Suuperstar difficulty?

#1kesselljoePosted 12/7/2011 1:25:42 AM
Is it just me or is this difficulty absolutely freakin ridiculous? I understand that it's the top difficulty but it's SO difficult to score and you just get mowed down for three straight periods.

Anyone else pretty decent online but get absolutely crushed on this difficulty mode?
#2kesselljoe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 7:25:20 PM
This game is absolutely atrocious on superstar unless you mash the d-pad and actually use the strategies like a fgt. Plain and simple.
#3HradPosted 12/9/2011 3:05:54 PM
Scroll down for cliffs.

I don't have 12 yet but on NHL 11 I had the most impossible settings. CPU Shot power, accuracy, all the shooting stats were on max, my goalie reflexes and all goalie stats were on min.

This was about fair :P Goalie had a save percentage of about 65% and I had to play absolute shutdown D allowing an average of 6 or so shots a game. I always make the playoffs still.

On Superstar the AI players are all in absolute god mode. They intercept any pass, they lift any stick, they score from anywhere, they are IMPOSSIBLE to knock down and Hal Gill has no troubles outskating Kovalchuk to a loose puck. When I went to play online for the first time I was messing around (no glitch goals, I don't play that way) and put up a 16-1-3 record and that one regulation loss was the only legit loss I had, the rest I would pull my goalie and let the opponent tie it up and then I'd lose in shootout/they would get lucky.
When I came back to playing against AI in be a GM mode I went on a 11 game losing streak before finally winning again.

Cliffs :

- Played NHL11 offline with crazy settings
- Destroyed when playing online
- Came back to Be a GM and couldn't win for my life
- Superstar is ridiculous(ly challenging :P)
#4GrallisPosted 12/23/2011 2:10:50 PM
Yes, the game cheats in a BIG way. Luckiest bounces, unreal rebounds and poke checks that fly down ice onto the opponents tape for a breakaway, Dmen speeding up to catch you, attackers interfering with you attacking the puck carrier and no calls ... It seems either adapt for tweak the settings. I played on superstar happily(though it was very hard) and I had a decent record until the last tuner update, now superstar chats too much. I play on AllStar now, it still cheats but I manage to have some fun games. Really, the problem is no competition for ea sports. If another company made a hockey game, theyd have to change and improve to keep up which is what they did until they beat out 2K. Its a crying shame now the game will stagnate and theyll only add surface candy for the kids to sell more units next year.
#5BAyers2929Posted 12/26/2011 2:40:10 PM
Grallis posted...
Yes, the game cheats in a BIG way. Luckiest bounces, unreal rebounds and poke checks that fly down ice onto the opponents tape for a breakaway, Dmen speeding up to catch you, attackers interfering with you attacking the puck carrier and no calls ... It seems either adapt for tweak the settings. I played on superstar happily(though it was very hard) and I had a decent record until the last tuner update, now superstar chats too much. I play on AllStar now, it still cheats but I manage to have some fun games. Really, the problem is no competition for ea sports. If another company made a hockey game, theyd have to change and improve to keep up which is what they did until they beat out 2K. Its a crying shame now the game will stagnate and theyll only add surface candy for the kids to sell more units next year.

So the reason why the hardest difficulty is hard, is because EA has no competition? That doesn't make sense.
---
"Two grand slams in a week - man, that's seven or eight ribbies right there."
- Bill Madlock, Baseball broadcaster