Is it true that Off the Record comes with Case: Zero and Case: West?

#1JeriakimefuPosted 9/23/2011 12:43:57 PM
I was told that Dead Rising 2: Off the Record comes with all the DLC for the original DR2, including, Case: Zero, Case: West, and all the DLC outfits.

Can anyone confirm this? It's the deciding factor on whether or not I'll buy this game.
---
-
"Frost is a combination of two things I love; Sub-Zero and breasts." - CarnageElite
#2OhHiRenanPosted 9/23/2011 12:52:38 PM
That's false and Case Zero and Case West are not DLC.
#3Jeriakimefu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 1:00:27 PM
Oh well. I know this game already starts off cheaper than a normal game, but I'm hoping it drops in price really quick. There's too many other games coming out and I can't really justify buying this on release anymore.

Thank you for the response.
---
-
"Frost is a combination of two things I love; Sub-Zero and breasts." - CarnageElite
#4HatchetHoundPosted 9/23/2011 2:50:34 PM
Now that would actually make it worth $40.
---
I'm in a man's apartment and I'm addicted to spray paint.
That is ALL you need to KNOW!
#5FredCat07Posted 9/24/2011 4:11:55 AM
Those extra part (Case Zero and West) are directly for original DR2, which playing by Chuck Greene - not Frank West.

It's because this game is not exist in same timeline Original DR2 does. West just arrived and only know Chuck by look at him - he used television to learn the fact about Chuck's frame.
---
Yes, despite his grammar I can tell he's quite intelligent. He's also always willing to help others who play this game. I too appreciate that. ~Golden_Key33
#6GrimMTrixXPosted 9/24/2011 4:54:40 AM
WHy are people mad about $40? its still a full game. yes its a "what if" game with some recycled areas of DR2, but its still got new survivors, sandbox mode, i assume it still has TIR, and different story stuff with only a few rehashed scene sbut all having Frank in it. Seems worth $40 for me since its still the same god length like DR 2 was. I dunno maybe its just cuz I love DR games that $40 seems like an amazing price, as I expected it to be a $60 game.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX -www.glitchytasty.com -Video Game News and Reviews
#7Jeriakimefu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2011 9:13:35 AM
GrimMTrixX posted...
WHy are people mad about $40? its still a full game. yes its a "what if" game with some recycled areas of DR2, but its still got new survivors, sandbox mode, i assume it still has TIR, and different story stuff with only a few rehashed scene sbut all having Frank in it. Seems worth $40 for me since its still the same god length like DR 2 was. I dunno maybe its just cuz I love DR games that $40 seems like an amazing price, as I expected it to be a $60 game.

I agree $40 is a fantastic price for those that have never played Dead Rising 2. But I have played DR2 and I was hoping for a little more incentive. If it did include Case: Zero and Case: West + all DLC costumes, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But since it doesn't I have to ask myself if playing DR2 in a Frank skin and a few extras is worth $40, and it isn't.

It's worth $20 though, so I'll just wait until it drops down to that price. On the bright side, the money I saved here can be used on another game I had my eye on.
---
-
#8Ninja_GaignunPosted 9/24/2011 9:20:48 AM
Just to let ya know Grim, the TIR modes were removed.
---
I would give you my heart. But I couldn't get it out. So I got you this one from a hobo.
#9GrimMTrixXPosted 9/24/2011 10:08:59 AM
Meh whatever $40 is alays the price when they rehash a game. See super street fighter 4, halo anniversary, ultimate mvc3, etc...etc.. so I expected it. Sure u played dr W but it is more than just some little differences. They said some different psychos and survivors, things are done differently than when u were chuck, so it is a full game. That sucks that TIR was out but not a deal breaker. The camera mechanic back makes the game different too.

To me $40 is perfect. $20 would be if they LITERALLY just made chuck into frank and that's it. But there's new dialogue and tons of stuff, plus sandbox mode. Since I already own case west and case zero and killed them both, it wouldn't matter to me if they were in.

I do get what u guys are saying though. I'm waiting to get it cuz I'm busy playing other games, so it prob won't be $40 by the time I get around to it early next year so it doesn't really matter. Ill be busy with shadow of the colossus/Ico and currently in a star wars kick and playing force unleashed 2 and also gotta finish deus ex. So I'm set. Lol then november is modern warfare 3, zelda, and wwe 12, so I'm good for a while.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX -www.glitchytasty.com -Video Game News and Reviews
#10HatchetHoundPosted 9/24/2011 11:02:49 PM
$20 would be if they LITERALLY just made chuck into frank and that's it.

That would basically equate to DR2s costume DLC. You're saying a Frank costume would be worth $20?
---
I'm in a man's apartment and I'm addicted to spray paint.
That is ALL you need to KNOW!