Does anyone still play?

#1HazelrahFireflyPosted 12/19/2013 6:52:33 AM
Or at least, do they fight the Ur-Dragon? And, is it worth it?

Here's the thing, I am an Assassin lvl 169, with a lot of great gear fully upgraded from BBI. My pawn is the same way (though I believe she is only 168 for now). Decided after a fifth BBI run that I would take on the Ur-Dragon again. I've fought with him once before almost a year ago and it was tough as nails at the time, but fun and worth it. Last night I went five rounds and noticed two different extremely distressing things. 1) Despite running a party of three 169s and one 168, we did no visible damage. I mean, the Ur-Dragon's health bar may have moved a few millimeters, but nothing close to whatever generation I fought at the beginning of this year. 2) I was apparently the only one fighting the beast. Not only did I not move the health bar, but it didn't move despite fighting and returning four times. If others were contributing to the effort, I would have seen some progress right?

I know that there are different server versions of the Ur-Dragon, but the health bar remained in the exact same spot for all five fights. Are people still playing this game? I took a summer break and am now returned with DA and am utterly addicted. Could it also be that people are simply not concerned with the Ur-Dragon any longer, or only play on the weekends? I am desperately interested in the Abyssnal Bracers (or however they're spelled), but don't want to contribute 6 million personal fights just to kill the Ur-Dragon.
#2HazelhartPosted 12/19/2013 7:24:37 AM(edited)
When I fight him and return right afterwards, he sometimes has less HP, and sometimes the HP has increased. It goes up and down.
---
PSN: DD:DA: Hazelhart, Tacanacy and Bricktorn
Pawns: http://imgur.com/a/4njpa (IMAGES, STATS, INFO)
#3infinitexxPosted 12/19/2013 7:43:03 AM
One need only look at the Ur-Dragon Gen topics to see how often he dies.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#4InfernoRodanPosted 12/19/2013 7:50:47 AM
If you were doing easily visible amounts of damage to the Ur-Dragon at a significantly lower level than you are now, and seeing his health drop significantly between consecutive fights, you must have been fighting him during the original Ur-Dragon hunting event back in May, in which he was made into a complete weakling compared to his normal self. At this point it's been over a year since individual players could consistently do much more than 10% of a single bar of health, even at max level and using stacked boosting items. What you're experiencing now is completely normal.

So yes, people are still fighting him (I'm one of them). It usually takes 2-3 days for him to go down.
---
InfernoRodan - Stella, lvl 200 Strider | InfernoRodan2 - Luna, lvl 200 Mage | InfernoRodan3 - Sol, <150 Ranger
#5HazelrahFirefly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 6:56:50 PM
There is a darn good chance I was fighting him in May, that fits with the timeline well. Well, that pretty much clears that up. I'll keep plugging away, but it is still concerning that it appeared as if 0 damage was done. I understand he's got to be tough in order to withstand everyone who plays, and the fact that he is gen. 408, but still.

It wasn't until this morning that I heard of this grace period for the first time (I've enjoyed refusing to fetch online help for this title). Is it a fairly short window? Is the Ur-Dragon at some version of full health and has to be cheesed into being killed (like by a solo assassin)?
#6HazelrahFirefly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 7:01:42 PM
Another question, if I may be so bold. When it comes to killing him in the GP, can a MF be used, or does he have to be "legitimately" killed, through Peripht usage?
#7Julien-SPosted 12/19/2013 7:17:06 PM
You can use a Maker's Finger in GP, but it will only knock out a single heart (provided you didn't miss). You will still need to destroy any remaining hearts in that round in order to obtain a kill.

GPs last roughly 45 - 60 minutes. In GP, the Ur-Dragon has about 0.03 - 0.05 left on its health bar.

I also suggest you check out the first two posts of any Ur-Dragon Gen topics for more information on GPs.
---
Pawn Community account:
https://game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/en/status-m5.html
#8lordofthenlpplePosted 12/20/2013 2:41:55 AM
Hes too hard...Ive stopped trying
---
Liu Ye and Anais Martanehttp://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
#9HazelrahFirefly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 7:14:10 AM
I've no problems staying alive whilst constantly dealing damage, but I definitely worry about the odds of killing him in one round, despite knowing the strategy of Nighttime Assassin and Conqueror Periapts. I'm not going to go solo, because I've also read that this has been severely nerfed in DA. I am likely to miss out on gen 408, because I rushed my latest playthrough and Fournival is not alive to purchase Periapts from. I don't even have 32 in my inventory, so I have to do a fourth playthrough.