Per Ono, PC version will NOT have the 12 "DLC" characters on disc

#1meestah009Posted 4/2/2012 1:30:13 AM

https://twitter.com/#!/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/186429195352682496

Didn't think they would since "hacking" (if you want to call copy, pasting, and renaming a few files "hacking") this on the PC would've been infinitely easier compared to consoles. Of course Capcom knows this as well. Everyone who though they were gonna be able to use the 12 DLC characters (and most likely the extra costumes for everyone) in May on PC should've known better.

It's nice to know they had time to take this content out (including taking the extra steps necessary to turn all this 'DLC' content into stuff you'd actually have to download) but left us the sound bugs and the lack of 2v2 online with a partner on the same Xbox 360. And NO, 'mods fix everything' doesn't apply to these issues.
#2dreamcleaverPosted 4/2/2012 1:37:40 AM
Nobody going to buy this game anyway so what does it matter?
#3meestah009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2012 1:48:10 AM
True, but a lot of people thought they were gonna be able to pirate this and get the 12 DLC characters in May too.
---
Suckaz need to wash dey ass...
#4nhatPosted 4/2/2012 9:18:31 AM
dreamcleaver posted...
Nobody going to buy this game anyway so what does it matter?

If a game is good, people are going to buy it. If you think it sucks than obviously you're not, lol
---
PSO- 09
#5jlee123Posted 4/2/2012 12:25:57 PM(edited)
How's that going to work? They'll have to force everyone to download them at some point, otherwise they won't be compatible with people who buy (ha!) them. The way I see it, they'll release a patch at some point that contains them all and someone will hack it anyways. Waste of everyone's time.

Smarter method would be to provide an olive branch to PC gamers for these massive delays with releases and patches on their PC ports and provide the extra characters for free. They lose nothing (nobody's going to pay for them on PC anyway), and score PR points rather than looking like clueless fools.

I mean, they must know they're releasing right next to the juggernaut that is Diablo III. You'd think they'd be tripping over themselves to give the game as much positive attention as possible.
#6nhatPosted 4/2/2012 3:20:18 PM
jlee123 posted...
How's that going to work? They'll have to force everyone to download them at some point, otherwise they won't be compatible with people who buy (ha!) them. The way I see it, they'll release a patch at some point that contains them all and someone will hack it anyways. Waste of everyone's time.

Smarter method would be to provide an olive branch to PC gamers for these massive delays with releases and patches on their PC ports and provide the extra characters for free. They lose nothing (nobody's going to pay for them on PC anyway), and score PR points rather than looking like clueless fools.

I mean, they must know they're releasing right next to the juggernaut that is Diablo III. You'd think they'd be tripping over themselves to give the game as much positive attention as possible.

Apparently future releases will be compatible with the older releases.
---
PSO- 09
#7meestah009(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 4:37:03 AM
If they're still going to release this content to the PC version then they'll just include all this content in an "update" so everyone's game will be compatible and make us pay to unlock/use it. I'm guessing that, once again, PC gamers will have to wait a few months for this stuff. Capcom doesn't give free stuff (at least anything significant) to anyone, even console users.
---
Suckaz need to wash dey ass...
#8Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 4/4/2012 6:06:08 PM
It makes perfect sense for Capcom to do this with the PC release. However it seems like a major backpedal on their parts. They should have done this from the get go and kept quiet about the Vita version getting all 12 DLC characters for free...

....but I will have to second the "no one is going to buy this" notion...and even when the DLC hits... that's going to get cracked as well >_>
#9FFandMMfanPosted 4/4/2012 9:12:36 PM
I just hope they don't make us wait 3 months after the console version gets the DLC characters to be able to get them.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/FFandMMfan
I'm gonna tear it apart and rebuild it twice as good! I-I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass! - Kanji Tatsumi
#10kuaikukiaPosted 4/7/2012 4:10:07 AM
Smart move but. I don't care about SFXT anymore. I just wanted they release SF4AE 2012 1.07 patch for PC as soon as possible.