My Player tips(For a SG)

#1MetaXGrossPosted 3/3/2012 12:42:54 PM
Just started to play the game, and I like it and hate it. I like the money system, but don't like the changes in created your player. I'm use to 2k11 My Player, and being able to use "Textbook" for my jumper. In 2k11 it wad, boost Shot Medium, Shoot off Dribble, Shoot in Traffic, and Consistency, buy I don't see Shoot off Dribble or Shoot in Traffic, so I just have been increasing Consistency.

Thanks.
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl.
7-17-07 Gamertag: iTz Coburn
#2MizznoxPosted 3/3/2012 12:56:31 PM
SIT is still there... SOD has effectively been replaced by Abilities.
#3MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2012 1:03:47 PM
So what do u reccomend I do? I play for Philly, but if the Pistons are still interested in me at 5 games I'll request a trade
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl.
7-17-07 Gamertag: iTz Coburn
#4Mattson403Posted 3/3/2012 4:29:24 PM
Hey I got drafted by philly too but I'm sooo bad at this game... I'm 4-17 :( :( :(

Two of those wins were against the Knicks though. I went PG and I personally hate it when I get subbed in for SG. I can't call for screens when I'm an SG... it's the damndest thing. Usually I call for a forward to cut to the basket and I throw it into him for an easy assist but as an SG I can't do that.

But yeah all those stats that you're asking about are under abilities and they're hella expensive. I'm personally working on upping my pass... I'm a 64 overall and my passing just hit 80.
#5TLCstandsforNPosted 3/4/2012 2:22:35 PM
How tall are you. If you are 6'6 just increase your midrange until you are 95. Anything lower and you will break open shots consistently.

From there increase your shot low post, shot close, layup and start leveling your post fadeaway.

When you can't get some off ball screening going and get an open mid range jumper, self post from the high post and either try a fadeaway or post drive for a layup. Most SGs actually won't be able to defend you, and if you get on a PG they will get owned almost always unless the game is in cheat mode.....then there's really nothing you can do.
---
" They can then be snarky, infused with some pathetic ghetto-cool, and have an unflinching sense of self-righteous morality."
#6MagicManJayPosted 3/4/2012 4:09:33 PM
Shoot off Dribble is basically the Dribble Pull-Up ability. Really good ability to have so I'd recommend upgrading it. Shoot in Traffic is still there too, under Offense on the attributes

And @Mattson FYI I'd upgrade other stuff like your shooting, dribbling (ball security) and defense before upgrading passing. Unless you just fail THAT bad you can get away with a very low pass rating at PG. I'm averaging 9.7 APG with just 2 turnovers a game and my pass rating isn't even at 70. My 2 turnovers are usually just really bad passes or dribbling screwups. Also when you are subbed at SG, work the pick & roll. You can still call for picks.
---
Spurs n Ravens
#7MagicManJayPosted 3/4/2012 4:11:06 PM

So what do u reccomend I do? I play for Philly, but if the Pistons are still interested in me at 5 games I'll request a trade

Do yourself a favor and never go to the Pistons. They're awful. Literally plays Stuckey at SF as a POINT FORWARD (guy can't even play point GUARD) and Maxiell at C (who seems unable to defensive rebound or defend the post...and he's 6'7")
---
Spurs n Ravens
#8AktarPosted 3/5/2012 9:09:41 AM
My pistons are sitting at 29 and 26 with the 4th spot in the west. I'm at shooting guard and loving it. I'm the number one option on offense, that helps but yeah I love playing for the hometown team :)
---
p.s.
this is what the alphabet would look like if q and r where removed~ Mitch Hedberg R.I.P