The things 2k f'ed up on:
1. Live ball physics. While I agree their should be live ball physics, this is messed up. I will just be dribbling the ball, no sprint, and will dribble it off of someones back or foot. Then, the CPU will be speed dribbling (the animation where he throws the ball ahead of him) I go for the steal, it's way ahead of him, but he pulls it back like a yoyo. And the pass knock off everybody, come on, just grab the stinking ball! The physics are too wishy washy, they need to have a consistent baseline.
2. The AI. The stupid runs, shot clock cheese, up and unders, need I say more? And in My Player, players pass out of open shots.
3. Passing. I'm not going to whine about how I can't pass through 3 guys, I am aware that is unrealistic. What I will say though, is there should not be a milisecond of time between when you press pass, and actually pass it. That delay makes for some pretty unrealistic turnovers. Like some one cutting to the basket, you pass to them when they are at the 3 point line, then they super-speed to the basket in that millisecond. And for 2k13, 2k had better make a bounce pass button. B isn't being used for anything, fake pass? Who actually uses that?
4. The controls. The controls are too similar to the others. A hopstep and eurostep are too close together, too little room for error.
5. Last but not least, the contact animations. The contact animations with and without the ball are stupid. Derrick Rose shouldn't be getting pushed around by Earl Boykins. And the layup animations are stupid. My guys layup won't change, and it'll be a foul. My guy will throw up a bad shot falling to the ground, no foul. Sometimes it's good defense, but no one has that good of defense.
Just my two cents.
Definitely agree with all of those. The game is still FUN, but it is certainly UNpolished. This is something they need to address for next years game.
-=> este914 <=-
Yes, unplolished. If they fixedall these things, and have no other problems come with fixing them, It would be a perfect game.
The fake pass is by far the most pointless move in this game. NOBODY & I mean NOBODY ever goes for it & it takes too long to actually do. I agree, B or circle for the PS3 should be for bounce passes. It would make for better passes & help out on fast breaks.
Karmaloop.com Rep Code -CHASEBANK Save 20% on fly clothes! karmaloop.com
Haha, check this out, NBA 2k1 had better pre game presentation and better passing!
I've hated this for years: If you're standing near a player being guarded by your teammate, the ai makes the shot most of the time. I'm guessing the game considers that 'wide open', which is obviously wrong.
me: "ARGHH...I hate Seth players!"
Mom: "Stop screaming, the neighbors are knocking on the wall!"
2 related aspects that I feel is very broken in this game is fast breaking and outlet passing..
Fast Break - the transition into 'fast break mode' is so slow! The players hesitate for too long. It needs to be quicker. thats what a fast break is all about anyway! And if you are on a 3-on-1 or 2-on-1 fast break it should be relatively EASY to score. Just make the proper pass to set up the appropriate guy. Oh but they tend to not do that at all. For me it always seems like they make the wrong pass, someone gets bumped and the fast break is then ruined. Completely unrealistic.
Outlet Passing - TERRIBLE! Most of the time the ball will be thrown either too high (causing the guy to jump up higher to reach for the ball and then stumble) or too low (causing the guy to reach down at his feet which may or may not result in a turnover.) They couldnt even get a simple chest pass HALFway up the length of the court correct? Or a bounce pass to an open guy to start the transition play?
Frustrating, really. And it takes the fun out of the game.
-=> este914 <=-
Icon passing is your friend...Use it to ensure the ball goes to the right guy. Directional passing has been broken for years.
I agree with almost everything you said. I know Brian Westbrook isn't the best ball handler but why he has to put the ball off his own teammates foot at least twice a game is beyond me.
@este914Icon passing is your friend...Use it to ensure the ball goes to the right guy. Directional passing has been broken for years.@tcI agree with almost everything you said. I know Brian Westbrook isn't the best ball handler but why he has to put the ball off his own teammates foot at least twice a game is beyond me.
Icon passing on a fast break or transition? Still doesnt work properly. But yes I do use it occasionally. I find there to be no difference really unless you want the ball to go specifically to someone.
-=> este914 <=-
From: rangeraa | #008
Fix'd. Brian is pretty much out of the NFL and his head is probably turned to mush based on how many concussions he has sustained.
But I agree, the dribbling off peoples' feet is broken. Also, I have experienced some problems late in the shot clock when the shot stick won't work and I won't shoot, causing a turnover. Pretty rare, though.
Channel 1 all day every day. CAM NEWTON FOR MVP BABY!
Proud representative of Steeler Nation.