Street Fighter X Tekken on PC will not feature local online co-op

#1meestah009Posted 3/27/2012 5:28:53 AM
If the exclusion of local online co-op on the Xbox 360 was a time issue then why does it have to be the PC's problem also since they had much more development time and knowledge (PC's a port of the 360 version)?

Unrelated but don't expect the 12 "DLC"characters to be on the PC version disc. I doubt Capcom's gonna let us just have those 12 characters for free since PC modding is a thousand times easier than console (copy, paste, and rename files), though I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/26/street-fighter-x-tekken-pc-will-not-feature-local-online-co-op/

Street Fighter X Tekken is being released on the PC May 11, 2012 and will use Games for Windows Live.

With GFWL and Xbox Live being almost virtually the same (gamertag, achievements, ect) it prompted the question about local online co-op.

Will the PC version of Street Fighter X Tekken have Local Online Co-op? - Shredder

Svensson: With regard to this feature, it will function identically to the X360 version, which does not have couch co-op that can go online.

Via: Ask Capcom forum and submitted by an anonymous reader.

Don't expect something like this to be modded in later, either. Stuff that involves actual programming and coding isn't at all like costume/character swapping. For example, people tried for a long time to mod Resident Evil 5 PC to include local co-op but were never successful. They also tried getting RE5 Gold content from consoles to work on PC but could not get that to happen, either.
#2nhatPosted 4/3/2012 6:24:35 AM
meestah009 posted...

Don't expect something like this to be modded in later, either. Stuff that involves actual programming and coding isn't at all like costume/character swapping. For example, people tried for a long time to mod Resident Evil 5 PC to include local co-op but were never successful. They also tried getting RE5 Gold content from consoles to work on PC but could not get that to happen, either.

I believe RE5 PC they were able to put local co-op in only because it was just disabled in some config files. If it's that easy, it might happen again in SFxT but most people will be playing online anyways.
---
PSO- 09
#3Zero254Posted 4/3/2012 10:57:06 AM
No doubt the port will come from the 360's files.

Just like all of their other games.

Needless to say, yes it will support it official or not.
---
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4318/sadhurtzeldarw8.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1761/sadhurtzeldaburnbh0.jpg
Official Roll player of vs games.
#4nhatPosted 4/3/2012 12:03:59 PM
Zero254 posted...
No doubt the port will come from the 360's files.

Just like all of their other games.

Needless to say, yes it will support it official or not.

It depends if the files are in there like in RE5 to do it. You can't recompile the game if you don't have the original code.
---
PSO- 09
#5meestah009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 4:13:51 AM

I believe RE5 PC they were able to put local co-op in only because it was just disabled in some config files. If it's that easy, it might happen again in SFxT but most people will be playing online anyways.

Well I'll be damned. Just checked one of the old RE5 modding sites I used to go to and they really did it. Too bad no one's found a way to do it with Mercenaries. Still can't get Excella in the game, either. Looks like they're still only at a headless Excella, which was where they were at last time I checked about year ago.

Anyways, still don't think modding can fix the issues that will be in SFxT. Modders can only change what's in-game. They're not wizards who can create stuff out of nothing, especially when it comes to console ports. Some people are too old-school in their views of modding. This isn't old-school Unreal Tournament or Quake, where the coding was so free that you could create brand new games out of those games.

And with Ono confirming that the "DLC" content won't be on the disc for the PC version, there's even less motivation to get this game.
---
Suckaz need to wash dey ass...
#6nhatPosted 4/4/2012 5:18:40 AM
meestah009 posted...
Well I'll be damned. Just checked one of the old RE5 modding sites I used to go to and they really did it. Too bad no one's found a way to do it with Mercenaries. Still can't get Excella in the game, either. Looks like they're still only at a headless Excella, which was where they were at last time I checked about year ago.

Anyways, still don't think modding can fix the issues that will be in SFxT. Modders can only change what's in-game. They're not wizards who can create stuff out of nothing, especially when it comes to console ports. Some people are too old-school in their views of modding. This isn't old-school Unreal Tournament or Quake, where the coding was so free that you could create brand new games out of those games.

And with Ono confirming that the "DLC" content won't be on the disc for the PC version, there's even less motivation to get this game.

Well as I mentioned in my last post yeah they don't have the source code so the files have to be there to do it.
---
PSO- 09
#7john_4_pPosted 4/16/2012 5:53:30 AM
You can just use 2 controllers mapped to the same buttons (e.g. via JoyToKey).
#8ThugglesPosted 4/30/2012 1:47:01 PM
Yeah but there's online coop.. right?
---
Steam ID: thuggles