What people don't understand about Rondo vs. Rose, Deron, etc.

#1EzeDoesItPosted 4/19/2012 11:50:51 AM
Rondo's 11+ assists each night are 11 baskets that went in. That's at least 22 points. During the last couple years, Rondo's efficiency has dropped, but in the '09-'10 season he was scoring about as efficiently as Rose was last year/this year, with 13 points. Let's say Rose gets 24 points and 7 assists, that's basically like he created 38 points (assuming all the assists were 2-pointers). Compare that to Rondo's 35 points created off of 13 points and 11 assists. Not too much of a difference. Then, you factor in Rondo's far superior defense and rebounding, and in my mind it's clear who is a better player.
---
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
#2AugustApparatusPosted 4/19/2012 11:54:59 AM
add in the fact that Rondo doesnt complain about referree's doeesnt complain about people fouling him hard and doesnt miss game winning game clinching free throws that result in the other team coming back and winning....its obvious Rondo is better. plus the way Rose has been playing since he came back from his boo-boo and the way Rondo has been playing its not even a question...but watch out...you are going to get a lot of comments from some kid who likes to skateboard who is going to tell you that Rondo isnt a great jump shooter..
#3frikensmurfPosted 4/19/2012 12:03:40 PM
Not doubting Rondo's talents, because he is a great player, but it's not that hard to get assists when you have Pierce KG and Ray Allen on your team. He's developed his jumper somewhat to make it decent, I would still say that Rose is a better scorer. As to who is the better PG by traditional terms it would have to be Rondo, if he develops a consistent jumper though he would be insane
---
Die Hard Knicks Fan
Still believin
#4AugustApparatusPosted 4/19/2012 12:07:23 PM
frikensmurf posted...
Not doubting Rondo's talents, because he is a great player, but it's not that hard to get assists when you have Pierce KG and Ray Allen on your team. He's developed his jumper somewhat to make it decent, I would still say that Rose is a better scorer. As to who is the better PG by traditional terms it would have to be Rondo, if he develops a consistent jumper though he would be insane

he has an old KG Pierce and Allen...allen has missed many games this year and in the game where the BIG 3 sat out he still got 16 assist...its not hard for Rose to score 20 points a game when he is taking 12 plus shots a game.....Rose also turns the ball over way too much for someone who doesnt get that many assist
#5Lozenger04Posted 4/19/2012 12:10:07 PM
Why can't anyone just admit that they're both excellent point guards that are developing their games? Rose is a 2-guard trapped in a 1's position. He's a shoot first guard and Rondo is a pass first guard. Guess what? It works for both teams!

You could make the argument that Rose shoots too much or that Rondo shoots too poorly, but they fit their systems fine. Last year Rose took his team to the ECF and his teams were winning in the 4th quarter every game with 0 all-stars. Rondo has 3 hall of famers on his team. So yeah, Rose is going to shoot more and Rondo doesn't need to shoot as much.

If you stuck them both on the Bobcats I think Rose would help the team more because they need someone to create shots for themselves seeing as they have so little creativity. Put them on the Knicks and Rondo would be better because he can distribute and set up all of the scorers and shooters on that team.

The funny thing is that both of their "weaknesses" end up helping their teams. Rose drives so much and draws defending big guys so that his team gets so many offensive rebounds. Rondo's supposed lack of range makes defenders back off him so that he has easy passing lanes to Allen, Pierce, and Garnett.

You say that Rondo is a far superior defender probably just because he gets steals. But how often does he get burned because he reaches and can't stay in front of his man or because he gambles and loses his man on defense. Rose is an average defender with low steals but rarely gets burned by his man.

Rose missed 6 games his first 3 years. Rondo missed 12. The shortened season has hurt every team but especially the guys who drive more. Rose used to get criticized because he never said a word and was too quite, now people are calling him a whiner (although he has become somewhat unreasonable this year with what he is complaining about).

Both players are wonderful. Just enjoy the golden age of point guards in the NBA.
#6AugustApparatusPosted 4/19/2012 12:20:43 PM
Lozenger04 posted...
Why can't anyone just admit that they're both excellent point guards that are developing their games? Rose is a 2-guard trapped in a 1's position. He's a shoot first guard and Rondo is a pass first guard. Guess what? It works for both teams!

You could make the argument that Rose shoots too much or that Rondo shoots too poorly, but they fit their systems fine. Last year Rose took his team to the ECF and his teams were winning in the 4th quarter every game with 0 all-stars. Rondo has 3 hall of famers on his team. So yeah, Rose is going to shoot more and Rondo doesn't need to shoot as much.

If you stuck them both on the Bobcats I think Rose would help the team more because they need someone to create shots for themselves seeing as they have so little creativity. Put them on the Knicks and Rondo would be better because he can distribute and set up all of the scorers and shooters on that team.

The funny thing is that both of their "weaknesses" end up helping their teams. Rose drives so much and draws defending big guys so that his team gets so many offensive rebounds. Rondo's supposed lack of range makes defenders back off him so that he has easy passing lanes to Allen, Pierce, and Garnett.

You say that Rondo is a far superior defender probably just because he gets steals. But how often does he get burned because he reaches and can't stay in front of his man or because he gambles and loses his man on defense. Rose is an average defender with low steals but rarely gets burned by his man.

Rose missed 6 games his first 3 years. Rondo missed 12. The shortened season has hurt every team but especially the guys who drive more. Rose used to get criticized because he never said a word and was too quite, now people are calling him a whiner (although he has become somewhat unreasonable this year with what he is complaining about).

Both players are wonderful. Just enjoy the golden age of point guards in the NBA.

...now why do you have to go and make sense and all !! lol but seriously i do agree with everything you said here, and i have made similar statement in a prior board post...i just dont like that Rose doesnt distribute the ball more and had high turn overs too....also his constant whining has made me dislike the boy...he would not of lasted in the 90's or 80's lol...
#7Lozenger04Posted 4/19/2012 12:33:54 PM
I will definitely agree that Rose has been unreasonable with his complaining lately. At first he did it because he got completely disrespected by the officials (1st couple of years) and even now he doesn't get all the calls, but how many people do? LeBron gets fouled a ton when they miss it. Shaq did too. He's too strong to get all the calls so he should just keep playing and don't worry about the officials. I don't mind a little complaining but I think his frustration is just setting in.

Players change though. Rondo used to be a punk (like when he threw Hinrich into the scorers table) but he seems more controlled now. Rose will continue to get more assists as his career goes on. Heck he was in the top 8 in scoring and assists last year. Sorry to ruin your fun argument with my attempt at logical thinking!
#8ninplayerPosted 4/19/2012 12:51:37 PM
Rose is quite possibly the least deserving MVP of all time lol. Pretty decent scorer, not much else. When hes not on that team the Bulls have still secured a one seed.
---
Psn ShaftWagon
#9AugustApparatusPosted 4/19/2012 12:53:33 PM
Lozenger04 posted...
I will definitely agree that Rose has been unreasonable with his complaining lately. At first he did it because he got completely disrespected by the officials (1st couple of years) and even now he doesn't get all the calls, but how many people do? LeBron gets fouled a ton when they miss it. Shaq did too. He's too strong to get all the calls so he should just keep playing and don't worry about the officials. I don't mind a little complaining but I think his frustration is just setting in.

Players change though. Rondo used to be a punk (like when he threw Hinrich into the scorers table) but he seems more controlled now. Rose will continue to get more assists as his career goes on. Heck he was in the top 8 in scoring and assists last year. Sorry to ruin your fun argument with my attempt at logical thinking!

LOL its okay i made the attempt at logical thinking but some people don't know how to do that !! Rose is actually up there with most FREE THROW attempts, one player i think that gets fouled a lot and doesnt get the foul calls is DWIGHT HOWARD the boy catches a beating under the rim and the refs just dont call it.....and ya Rondo was a punk when he first came in but i think that was more so him comnig in with a chip on his shoulder and having to "prove himself" ...also no one talks about how D-Will ran out a Coaching legend in Utah
#10reseacher2000Posted 4/19/2012 1:14:50 PM
Give doc rivers no credit.
---
GT:gansterchief
More topics from this board...
Update RosterDragonruler999917/24 8:39PM