Frustration and One Timers?

#1Cloud_Strife16Posted 9/25/2011 10:41:30 AM
So I picked up this game yesterday and have spent the majority of my time since playing it. The experience so far has been pretty frustrating to say the least. The last NHL game I sank any time into was NHL 2004 so the new controls have been the biggest obstacle but I'm also finding that the movements in the game feel awkward and slow at times (Lord, I miss the speed boosts from the past games). Perhaps I just need to spend some time with the game to get used to the controls but overall I'm finding the game just makes me angry.

The one thing that is driving me absolutely mad, however, is one timers. Can anyone tell me how to properly execute one? What I've been trying to do is pass the puck and then pushing the right stick upwards before the puck is received as this is the way one timers have always worked in the older games. If this isn't correct can someone please explain to me what to do? Every time I try, the player cradles the puck for a second before releasing a shot which kind of misses the point of a one timer.

Thanks in advance.
#2Agent1CEPosted 9/25/2011 1:15:00 PM
Just hold the L2 button while passing and make a shot before the puck reaches the other player.
#3DoubleJ_2Posted 9/26/2011 5:57:36 AM
Pretty sure L3 is hustle again this year. I don't like the button choice, I'd prefer a trigger, but it can be effective if you've got a speedy player and need to get around a defender.
---
"This is like déjà vu all over again." - Yogi Berra