got some cash lying around.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Confrontation
  3. got some cash lying around.

User Info: KrazytigerEX

KrazytigerEX
4 years ago#1
gonna post my impressions when i buy this game on day one off steam.

User Info: noz3r0

noz3r0
4 years ago#2
I pre-ordered it and will be writing a guide for it. It seems incredibly interesting considering there isn't a lick of hype.
Contributor name: noz3r0
Currently writing a guide for: Risen, Risen 2, Confrontation

KrazytigerEX
4 years ago#3
Since Im only on the first stage i can tell you one thing.

Imagine the creators of blood bowl played dawn of war 2 and decided to fuse concepts from both games. Though it plays like dawn of war 2 not like BB.

There is no loot system but armor and weapons are handled through point progression and most of them have 2 weapon sets they can switch at a press of a button.

I.E dual wield swords/gun , Sword and banner/ Hammer and shield.

These points are contained within weapon racks and are pooled for the party meaning if you find 1 armor/1 weapon point you have to spend it wisely on one character instead of all characters gaining a point each.

KrazytigerEX
4 years ago#4
Ok second stage in it feels completely different.

The second stage feels more like something outta DA:O (strategic view) / Baldurs gate.

You come into a fight and your train of thought is like buff range, stun the big guy, silence the mage, buff the tank, watch out for adds/patrol (on hard the adds can be a pain) etc etc.

Every buff/debuff runs on a short duration with twice the cooldown so timing is key.

KrazytigerEX
4 years ago#5
Still in chapter one and i have like 10 characters already which can be hot switched at checkpoints lol. (party of 4)

Very original concept and makes room for some good party customization.

User Info: dezereks11

dezereks11
4 years ago#6
How do you like the combat, and what do you think of the difficulty? I loved Baldur's Gate and dragon age origins so it seems like this would be right up my alley.

User Info: Dead_Ted

Dead_Ted
4 years ago#7
can tanks draw aggro in this game? is it practical to play the tank/ dps/ healer type of formation?
  1. Boards
  2. Confrontation
  3. got some cash lying around.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived