So Jay Z is the Executive Producer of nba 2k13......

#21XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 2:01:22 PM
DuceDestiny posted...
You said the soundtrack was pushing you even more to buy live... Which means part of your desire to play NBA Live is based on the soundtrack...

To respond to your last statement. Are you saying that the "people" wouldn't want Jay Z's music? I am sure you do not speak for everyone, and considering Jay Z is extremely popular, it is a good business move by 2K.

maybe i should have worded it better or added an extra break but i didnt intend on saying that. the "i wana buy live " part isfor 2k GIANT accouncement being "We got JAY Z" instead of something more worthwhile that will HELP the game.

"OH.
DEAR.
GOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8bRD8PIWI&feature=g-u-u

This is pushing me more to buy NBA live this year."

like that.

the sound track part was to be a separate thing all together.

when i say "what people want" i mean gameplay improvements and etc not OMGWTFBBQ WEGOT Jay Z.

Tell me. is Jay z going to fix Online?
Fix bumping?
Fix the freezing that PLAUGED 2k12 for me?
Fix the wonky ball physics?

or are we going to have a D Will + Nets thats more annoying then the current one in 2k12.

i hope that helps clear things up
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| WrSx Ownalot
"it takes someone like harriet tubman and refusing to not go to the front of the bus that gets things done." Beretta 009
#22TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 8/8/2012 9:47:41 AM
You can have that Live crap. It's bad enough the graphics aren't that great, but what really turns me off is that feature that makes players play identically to their most recent real life game performance.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#23DuceDestinyPosted 8/9/2012 6:24:53 PM
I understand it upsets you that 2K decided to announce this Jay Z thing instead of some gameplay fixes.

What I would like you to do is look at this from a business point of view. With NBA Live coming back, 2K needs to do something to secure the average person will buy NBA 2K instead of NBA Live. Putting a name like Jay-Z on the title can help with that.

Online? Bumping? Freezing? Physics? Nope he can't fix any of these, but do you really think the a publisher asking a popular artist to help put together the soundtrack for the game had any noticeable effect on the developer actually making the game?

Normally they would have a team running around trying to license music to put in the game and then giving the tracks over to the development team to put into the game. Only thing different here is that Jay Z joined that team.

2K made a choice which didnt cost any development time but could increase the overall sales numbers.
---
If you like big men, it would be Wilt Chamberlain. Or if you're racist you're gonna pick Larry Bird - Horry
#24XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 10:12:12 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
You can have that Live crap. It's bad enough the graphics aren't that great, but what really turns me off is that feature that makes players play identically to their most recent real life game performance.

isnt this somewhat in 2k?

DuceDestiny posted...
I understand it upsets you that 2K decided to announce this Jay Z thing instead of some gameplay fixes.

What I would like you to do is look at this from a business point of view. With NBA Live coming back, 2K needs to do something to secure the average person will buy NBA 2K instead of NBA Live. Putting a name like Jay-Z on the title can help with that.

Online? Bumping? Freezing? Physics? Nope he can't fix any of these, but do you really think the a publisher asking a popular artist to help put together the soundtrack for the game had any noticeable effect on the developer actually making the game?

Normally they would have a team running around trying to license music to put in the game and then giving the tracks over to the development team to put into the game. Only thing different here is that Jay Z joined that team.

2K made a choice which didnt cost any development time but could increase the overall sales numbers.

i understand they wana make money and etc. but who is going to JUMP out there seats going "ima buy 2k13 for the music" alli can say at this point is wait for the demo.of the game. do i think getting Jay z could hurt the game? maybe yes maybe no. it depends on how 2k plays this out. it seems like 2k been trying to add things that arent really needed so they can have something to fall back on somewhat.

(look at the legend things we been getting then look at how 2k12 came out.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| WrSx Ownalot
"it takes someone like harriet tubman and refusing to not go to the front of the bus that gets things done." Beretta 009
#25DuceDestinyPosted 8/11/2012 1:29:02 PM
Jay-Z has his name on it. When some random kid's mom goes to the store and sees Live and 2K side by side, she is going to say "oh this one has Jay-Z so it must be good." As dumb as that sounds, its the kind of crap that happens all the time.

You and I might not care, honestly I personally ignore the music most of the time, but it will help with the VERY casual fan and those are the hardest fans to get.

Its still NBA 2k and they are still trying to tweak and add things every year. Nostalgia glasses aside, NBA 2K12 is a great game. Its not perfect, but it really really good.

Game Informer released a bunch of new info, they have been working on a ton of stuff
---
If you like big men, it would be Wilt Chamberlain. Or if you're racist you're gonna pick Larry Bird - Horry
#26MizznoxPosted 8/12/2012 2:25:18 AM
It should be noted that gameplay changes typically take a while to be announced. The hype stuff comes first, then they start getting into the specifics that the people who discuss this stuff on message boards really care about.
---
Just the tip!
#27Big_Daddy_TPosted 8/13/2012 12:49:33 PM
darkstra posted...
Sasuke_Itachi posted...
It's just a meaningless title for marketing purposes.

The only thing he helps in is the soundtrack and look of the menus.

He's not really an executive producer of his game.

Thats what I've been trying to tell people it's sad the music is still bad I'm tired of the rap/hip hop crap

Uh...what else would be in an NBA game?
---
3DS FC: 3427-4032-0260
#28CarlBarkerPosted 8/13/2012 3:07:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eAyF9.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/DOcFp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wR4Vu.jpg