Best 3DS graphics yet?

#21Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 9:51:36 PM
So now that a fair few people have played it, what say you?
---
"[Skyward Sword with non-motion controls] would be like trying to play Half Life 2 with an NES controller." - clawshot52
#22DrWeilPosted 12/24/2011 10:26:51 AM
IMO, best graphics I have seen so far. at some points, the depth of the 3d is really intense, sometimes it is hard to not see a double- image on the screen unless you really focus. But that isn't a bad thing really. Mostly the textures of the levels and the attention to detail is where this game really shines. It looks better than a lot of gamecube games, so I give it big thumbs up
---
.. _ ___________
[_[___________# siggy
#23ECMPosted 12/29/2011 4:24:26 PM
RE: OP:

It does not run at 60FPS in full 3D mode, but it does (most of the time) in 2D mode.

The 3D effect, as noted by others, is really intense and really, really well done, and the graphics are, overall, the best I've yet seen on 3DS, and I've played, well, most of the games on it. (No surprise given the dev.)

(I really love the electron microscope-looking worlds.)
#24OmegaZero633Posted 1/18/2012 1:20:54 PM
Well, it runs at 60 fps in 3D occasionally.

My favorite boss is that one where you face it on a spherical cell, dodging the shots and waves it fires as you kill its parts. The 3D was just intense on that one.

Lest favorite was the dust mite one. The ground looks like it's trying to pop out and recede at the same time. Ow, my eyes.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956. PM me if you want to add me. :D
Former Official Bear-Wrestler of the NDF, Now Retired.
#25hogofddyn_Posted 1/19/2012 4:14:56 AM
SF_Baha posted...
I'm not too confident that they'll get it to run at 60 fps, at least not in 3D mode. Remember that when you're in 3D mode the entire game is being rendered twice, so the engine really has to be capable of running the game at 120 fps in order to display it at 60 fps in 3D mode.

This isn't true. 3D doesn't take double the processing power. Having a second camera at a different angle does not take twice as much power, and the 3DS certainly doesn't have to render everything twice to do it.

It doesn't quite take double the processing power as textures/shaders etc. are all already loaded into memory, lighting is already calculated etc. but the standard render functions like geometry and applying textures do have to be done twice.

Obviously you can further optimise with things like frame buffer trickery for things like reflections.

Generally though, the maths for filling in the geometry has to be done twice.
---
Gamertag: life4096
#26kyle78Posted 2/12/2012 3:18:25 AM
Resident evil revelations, even in its pre-alpha state looked great !
---
GT: Kylehboc PSN: Kylehbocc
Read it and weep.......