My idea for Street Fighter 5

#61SSF2Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 2:46:51 PM
Street Fighter EX counts as Street Fighter, albeit created by Arika. So, therefore, I count the likes of Ace, Allen, Area, Blair, C. Jack, the Cycloids, D. Dark, Darun, Garuda, Hayate, Hokuto, Kairi, Nanase, Pullum Purna, Shadowgeist, Sharon, Skullomania, and V. Rosso as part of the "Street Fighter family."

For the record, the following fighters are from Europe:
Abel, Birdie, Blair, Cammy, D. Dark, Dudley, Eagle, Hugo, Juli, Juni, Necro, Remy, Rose, Shadowgeist, Sharon, Twelve, Vega, V. Rosso, and Zangief

And they are Fench, British, German, Russian, Italian, and Spanish by nationality. Isn't it time we had more European fighters from other countries? I'd like to see the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Ukraine, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and Greece get some representation.

About the SNK issue, the stories of Sven, Inga, and Olaf interwine into one story. And, in the game, they do not fight as a team.

Jae Lim is actually male and looks kinda like Hwoarang.

T. Hawk is not the only Mexican in the SF series. Let's not forget El Fuerte.

Sorry about that. I thought it would be appropriate to have new characters from other countries. After all, there are more Bruce Lee clones than Fei Long. And we can't dominate fighting games with Bruce Lee clones.
#62MageggPosted 8/20/2012 4:19:05 PM(edited)
SSF2Fan posted...
Street Fighter EX counts as Street Fighter, albeit created by Arika. So, therefore, I count the likes of Ace, Allen, Area, Blair, C. Jack, the Cycloids, D. Dark, Darun, Garuda, Hayate, Hokuto, Kairi, Nanase, Pullum Purna, Shadowgeist, Sharon, Skullomania, and V. Rosso as part of the "Street Fighter family."

They're not. Their stories are not even canon, and they're unable to come back to Street Fighter since the rights are owned by Arika and not by Capcom.

SSF2Fan posted...
Isn't it time we had more European fighters from other countries? I'd like to see the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Ukraine, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and Greece get some representation.

Oh, you got a right. But don't expect to find all those nationalities right in the next game ;)
I don't even have an idea what martial arts are original from those countries, it will be difficult for Capcom to get inspired to create good characters from those countries, and

it's not like Capcom's gonna suddenly consider they need a big bunch of European characters. Also, Japanese (and me neither) don't see easily a difference between all those countries and they're not very attractive to them.

It's like saying they need more Latin America representation and it would be nice to see representatives from Chile (let's put a condor woman), Peru (a Cuzco explorer), Argentina (a gaucho fighter), Ecuador (one of three Latin America guardians), Venezuela (other Latin America guardian), Belize, Colombia (a girl who looks like Shakira) and Uruguay (third guardian guy). How attractive would that be? What interest would Japanese have in seeing characters from those countries represented (when they surely do know too little about how people from those countries are)?

Why not putting characters representatives from Asia instead: street fighters from Laos, Indonesia, the Phillipines, Malaysia, Kuwait and Mongolia? After all, Capcom's located in Asia.

Or maybe Africa needs more representatives? New characters from Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, El Congo, Guinea, Ghana, Madasgascar, Moroco, Tanzania, Tunisia...?

It's not going to happen! The roster must be attractive by being balanced, not suddenly picking a continent and putting characters from every country of it, from nation no one knows and not even have a martial art to represent.
The appeal must be international, and that means adding characters from famous countries (for example, Mexico and Brazil from Latin America, England and France from Europe...), or with interesting exotic fighting styles (like Turkey's Hakan oil wrestling).

Maybe ONE odd country (remember we had characters from Sweden, Ireland or Austria in the SNK games... But in KOF games characters look more generic and not much of a country representation) could do it, but not as many. Capcom's simply not like that.
I'd give a shot to these countries: Greece, Canada and Egypt, since they're very famous and recognizable, but you must be kidding if you think you're going to see Belgium, Ukrayne or Denmark on Street Fighter.

SSF2Fan posted...
About the SNK issue, the stories of Sven, Inga, and Olaf interwine into one story.

That's something they haven't done in Street Fighter.

SSF2Fan posted...
Jae Lim is actually male and looks kinda like Hwoarang.

Hwoarang rip-off is not a nice idea.

SSF2Fan posted...
T. Hawk is not the only Mexican in the SF series. Let's not forget El Fuerte.

El Fuerte was introduced because they wanted to include a Luchador. In part because the new graphics made possible a true Lucha libre attacks show up.
#63SSF2Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 5:26:23 PM
I think the EX folks are actually the black sheep of the Street Fighter family. However, we have to remind you that anyone who is from a Street Fighter game is a Street Fighter, even the EX folks.

I respect your candor about the exclusion of nations, but it's time to add more nations cause we've recently added Turkey and South Korea. Plus Capcom has a branch in Europe.

Jae Lim (the preliminary name for the Korean guy) wouldn't have orange hair like Hwoarang, but he will dress like him.
#64esak1erPosted 8/21/2012 12:23:37 PM
SSF2Fan posted...
I think the EX folks are actually the black sheep of the Street Fighter family. However, we have to remind you that anyone who is from a Street Fighter game is a Street Fighter, even the EX folks.

I respect your candor about the exclusion of nations, but it's time to add more nations cause we've recently added Turkey and South Korea. Plus Capcom has a branch in Europe.

Jae Lim (the preliminary name for the Korean guy) wouldn't have orange hair like Hwoarang, but he will dress like him.

Dude, You are not actually creating SF5! Why are you spending so much time on your (bad at that) hypothetical ideas?
---
PSN-KASE1ER
Currently Playing,SFXT, SCV, RE 5 Gold, AE 2012, UMVC3, Castlevania SOTN and VF5-FS.
#65SSF2Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 8:40:43 AM
The reason why I'm making this is because I want to work for Capcom. Let's face it, Killian and Ono are gone, so someone should take their places in the fighting game planning.

Besides, there are I other things I do during my free time. However, I'm thinking about making the Street Fighter 5 game since Killian and Ono are gone.
#66esak1erPosted 8/22/2012 10:00:50 AM(edited)
SSF2Fan posted...
The reason why I'm making this is because I want to work for Capcom. Let's face it, Killian and Ono are gone, so someone should take their places in the fighting game planning.

Besides, there are I other things I do during my free time. However, I'm thinking about making the Street Fighter 5 game since Killian and Ono are gone.

So kilian and ono are gone and Capcom is going to hire random people from gamefaqs? Do you have any idea how silly that sounds. Do you gave any experience in video games or any other form of digital media other than being a fan? Do you think Capcom doesn't have like 1000I people that already work for them that are dying fir the chance to work on one of the companies premier titles?
---
PSN-KASE1ER
Currently Playing,SFXT, SCV, RE 5 Gold, AE 2012, UMVC3, Castlevania SOTN and VF5-FS.
#67ninjafury10212Posted 8/22/2012 12:02:56 PM
I hope you never get a job in Capcom with your ideas. :/
#68SSF2Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 2:18:09 PM
Actually, I have more ideas for Capcom franchises:

Mega Man 11 (with eight new robot masters)
Mega Man X9 (the Mavericks being Flame Camel, Ice Polar Bear, Laser Ladybug, Spark Cheetah, Tidal Dolphin, Spike Hedgehog, Tornado Albatross, and Earthquake Orangutan)
Captain Commando 2 (I want him to come back)
Capcom vs. SNK 3 (my longtime obsession since Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was announced)
Strider 3
Dark Stalkers X Soul Calibur
Dark Stalkers 4 (with newcomers Ruby Heart, Amingo, Fred, and Giovanni)
Rival Schools 3
Ghosts N Goblins 3
Resident Evil Origins (the origins of Jill, Chris, and Wesker)
Devil May Cry Alpha (where you can play as Dante and Trish)
Quiz and Dragons 2
Capcom Party (similar to Pac Man Party)
Dark Stalkers vs. Avengers
Angry Birds
#69onewingedsephPosted 8/22/2012 2:24:44 PM
lol...oh boy...
---
XBL-Gametag: elwoodblues0985 // PSN: elwoodblues85 Main: Guy - SFIVAE
#70MageggPosted 8/22/2012 4:28:14 PM
Don't see how that's bad, TC is obviously intellectually hyperactive, I wish him luck ^^