Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Grand Finals Live Stream Discussion Dec 8th

#21DougEInstructorPosted 12/7/2012 8:53:20 PM
AlbedoX posted...
DougEInstructor posted...
If Justin Wong wins this will he cement his legacy as the best fighting game player in history?

I don't see how at all. Players like Daigo and Tokido have achieved more than he has.

Justin won 7 Evos in a row. Daigo won like 3 or 4? Tokido won none.
#22Shoryuken34(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:17:13 PM
SMP_hehwat posted...
AlbedoX posted...
If Justin Wong wins this will he cement his legacy as the best fighting game player in history?

I don't see how at all. Players like Daigo and Tokido have achieved more than he has.

daigo yes but not tokido. Justin is a multi game talent. He won MK, mvc and SF.

lol Tokido has def achieved more than J Wong, Tokido wins multiple games at almost every major he attends
#23AlbedoXPosted 12/7/2012 11:25:27 PM
AlbedoX posted...

Eh...how many Japanese tournaments has Justin won? None. Why do you think everything revolves around the US? Most of the time Daigo or Tokido aren't winning Evos because they aren't entering Evos, just like Japan isn't winning any Japanese tournaments because he doesn't enter them...except all the times he entered SBO and lost first round (how many times has it been...4?).

Open your eyes you scrub, a very very very small percentage of the best players in the world actually travel to Evo. Evo is not the center of fighting game tournaments. SBO is a higher caliber tournament in terms of player skill, though perhaps not quantity of players.
#24AlbedoXPosted 12/7/2012 11:26:26 PM
Ugh typo..." just like Wong isn't winning any Japanese tournaments because he doesn't enter them" is what I meant.
#25DougEInstructorPosted 12/8/2012 12:20:34 AM(edited)
AlbedoX posted...
AlbedoX posted...

Eh...how many Japanese tournaments has Justin won? None. Why do you think everything revolves around the US? Most of the time Daigo or Tokido aren't winning Evos because they aren't entering Evos, just like Japan isn't winning any Japanese tournaments because he doesn't enter them...except all the times he entered SBO and lost first round (how many times has it been...4?).

Open your eyes you scrub, a very very very small percentage of the best players in the world actually travel to Evo. Evo is not the center of fighting game tournaments. SBO is a higher caliber tournament in terms of player skill, though perhaps not quantity of players.

Justin won SBO this year.
#26OtakuGameraPosted 12/8/2012 1:09:06 AM
Justin won SBO this year.

UMvC3 board that way --->
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#27KappaMonsterPosted 12/8/2012 1:57:05 AM(edited)
AlbedoX posted...

EVO is not the center of FG tournaments? You have got to be kidding me when you said that. Its the must go tournament and more international players coming in each year.

SBO is getting worse and worse each year and it has led to the point where it has become outdated and the organizers themselves have become stubborn. They are no longer the premiere tourney that was adored by the entire community over the years. By the way, the single elimination is not even popular by the Japanese communities.

You probably don't believe me, but this is the evolution in the last several years and also Kayane's disheartening thoughts about the event:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Azd3jdWCcAArnu9.jpg:large

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=425729710810849&id=111929645524192

Sooner or later, SBO will reach its end unless it cleans up its act and get with the program especially when you have stuff like IPL coming and EVO getting bigger.
---
"putting "Shoryuken/SRK" on your user name makes you better at fighting games. oh wait, no it doesn't." -ER.MCZ Tatsu
#28AlbedoXPosted 12/8/2012 8:34:08 AM
KappaMonster posted...

EVO is not the center of FG tournaments? You have got to be kidding me when you said that. Its the must go tournament and more international players coming in each year.

For the prize money, sure. It's a pretty big tournament but the level of play is not as high. Most international top players don't have the money to travel to it. There's also the fact that SBO requires qualifiers, so the players that end up in SBO are always top notch, except arguably the players that qualify outside of Japan.

SBO is getting worse and worse each year and it has led to the point where it has become outdated and the organizers themselves have become stubborn. They are no longer the premiere tourney that was adored by the entire community over the years.

No I agree with you in terms of struggling in presentation-wise, but the level of play is still pretty much as high as it always was. It's dying due to lack of money and the way they handle things lately is pretty questionable.

I'm thinking Godsgarden is going to take over the Japanese tournaments if SBO doesn't get their act together.
#29SMP_hehwatPosted 12/8/2012 8:45:07 AM
sbo is wack the best japanese tournement is godsgarden. EVO is great because a large amount of international players do make it and its also a stamina contest because there are so many players to beat just to make it to top 16. A lot of strong players get eliminated early at evo because of this. People dont know this but poongko nearly got eliminated in pools by a random thawk and uryo got beat by arturo in pools.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dc7wcaPTbw
cuties
#30vejetaPosted 12/8/2012 9:48:24 AM
Is AE the last event on stream?
---
SSBB FC: 0302 - 1298 - 2022 Name: Jab
PSN: Jab_187