NHL 11 vs NHL 12

#1SlondaginPosted 2/10/2012 12:00:06 PM
I know I'm probably late on this but I'm itching to play a hockey game as of late. The problem is 12 is about 55 bucks and 11 is like 30. So is 12 really worth the extra money for a struggling college student? Couple things I'm wondering;

1. Gameplay: is it that different? Are there any real noticeable changes?
2. Community: do people actually still play 11 online? Not a huge factor for me but just wondering.
3. Graphics: noticeable difference?
4. Rosters: I know they update but do they still update for 11? For example would the Kings (my team) on 11 be way worse/better then the are on 12? Do the Jets exist on 11 or still the Thrashers?
5: Creation: I'm one of the weird people who loves creating his entire old teams in game, can you do this on both versions?

Thanks for the help guys.
#2ALTAIR71Posted 2/10/2012 2:09:22 PM

If u dont play online I'd go with nhl 11

#3Dugger1981Posted 2/10/2012 3:57:15 PM
Slondagin posted...
I know I'm probably late on this but I'm itching to play a hockey game as of late. The problem is 12 is about 55 bucks and 11 is like 30. So is 12 really worth the extra money for a struggling college student? Couple things I'm wondering;

1. Gameplay: is it that different? Are there any real noticeable changes?
2. Community: do people actually still play 11 online? Not a huge factor for me but just wondering.
3. Graphics: noticeable difference?
4. Rosters: I know they update but do they still update for 11? For example would the Kings (my team) on 11 be way worse/better then the are on 12? Do the Jets exist on 11 or still the Thrashers?
5: Creation: I'm one of the weird people who loves creating his entire old teams in game, can you do this on both versions?

Thanks for the help guys.

Gameplay: I think the gameplay is much better and smoother in this game; however, it is harder to land hits in this game than in NHL 11 (I actually like that).

Community: There's cheaters and sore losers in every online gaming community; therefore, I don't waste my time playing online against others. I got tired of people always quitting in NHL 11 when I would get an early 3-0 lead in the 1st period. Apparently, people hate it when you actually cycle the puck, score on deflections and score on rebounds.

Although I do not play NHL 12 online, I'm sure many people play this game online.

Graphics: Yes, there are noticeable differences. I think the graphics are better in this game. I thought the players looked too big on the ice in NHL 11.

Rosters: Yes, they still update rosters. The last update I downloaded had the Cammalleri/Bourque trade in place. I don't know if they released newer updates after that yet, though.

Jets or Thrashers: Jets. This game has the Winnipeg Jets.

Creation: I think you can create a team again just like in NHL 11. I haven't checked.
#4Dorian1Posted 2/10/2012 7:19:26 PM
Why would a game that came out in Fall 2010 have the Jets in it?
---
See What I Can Do
#5SxL-lParanoiidPosted 2/10/2012 8:38:25 PM
The Jets have the same roster sheet as the Thrashers. They had space set aside to show the new Winnipeg jersey after this game's release date.
---
GxSwizzle is my nickname. XBL: GxSwizzle , FC: 1249 2417 8940 I play Pokemon Black, NHL 12, MW3 and Halo Reach.
Immaturity exudes ignorance. :)
#6goodfella_zacPosted 2/11/2012 2:19:56 AM
If you've gone this long without picking up NHL 12, I would recommend just saving your money and buying the inevitable NHL 13. I'm sure that it will blow your mind after such a long hiatus. If you really want to get a hockey fix in this season, buy NHL 11 if you don't intend on playing online, save some money.
---
Woo Pig Sooie
Xbox Live GT: ZETTERBERG 4O
#7Slondagin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 1:28:01 PM
Sweet thanks for all the info guys, appreciate it. I think I'm gonna just pick up 11 to hold me off to 13. Have a good one, go Kings!
#8este914Posted 2/13/2012 10:57:21 AM
goodfella_zac posted...
If you've gone this long without picking up NHL 12, I would recommend just saving your money and buying the inevitable NHL 13. I'm sure that it will blow your mind after such a long hiatus. If you really want to get a hockey fix in this season, buy NHL 11 if you don't intend on playing online, save some money.

Agreed here, Im sure you can find NHL 08/09 or real cheap... but now just wait for NHL13
---
-=este914=-
#9InBloomPosted 2/13/2012 1:24:10 PM
este914 posted...
goodfella_zac posted...

Agreed here, Im sure you can find NHL 08/09 or real cheap... but now just wait for NHL13

Popped NHL 08 in not long ago. Wow, what a difference (obviously). It seriously is an arcade hockey game.
#10goodfella_zacPosted 2/13/2012 6:44:41 PM(edited)
Or you could spring for NHL 10, it would be even cheaper and I believe that's the year they introduced board play, so that will help your eventual transition to 13. Speaking of which, Datsyuk is looking good this year, and since his number is 13, I would love for him to be on the cover of the next installment. Guess that will all depend on the rest of the season though.
---
Woo Pig Sooie
Xbox Live GT: ZETTERBERG 4O