(edited)
... drop seism and replace it with something useful
---
PSN: nathan-hankins, Pawn: Nightshade -Lv 200 Sorceress http://i.imgur.com/wLJEPtz.jpg
PSN: nhankins7, Belladonna - Mage ~ PSN: nhankins777, Morrigan - Ranger
#4GalmXIIIPosted 10/4/2013 2:38:04 AM
Consider urself lucky to even still be getting random rentals on vanilla DD, over a year and my pawn still has only 1 rental regardless of what vocation i have had her set to.
---
PSN: GalmXIII, Pawn: Syrra, Level ~150 Warrior (Change on request, Full Abyssal DF+ Most Ur weapons 3* or DF available) Vanilla DD
Need 2xDragonblood rings
#5BoukePosted 10/4/2013 4:20:58 AM
- Your pawn isn't a girl.
- Your setup isn't optimal
- You're playing the wrong version of the game.

But honestly, even if you had the perfect pawn, it's a simple matter of nobody noticing you. It's very difficult for a non Top Ranked pawn to get hired without a lot of advertising/ being active in the community/ having a lot of DD friends on your PSN.
---
PSN: RiverChaucer3rd | Mina | 00 | Sorceress | DA
{Utilitarian/ Challenger} *Send FR for free hires*
#6InfernoRodanPosted 10/4/2013 7:09:14 AM
3-star rents with no gift or comment are from your Pawn dying and not being revived by the person renting him. So that probably covers most of those. Anything less than that is just people being jerks.
---
PSN: InfernoRodan, Pawn: Stella, lvl 200 Strider
Alt: InfernoRodan2, Pawn: Luna, lvl 200 Mage
#7Kr1pl1ng1nferno(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 12:32:57 PM
@nhankins7 - I thought Seism was pretty good for clearing out groups, but I guess I should upgrade to Bolide. Gicel seems pretty useless though, just as long cast time and much lower damage. I only have it because it's pretty bad ass lol. only way it's not useless is for shooting down Griffins.

@GalmXIII - I suppose but bad reviews never seem good :|

@Bouke - I am getting noticed though, just in a bad way lol. What do you mean exactly by "not optimal" ?

@InfernoRodan - Didn't know that, thanks.