Possible Historic teams rumor

#1dxforlife16Posted 7/31/2011 6:17:36 PM
a clerk at my local gamestop said there will be historic teams this year is it true???
---
N.S.N
#2Dugger1981Posted 7/31/2011 7:23:41 PM
I hope that is indeed true. I loved playing with all the historic teams in NHL 2K8 years ago on the PS2. EA had made crappy hockey games year after year after year after year; however, they finally won me over with NHL 11. Like any hockey video game, it has its problems; however, if you're good at tweaking the sliders/settings, you can eliminate most - if not all - of them.

I would love being able to play as the 1970s Habs, 1980s Oilers and Islanders and various international teams (1987 Canada and Soviet Union teams). It would be awesome to play NHL 12 with d-men such as Kasatonov, Orr, Potivn, Salming and Coffey. Snipe the corners with sharpshooters like Bossy and Kurri or put on a one-man show with Lemieux.

If EA would put historic teams in their games, it might help the younger generation of fans have more appreciation for the greatness of players like Kasatonov, Fetisov, Potvin, Orr, Salming, Tretiak, Holecek, Fuhr, etc.
#3RainingTHRASHPosted 7/31/2011 10:52:45 PM
This is the second board I've heard this rumor on, looks like this one might have wheels.
---
Your resident Chicago Blackhawks "fan"
The greater a man's talents, the greater his power to lead astray.
#4PSP_H0mebrewPosted 8/1/2011 7:09:03 AM
They already had the Centennial Canadiens team in 10, thats basically the 70's-80's Dynasty Habs team, they should just put that back in as well.
---
Montreal Canadiens Fan Maybe next year guys.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/lush/GIFs/ssdance.gif