Question for Bison ( Dictator) players. Who do you Sub?

#1justin_OnealPosted 12/8/2012 6:25:51 PM
I was considering Guile, or maybe Vega. ( Claw )
---
SSF4AE: Dictator & Guile. Also Playing: Final Fantasy 8 and Final Fantasy 13-2.
#2hyperskate65Posted 12/9/2012 12:24:27 AM
The only Bison main I know subs Vega as well.

I also know a Justin O'Neal. Weird. But not really.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#3Billgo_UmeharaPosted 12/9/2012 12:30:28 AM
Vega is the closest thing next to Dictator
#4justin_Oneal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 2:21:35 PM
Maybe I'm that j oneal, who knows...

Anyway, I figured guile wasn't a bad bet. It would cover dictators worst mu. Well, I believe guile is his worst.. Seems that way to me, it would also give me better options against Honda I really hate the bison Honda mu.
---
#5hyperskate65Posted 12/9/2012 3:03:14 PM
I doubt it. The Justin O'Neal I know only has one good arm, so I doubt he'd play fighting games, let alone charge characters.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#6justin_Oneal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 3:27:45 PM
hyperskate65 posted...
I doubt it. The Justin O'Neal I know only has one good arm, so I doubt he'd play fighting games, let alone charge characters.

Yeah, I don't think that's me.
---
#7datdudeMcCoyPosted 12/9/2012 3:59:42 PM(edited)
justin_Oneal posted...

Anyway, I figured guile wasn't a bad bet. It would cover dictators worst mu. Well, I believe guile is his worst.. Seems that way to me, it would also give me better options against Honda I really hate the bison Honda mu.

if u block a jab headbutt u cant punish but if he does medium or heavy (u can tell by his range) you can punish with hk scissor.

dont try to hk the stop sign unless its poorly spaced (hondas body is close to you)

good crossups are hard to deal with for honda especially if he doesnt have time to get charge for ex headbutt, so do that and go for a lot of hitconfirms and tic throws.

obvious jump ins, however, are really easy for honda to Ultra 1 cause of your high jump arc

watch his meter. hondas defense is a LOT worse when he doesnt have it

ex headstomp gets you out of his pressure for free

most importantly be patient. this match is all about the life lead. get it fast and get out. these characters both have a hard time getting in on the other so whoever has the life lead can sit back and react. BIG advantage. its actually everything in this matchup

oh and if they spam buttslams, ignore all of this
just block one, mash throw and the use ex headstomp and he will get destroyed if he tries another one. spam ex headstomp if it comes down to it if he wont quit
EDIT: if its a true meaty buttslam then thats a lot harder to punish but stupid spammers arent usually gonna have that timing
---
sf4-honda/p4a-aigis
WHO DEY!!!!!!!
#8justin_Oneal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 4:07:25 PM
datdudeMcCoy posted...
justin_Oneal posted...

if u block a jab headbutt u cant punish but if he does medium or heavy (u can tell by his range) you can punish with hk scissor.

dont try to hk the stop sign unless its poorly spaced (hondas body is close to you)

good crossups are hard to deal with for honda especially if he doesnt have time to get charge for ex headbutt, so do that and go for a lot of hitconfirms and tic throws.

obvious jump ins, however, are really easy for honda to Ultra 1 cause of your high jump arc

watch his meter. hondas defense is a LOT worse when he doesnt have it

ex headstomp gets you out of his pressure for free

most importantly be patient. this match is all about the life lead. get it fast and get out. these characters both have a hard time getting in on the other so whoever has the life lead can sit back and react. BIG advantage. its actually everything in this matchup

oh and if they spam buttslams, ignore all of this
just block one, mash throw and the use ex headstomp and he will get destroyed if he tries another one. spam ex headstomp if it comes down to it if he wont quit
EDIT: if its a true meaty buttslam then thats a lot harder to punish but stupid spammers arent usually gonna have that timing

Awesome. Ok, now... Does Hondas standing short destroy bison or something, or is that just a useful Honda move? In the videos I watch, I see alot of players using that move. Especially when there's some amount of distance between the two.
---
#9datdudeMcCoyPosted 12/9/2012 4:16:21 PM
justin_Oneal posted...
Awesome. Ok, now... Does Hondas standing short destroy bison or something, or is that just a useful Honda move? In the videos I watch, I see alot of players using that move. Especially when there's some amount of distance between the two.

s.lk? no..
cr.lk is a good low combo starter/ochio tic
but i think your mean s.hk. is a good low poke with range if bison tries to walk up to honda, he'll eat that a lot
---
sf4-honda/p4a-aigis
WHO DEY!!!!!!!
More topics from this board...
Option Selects and Youlilmattsback446/11 8:53AM