Ray Allen

#1SmaKkeD_Posted 7/13/2012 7:10:28 AM
Just downloaded a 2012-13 roster, and seeing Ray Allen in a Heat jersey in this game hurt.
I do not look forward to seeing him on that team in real life...
---
---
PSN- SmaKkeD, XBL- SmaKkeD.
#2Gek2Posted 7/13/2012 9:47:50 AM
Hey, he did what he had to do. They already had him coming off the bench, was having problems with Rondo, and bringing in Jason Terry was probably the final slap in the face. Celtics will be fine.

Heat are going to repeat though. Not even a heat fan, just calling it like it is.
---
SF2-Dancer vs Baby!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SfeI0Y7lHkw
#3SmaKkeD_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 10:34:49 AM
I don't know man, they offered him 12 million and a no trade clause... passing on that to go to the team that just beat you in the ECF, I don't like it. He can't expect Boston to not look for other talent if he isn't sure if he is going to sign back with them. They had a chance at Terry and they took it Ray can't really blame them for that.

As much as I want Boston to win it all this year, I feel like this year is gonna be OKC's year.
---
---
#4CarlBarkerPosted 7/13/2012 11:39:41 AM
Ray Allen just wants an easy ring. Let him be.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NS4HR.jpg
#5WildGoose2K12Posted 7/13/2012 11:51:47 AM
SmaKkeD_ posted...
I don't know man, they offered him 12 million and a no trade clause... passing on that to go to the team that just beat you in the ECF, I don't like it. He can't expect Boston to not look for other talent if he isn't sure if he is going to sign back with them. They had a chance at Terry and they took it Ray can't really blame them for that.

As much as I want Boston to win it all this year, I feel like this year is gonna be OKC's year.
---

They benches him, limiting his minutes and then signed another guy who plays the same position, limiting his minutes even more and then Rondo started acting like the arrogant whining child that he is. Honestly, I don't blame him. He just wants to play ball and will get twice the minutes he would have gotten on Boston.
#6JohnnySomethingPosted 7/13/2012 12:07:26 PM
Also, didn't they spend a chunk of last year looking to potentially trade him?

Kind of surprising the offered him a no-trade clause considering that, but still. I just think he felt disrespected on a couple of levels... and he saw a better fit for himself at this stage of his career over in Miami, to boot.
#7WildGoose2K12Posted 7/13/2012 12:21:05 PM
JohnnySomething posted...
Also, didn't they spend a chunk of last year looking to potentially trade him?

Yeah, they did. Honestly going to Miami makes sense for him. Just like going to LA makes sense for Nash.

People will find anything to hate on people for.
#8SmaKkeD_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 12:52:34 PM
WildGoose2K12 posted...
SmaKkeD_ posted...

---

They benches him, limiting his minutes and then signed another guy who plays the same position, limiting his minutes even more and then Rondo started acting like the arrogant whining child that he is. Honestly, I don't blame him. He just wants to play ball and will get twice the minutes he would have gotten on Boston.

Ray still played the same amount of minutes coming off the bench, Bradley was playing really well so he deserved the start. I can understand if he felt disrespected by them trying to trade him, but i just feel that the No trade clause would have shown him they wanted him back. The Celtics said that signing Terry was not going to limit Rays minutes, Bradley won't be ready for the start of the season so the C's needed another Guard no matter what.
There really isn't proof that Rondo had anything to do with Rays leaving, thats all the media, Ray said that there were no problems between them. Granted that may not be true I think I would take Rays word on it.
I'm not hating, and I would have loved if he stayed. I don't blame him for leaving, but seeing him leave for The Heat hurts.
---
---
#9WildGoose2K12Posted 7/13/2012 1:13:53 PM
SmaKkeD_ posted...
WildGoose2K12 posted...
SmaKkeD_ posted...

---

Ray still played the same amount of minutes coming off the bench, Bradley was playing really well so he deserved the start. I can understand if he felt disrespected by them trying to trade him, but i just feel that the No trade clause would have shown him they wanted him back. The Celtics said that signing Terry was not going to limit Rays minutes, Bradley won't be ready for the start of the season so the C's needed another Guard no matter what.
There really isn't proof that Rondo had anything to do with Rays leaving, thats all the media, Ray said that there were no problems between them. Granted that may not be true I think I would take Rays word on it.
I'm not hating, and I would have loved if he stayed. I don't blame him for leaving, but seeing him leave for The Heat hurts.
---

He played the same minutes coming off the bench as he did all those years as a starter? Hard to believe. And how does signing a guy who plays the exact same position not result in you getting less minutes? It's literally impossible unless they were planning to play him out of position. On top of all that they spent about a third of last year trying to trade him and he's more likely to get another ring with Miami. Boston are on the way down, Miami on the way up. How many years do you think Garnett and Pierce have left in them?

It was the right move at the end of the day and terrible management by Boston over the last year. If they wanted him to stay they shouldn't have benched him, signed Terry and tried for months to trade him.
#10ABT3HBEASTPosted 7/13/2012 2:02:01 PM
I'm a big Ray Allen fan he's my basketball idol and seeing him go to Miami did sting at first, but think about it...

Ray on the Heat means he is going to have a lot of wide open looks... and he is WAY more consistent than Miller/Battier/Chalmers. So he's going to get his shot whenever he wants. And he won't have to work hard cause Lebron and Wade command double teams whenever they touch the ball. This move makes the Heat a definite favorite to win the NBA finals as much as I hate to say it.

Ray Allen left because he felt disrespected by the Celtic organization. He lost his starting job to Avery Bradley and the man has so much pride to be put on the bench. It's not like he played badly he just got injured. Also compared to the money that Pierce and Garnett got, Ray Allen was offered like what 12 (?) million? And he and Rondo never got along. It's a pretty logical move for Ray Allen.