Any other game similar to this one?

#1Rikan_GPosted 3/26/2014 2:12:31 PM
I played this game inside and out and really enjoyed it, but it got a bit repetitive with time. I was just wondering if there is any RPGs similar to this one, for any console ( PS3, Wii, X Box 360)
---
FRIEND CODE: 0559 - 7154 - 8878
PM when you add me, so I can add you too.
#2GixenPosted 3/26/2014 9:53:40 PM
Dark/Demon Souls?
---
PSN: Gixen99 ---- Gixen_Almighty ---- Dark_Gixen
#3RhenonPosted 3/27/2014 9:43:31 AM
Gixen posted...
Dark/Demon Souls?

Not really... DeS and DaS 1 & 2 are completely different. This game has fast and fluid gameplay. Souls games are incredible slow and more punishing. DD = open world exploring. Souls games = area 1 -> boss 1, area 2 -> boss 2, and so on, also linear gameplay with the illusion of open world.

You should try Dark Arisen, if not already happened.
---
PSN:Red-Cetra // Pawn:Rose, Strider (200) - http://i.imgur.com/ze0NMk2.jpg
(Give her 20 Conqueror's Periapts and 150 Blast Arrows for more fun)
#4charmaPosted 3/28/2014 4:26:40 AM
Nier
#5NM_hunterPosted 3/28/2014 5:47:58 AM
Rhenon posted...
Gixen posted...
Dark/Demon Souls?

Not really... DeS and DaS 1 & 2 are completely different. This game has fast and fluid gameplay. Souls games are incredible slow and more punishing. DD = open world exploring. Souls games = area 1 -> boss 1, area 2 -> boss 2, and so on, also linear gameplay with the illusion of open world.

Dark Arisen is practically the same game with just more content. It's not like he'll be playing something 'similar', it's practically a twin game. He's not asking for literally identical that's merely updated with some new stuff. If he feels DD is repetitive then DD:DA isn't going to be any different.

I would say try out Monster Hunter. It might not feel similar at all, but it has many similarities. Think of Dragon's Dogma as a Monster Hunter remade for western audiences. It has gathering, armor/weapon making, huge enemies, and up to four players co-op/online. They're both made by Capcom as well. It's quite possible you might not even like this or feel it's too repetitive. Nonetheless it's a popular game series

When you say similar, I do feel like saying Demon's Souls/Dark Souls I/II. And in fact, check out the gameplay/trailers for it. To me, it's somewhat similar.

If you don't care about those details, but you want open world exploring.. I'm not overly familiar with a lot of them. Oblivion IV and V are some that take place in medieval times, Fallout is another open world series but is post-apocalyptic. I can't say how 'similar' they are but if you just want open world, I can guarantee these games have them.
#6UltimatesTruthPosted 3/29/2014 3:55:04 AM
The Witcher 3, Brother, The Witcher 3 that is.
---
i7 4770K | Asus Maximus VI Formula | G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | NZXT 750w
#7ziraki33Posted 3/30/2014 6:36:46 AM
Rhenon posted...
Gixen posted...
Dark/Demon Souls?

a game to have a open world aspect would mean you can choose where you want to go and it not be completely one path like Army of Two is, both of these games are open world games you're just using that term too literal
#8drclaeysPosted 3/31/2014 3:47:19 AM
Friends,

I came to this thread to see what OTHER people has to say. Because when I read it, I thought to my self. "nothing is like this game". As I read the other posts, I see that that is true.

There are other rpgs, but nothing like with big critters, that you crawl up. Maybe monster hunter, which I have never played, but I dont think that is an rpg.

which is another reason why this game is so good. I would have loved a DD 2.

thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
I have been to Ukraine 3 times, My wife and daughter are from Ukraine. Republicans are SOMEHOW to blame.
#9UltimatesTruthPosted 3/31/2014 3:50:08 AM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

I came to this thread to see what OTHER people has to say. Because when I read it, I thought to my self. "nothing is like this game". As I read the other posts, I see that that is true.

There are other rpgs, but nothing like with big critters, that you crawl up. Maybe monster hunter, which I have never played, but I dont think that is an rpg.

which is another reason why this game is so good. I would have loved a DD 2.

thank you.

Friend, you should try Dark Souls 2, I think you will really get into it.
---
i7 4770K | Asus Maximus VI Formula | G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | NZXT 750w
#10NM_hunterPosted 3/31/2014 8:31:49 AM
drclaeys posted...

Monster Hunter is an Action rpg (arpg), meaning you actually walk/run around and dodge attacks by physically avoiding them. You attack enemies by physically going up to them and smacking them in their face, or shooting with a bow(gun). In MH4/MH4U you'll also be able to climb onto monsters.
On top of the MH (any MH game) page on this site you can even see "3DS >> Role-Playing >> Action RPG". Even on Dragon's Dogma

The term rpg is thrown around so much that everyone has their own definition of it now. I can't even guess what your definition is if you don't consider Monster Hunter to be in the genre of rpg. (What genre is it then?)
mmo/j/a/w/s/rpg are the main 'genres' of rpgs. rpg stands for Role playing game, and if you want to get technical about it then you're playing the role of a hunter. So yes, it's an rpg. Rpg by itself doesn't even mean much at all.

Lastly if you want climbing action, Shadow of the Colossus is where that's at. It, along with Ico, is released on one disc for PS3 as a compilation. But nowhere did TC say that climbing is what he was looking for