can't get Move to work

#1scm60Posted 10/4/2011 12:46:13 PM
I know my Move controller is working. I can navigate the PS3 menu bar and play other games, but when I load NBA2K12 it doesn't recognize it. Any suggestions?
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
#2cabcalloway1983Posted 10/4/2011 1:01:55 PM
I was under the impression that the move controller only worked only in one mode or something very limited.
#3dcamp27Posted 10/4/2011 1:56:56 PM
Can you play with the navigation controller too?
#4scm60(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 2:37:40 PM
According to the manual you only need the Move. But, like I said, I can't get it to work. Can't connect to the website, either. Some things just don't seem to be working.
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
#5cabcalloway1983Posted 10/4/2011 2:46:29 PM
Did the manual say that the controller can be used in any mode?
#6scm60(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 4:24:27 PM
It doesn't say specifically. It gives you the instructions for how to use the Move to pass, shoot, rebound, etc. I tried it in the Quick Game but the game doesn't recognize it.
---
#7jon_dojahPosted 10/4/2011 5:32:24 PM
i dont think u can use move in the main part of the game much like MLB the show
#8dcamp27Posted 10/4/2011 11:03:26 PM
i dont think u can use move in the main part of the game much like MLB the show

Why do they even bother then? The Move logo on the cover gets people excited to buy the game only to be highly disappointed.
#9scm60(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 7:00:14 AM
Ok, I finally figured it out. The Move only works in a single game mode called NBA on the Move. Its basically a Quick Game for the Move. No Navigation controller needed. Haven't played a game yet -- will do that after work today. Would've been nice for that info to have been more prominently listed in the manual.
---
#10dcamp27Posted 10/5/2011 8:24:50 AM
Ok, I finally figured it out. The Move only works in a single game mode called NBA on the Move. Its basically a Quick Game for the Move. No Navigation controller needed. Haven't played a game yet -- will do that after work today. Would've been nice for that info to have been more prominently listed in the manual.

It's false advertising and they should be ashamed. Unfortunately I see a lot of this sort of thing in today's gaming world.