What are your Association/My Player settings?

#1Dat_Dude_YoPosted 10/27/2011 2:57:52 PM
I'm curious how you guys set your initial settings in the My Player and Association modes and how you play through them.

Like with Association do you leave everything like scouting, player roles, etc. on manual or do you automate them?

Do you leave it as 5 minute quarters and sim quarter length at 12 minutes?

And do you actually play through every game of the season or do you just sim most of it?

That type of thing. Any pointers would be appreciated.
#2iDevonPosted 10/27/2011 3:41:46 PM
In Association I play every game 12 Min Quarters, but I shorten it to 58 games. I also set Scouting & Training Camp to Auto. I set my own Player Roles because I usually go with a team of 5 Starters/Stars, 1 Sixth Man, 4 Prospects, and 2 Bench Warmers. I like to keep my team young, like no one above 25 with a few exceptions (JR Smith & Bargnani)
---
PSN=lDevon (collecting dust)
XBL=lDevon (Playing Gears 3, NBA 2K12, & CoD:BO)
#3Dat_Dude_Yo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 4:10:48 PM
iDevon posted...
In Association I play every game 12 Min Quarters, but I shorten it to 58 games. I also set Scouting & Training Camp to Auto. I set my own Player Roles because I usually go with a team of 5 Starters/Stars, 1 Sixth Man, 4 Prospects, and 2 Bench Warmers. I like to keep my team young, like no one above 25 with a few exceptions (JR Smith & Bargnani)

See what i don't get is the default is 5 minute quarters with 12 minute sim length. If you play every game that way then your stats will always be wayyyyy below what the computer controlled teams are putting up.

On the other hand if you play 5 min quarters and 5 min sim length then your numbers will pretty much always smoke the computer controlled teams.

I can't find a topic on any NBA 2k forum anywhere that discusses things like these settings.
#4labacnotanPosted 10/28/2011 1:25:37 AM
^ The best thing to do is make the sim length 6min if you play 5min quarters. It gives balanced results.
---
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!!"
#5Dat_Dude_Yo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 1:39:01 PM
Marvin RV posted...
^ The best thing to do is make the sim length 6min if you play 5min quarters. It gives balanced results.

Awesome I'll do that.

So do you guys play all 82 games or just enough to make sure you're in the playoffs?

And do you leave all that other stuff on manual or auto like scouting, lineups, player roles, etc.?