possible freeze fix from latest patch

#1NyStylePosted 1/9/2012 5:47:51 PM
from "beeks" of operationsports.com nhl 12 forum

"I, too, was sick of my Be a GM games freezing. I think out of about 20 games, 8 or 9 froze... a very frustrating percentage. I was so mad, in fact, that I called EA Sports to complain.

The fellow I spoke to was quite helpful actually, seemed to actually care, unlike the developers who released NHL 12 Beta.

Here is what he advised me to do, forgive me if you've already tried this:

On your PS3 main menu, go to the Network Settings. The very bottom option in Network Settings is something along the lines of 'Media Server Access'. Set that to 'Disabled', (mine was on 'Enabled'). Then, go to Game Data Utility, and delete the NHL 12 data, (this deletes the patches and such, but will not delete any settings/rosters/Be a GM... etc).

Then restart your PS3. Load NHL 12, and you'll be prompted to download the 1.04 Patch again. Download it.

I have played 5 games since doing this and have not had a single freeze. Perhaps I'm premature in my jubilation, and game #6 may freeze, but I'm having better odds- at least for now.

Now if only they would call a god damn penalty... or save my audio settings in Be A GM, so I don't have to keep turning my menu music up every time I load it.

At any rate, I hope this helps... if not, at least I have an EA case/claim number I can reference next time I call. I will not rest until this game plays like a $60 game, not a $2 coaster."

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl/531393-freezing-has-gotten-ridiculous-4.html
#2tripZ504Posted 1/9/2012 6:04:28 PM
the media server messes with a lot of games i had to turn it off for dc u online, explains why i dont freeze and do you use custom soundtrack? mine did that or it would sound like its a live recording
#3NyStyle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 6:05:48 PM
tripZ504 posted...
the media server messes with a lot of games i had to turn it off for dc u online, explains why i dont freeze and do you use custom soundtrack? mine did that or it would sound like its a live recording

i do use custom soundtrack. will this effect it? i also use custum soundtrack for wwe 12. will this do anything to those tracks?
#4tripZ504Posted 1/9/2012 6:10:55 PM
no , media server just software that allows u to grab media off your pc
#5NyStyle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 6:15:09 PM
tripZ504 posted...
no , media server just software that allows u to grab media off your pc

oh wow and this could cause a patch to make games freeze and/or lag?
#6tripZ504Posted 1/9/2012 7:09:22 PM
im not sure, but i do see it interfering with online play
#7NyStyle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 8:15:39 PM
just to update. i looked in to this. if you delete it you will have to redo your sliders, rosters, and settings because EA NHL doesnt allow data sharing betwene users an the game will see your files as being from another user. Also it will delete your online access code so you would have to pay $9.99 to use the online features again.
#8tripZ504Posted 1/9/2012 8:41:56 PM
i deleted mine hoping it would fix the nasty lagg i was getting online and accepted my code again unless they changed it since then
#9NyStyle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 8:47:05 PM
tripZ504 posted...
i deleted mine hoping it would fix the nasty lagg i was getting online and accepted my code again unless they changed it since then

when did you do it? ive been emailing and asking people from different forums that said they tried this out. were your rosters and sliders all messed up also? i have 4 people telling me they were and 3 saying they werent so now i have no idea lol.
#10tripZ504Posted 1/9/2012 9:08:33 PM
rosters and sliders did go back to default my pass still worked tho, about a month ago