ex GreenHand beats Seth's s.HP after Gief lands from jump?

#1The IcecreamManPosted 12/8/2012 5:43:58 PM
Every time my gief jumps a sonic boom, many Seth users use S.HP when he lands. Using ex hand stuffs it all the time.

I have yet to see this fail. Is this guranteed? Or did the lag mess up the timing for seth?
---
MW3 (Wii): GI-Jew
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii): John (US Server)
#2Shoryuken34Posted 12/8/2012 5:45:33 PM
its should work because ex gh is hit invincible
#3Red MinotaurPosted 12/9/2012 1:24:55 AM
Seth can easily AA gief with dp, fst.mp, or fst.mk, no idea why he would ever choose to use stretchy arms. If he has enough time to react and try to fst.hp you, he can just throw a safe boom instead. To answer your question OP, yes it's probably possible if you empty jump into exgh range and Seth attempts to AA you with fst.hp, but if that situation comes up consistently you're playing a terrible seth to begin with.
---
"Some things are worth waiting for?!"
#4The IcecreamMan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 11:07:24 AM
I think we're on the wrong page.

Whenever gief jumps his sonic booms, the rival seth will stretch his arms to try and hit gief on his landing. But if Gief immediately does Ex. Hand, it will stuff his stretchy arms.

I don't think Seth has enough time to do any AA against Gief after Gief jumps his Sonic Booms and lands outside of any AA range. Well, except maybe his ultra 1?
---
MW3 (Wii): GI-Jew
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii): John (US Server)
#5Red MinotaurPosted 12/10/2012 1:57:16 AM
Nope, Seth can't AA Gief if he's outside maximum fst.mp or dp range (though late forward jumping a lp.boom from full screen gives Seth enough time to dash forward DP). Seth can't use U1 while there's a boom on the screen. You can probably stuff fst.hp with a j.mk actually.
---
"Some things are worth waiting for?!"
#6pAceyzPosted 12/10/2012 5:21:54 AM
It's all frames and hitboxes. I assume Gief would be hit while he is landing from a jump but if Seth is too late then you will be able to EX GH before you are hit and blow through it. Not that I'd recommend doing that.