Any Towers Effective Against Hoverers?

#1kliefoxPosted 1/13/2012 12:30:49 PM
Tend to use a combination of slow-fields, holo-cubes, and sniper rifles against hoverers, but the map I played on the other night, slow-fields were not available to equip.

Unfortunately, I forget what the name of the map was, but the level pretty much had a set path for the enemies to take, and premade walls that were arranged like staircases that circled the course of the map.

Anyway, just wanted to get some advice

What towers or weapons are effective for taking out hoverers faster when slow-fields are not an option?
---
Trying to make the Internet a better place, one post at a time.
#2kliefox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 1:48:17 PM
The map I was trying to describe was "Complex."

After experimenting with my regular group, we may have found the best way to deal with the hovering pests when slow fields are not available..

Equip, and level up the sniper rifle.

Make a stack of holo cubes, so that when you shoot, you're firing through at least three holo's (damage stacks, up to six holo's, but its had to get a good position with that many holo's on a small map like Complex).

Shoot through the holo's at the Hoverer's weakspot on the back of the head for massive damage.

On earlier waves, gatling guns and scatter lasers are reasonably effective against hoverers (and many other ground-based enemies).

I'll leave this topic open if people want to further discuss this idea/strategy.
---
#3kliefox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2012 5:00:23 PM
The Freeze Gun, when used in conjunction with powered up sniper rifles and Holo Cubes, is also useful in combating Hoverers.

Primary fire slows them down, and secondary fire stops them completely for a short period of time. If you have a group of people, and each of them has the Freeze Gun, take turns with the secondary fire mode so that as soon as the effect of one freeze shot wears off, the next player in line launches their secondary fire. Both modes of fire have an area of effect, though the primary fire's AOE is much smaller than the secondary fire.

This is also useful for clumping the other types of enemies together for using the Assault Rifle's grenades with.
---