Dead rising 2 or Off the Record

#1loganphoenixPosted 6/22/2013 12:07:39 AM
So I loved the first game, played it several times over. Sadly when the second one came out I didn't get a chance to play it too much, I'm in the military and played it once until I had to pack it up due to moving and by the time I was able to play again, it got lost in my backlog. When I got back into it, I got to the boss fight with the two girls and after several tries moved on to another game. A few months ago I popped it in and surprisingly beat that boss fight with ease, but again it got lost in the shuffle.

I felt like 2 was harder than the first game and almost seemed to want you to focus more on the side missions and grinding levels your first play through, or honestly I could have just been trying to rush through a few years ago.

I did get a chance to play Off the Record once and it seemed like with sandbox mode and some other features it would be a lot of fun.

So I plan on picking one of these games up soon (on ps3, my Xbox is on its last leg) and I was wondering which game is the better out of the 2? Which game has the most replay? I should also say that while the trailer or dead rising 3 has peaked my interest, I'm not as worried about off the record not being cannon, I don't plan on jumping to the next gen for at least a year, and haven't decided which system to go with, so DR3 might not even be an issue.

Thanks for any help
#2loganphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:20:18 PM
Bump
#3ZeratulthekingPosted 6/28/2013 9:11:50 AM
I preferred the story on off the record dispite it being non-cannon, it seemed to fit better with the character and why you were there vs O I have to clear my name but somehow wouldn't get out of dodge if that was the only reason for being there after doing so.

As for difficulty I found DR2 a lot easier as the survivors were basically neglible at best after you got them since you had to work to get them killed. In the first game you could easily get them killed/overrun. I've seen videos of survivors being swarmed by Spoilers gas zombies end spoiler. and be 100% fine, so there you go.

I would definatley recommend playing off the record over dr2 if you dont care about the story at all though as the skillset is better suited for zombie killing and doesn't force multiple playthroughs to get achievements like DR2 did. It is also more fun IMHO.
#4Frozenx07Posted 7/4/2013 10:22:29 PM
I definitely recommend Off The Record. Uranus Zone is a great addition and Sandbox Mode is never boring! (^_^)
#5LiqiudusSnakePosted 7/13/2013 11:29:21 AM
OtR times infinity
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#6TheThirdDayPosted 7/24/2013 2:58:40 PM
This is relevant to my interests. Glad this topic was created.

I'm in the same boat as TC. If I go for OtR, is there any reason to buy DR2 as well, or will OtR give me pretty much everything DR2 had to offer? I'd definitely prefer to play as Frank, seeing as how photo taking was one of my favorite aspects from the first one.
---
Waluigi is the coolest Mario Character.
Period.
#7OllyKiriyamaPosted 8/11/2013 1:54:21 AM
If you have XBL Gold, DR2 is free later this month.
---
Xbox Live/PSN: OllyKiriyama
Steam ID: mini_gimli
#8ghstbstrPosted 8/15/2013 11:37:13 AM
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is a lot better. That is only because Frank West is one of the coolest video game characters ever!
---
GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!!
#9TheThirdDayPosted 8/20/2013 9:11:35 AM
OllyKiriyama posted...
If you have XBL Gold, DR2 is free later this month.

How do you acquire this information? Because as it happens, I ended up buying OtR and DR2 went free literally two days later. >_>
---
Waluigi is the coolest Mario character, and Resident Evil 6 was fantastic;
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.