Is it true that Off the Record comes with Case: Zero and Case: West?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  3. Is it true that Off the Record comes with Case: Zero and Case: West?

User Info: Jeriakimefu

Jeriakimefu
5 years ago#1
I was told that Dead Rising 2: Off the Record comes with all the DLC for the original DR2, including, Case: Zero, Case: West, and all the DLC outfits.

Can anyone confirm this? It's the deciding factor on whether or not I'll buy this game.
-
"Frost is a combination of two things I love; Sub-Zero and breasts." - CarnageElite

User Info: OhHiRenan

OhHiRenan
5 years ago#2
That's false and Case Zero and Case West are not DLC.

Jeriakimefu
5 years ago#3
Oh well. I know this game already starts off cheaper than a normal game, but I'm hoping it drops in price really quick. There's too many other games coming out and I can't really justify buying this on release anymore.

Thank you for the response.
-
"Frost is a combination of two things I love; Sub-Zero and breasts." - CarnageElite

User Info: HatchetHound

HatchetHound
5 years ago#4
Now that would actually make it worth $40.
I'm in a man's apartment and I'm addicted to spray paint.
That is ALL you need to KNOW!

User Info: FredCat07

FredCat07
5 years ago#5
Those extra part (Case Zero and West) are directly for original DR2, which playing by Chuck Greene - not Frank West.

It's because this game is not exist in same timeline Original DR2 does. West just arrived and only know Chuck by look at him - he used television to learn the fact about Chuck's frame.
Yes, despite his grammar I can tell he's quite intelligent. He's also always willing to help others who play this game. I too appreciate that. ~Golden_Key33

User Info: GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX
5 years ago#6
WHy are people mad about $40? its still a full game. yes its a "what if" game with some recycled areas of DR2, but its still got new survivors, sandbox mode, i assume it still has TIR, and different story stuff with only a few rehashed scene sbut all having Frank in it. Seems worth $40 for me since its still the same god length like DR 2 was. I dunno maybe its just cuz I love DR games that $40 seems like an amazing price, as I expected it to be a $60 game.
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX -www.glitchytasty.com -Video Game News and Reviews

Jeriakimefu
5 years ago#7
GrimMTrixX posted...
WHy are people mad about $40? its still a full game. yes its a "what if" game with some recycled areas of DR2, but its still got new survivors, sandbox mode, i assume it still has TIR, and different story stuff with only a few rehashed scene sbut all having Frank in it. Seems worth $40 for me since its still the same god length like DR 2 was. I dunno maybe its just cuz I love DR games that $40 seems like an amazing price, as I expected it to be a $60 game.

I agree $40 is a fantastic price for those that have never played Dead Rising 2. But I have played DR2 and I was hoping for a little more incentive. If it did include Case: Zero and Case: West + all DLC costumes, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But since it doesn't I have to ask myself if playing DR2 in a Frank skin and a few extras is worth $40, and it isn't.

It's worth $20 though, so I'll just wait until it drops down to that price. On the bright side, the money I saved here can be used on another game I had my eye on.
-

User Info: Ninja_Gaignun

Ninja_Gaignun
5 years ago#8
Just to let ya know Grim, the TIR modes were removed.
I would give you my heart. But I couldn't get it out. So I got you this one from a hobo.

User Info: GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX
5 years ago#9
Meh whatever $40 is alays the price when they rehash a game. See super street fighter 4, halo anniversary, ultimate mvc3, etc...etc.. so I expected it. Sure u played dr W but it is more than just some little differences. They said some different psychos and survivors, things are done differently than when u were chuck, so it is a full game. That sucks that TIR was out but not a deal breaker. The camera mechanic back makes the game different too.

To me $40 is perfect. $20 would be if they LITERALLY just made chuck into frank and that's it. But there's new dialogue and tons of stuff, plus sandbox mode. Since I already own case west and case zero and killed them both, it wouldn't matter to me if they were in.

I do get what u guys are saying though. I'm waiting to get it cuz I'm busy playing other games, so it prob won't be $40 by the time I get around to it early next year so it doesn't really matter. Ill be busy with shadow of the colossus/Ico and currently in a star wars kick and playing force unleashed 2 and also gotta finish deus ex. So I'm set. Lol then november is modern warfare 3, zelda, and wwe 12, so I'm good for a while.
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX -www.glitchytasty.com -Video Game News and Reviews

User Info: HatchetHound

HatchetHound
5 years ago#10
$20 would be if they LITERALLY just made chuck into frank and that's it.

That would basically equate to DR2s costume DLC. You're saying a Frank costume would be worth $20?
I'm in a man's apartment and I'm addicted to spray paint.
That is ALL you need to KNOW!
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  3. Is it true that Off the Record comes with Case: Zero and Case: West?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived